Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Apr 2007, 07:12 (Ref:1893589)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I once got a double trailer stuck in the tunnel at Spa, co incidently it had an MGB on the bottom deck and my Merlyn on top. I very unhappy experience which ended up with a burnt clutch on my tow truck and a certain ten tenther acting as my shining knight and saving the day for me but he doesnt like me to talk about it in case it tarnishes his contradictory image!! All I will say is that a friend in need etc...
Old 17 Apr 2007, 07:19 (Ref:1893593)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah yes,I remember it well!!
Old 17 Apr 2007, 07:44 (Ref:1893601)   #3
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of our drivers at the Spa 6h hired a camper (new car!!!) Porbably he was so impressed by the weekend that sunday morning he took the Tunnel.................. EVERYBODY who was having a coffee at the bar on top heard it ...............and we tease him with it, if we can once a week! It costed him an extra 800 euros for the weekend.......................
Old 17 Apr 2007, 17:24 (Ref:1894004)   #4
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Yes you,re right Esper,very much like a Coune car,the first "B" GT! The reason I know that trailer will not go through the tunnel is because I followed one through last year!! The roof was,nt toooo bad though, I had to keep back a bit ,for the clouds of fibre glass dust!!
it wasn;t this camper at say 1100h in the morning?????? its even visible at my pages!!!!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 07:20 (Ref:1894448)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No ,it was the same as Peters trailer,it did not belong to to driver,it was on loan!!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 07:42 (Ref:1894463)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where've you seen my trailer?
Old 18 Apr 2007, 08:58 (Ref:1894516)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Self Promotion?
Old 18 Apr 2007, 09:15 (Ref:1894535)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Serious question but I gues you must be one of the few who log in through to front page. You'd be better using this link.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 18 Apr 2007, 11:43 (Ref:1894625)   #9
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Where've you seen my trailer?

so far not overhere, allthough look at the wires above the tunnel
Old 18 Apr 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1894833)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Serious question but I gues you must be one of the few who log in through to front page. You'd be better using this link.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic

w----ER,,,,
Old 18 Apr 2007, 20:19 (Ref:1895049)   #11
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
w----ER,,,,
waterpump?
Old 18 Apr 2007, 21:25 (Ref:1895094)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Exactly Esper,
Old 19 Apr 2007, 04:21 (Ref:1895214)   #13
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think there is another person who posts regularly on here who found out the hard way that a double deck trailer won't go through the tunnel at Spa.....
Old 19 Apr 2007, 06:57 (Ref:1895238)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
He has already admited it Roger.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 07:39 (Ref:1895263)   #15
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've never been allowed in the 'inner santum' at SPa . . .we've only ever raced with the peasants on the outside of the circuit

having said that waking up and seeing Eu Rouge in the morning sunshine is no bad thing!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1895379)   #16
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
He has already admited it Roger.
I was a bit slow this morning!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 12:29 (Ref:1895463)   #17
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
I was a bit slow this morning!
and he just likes to remind me that I am a complete plonker!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1895485)   #18
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
For several years we were in the centre and I remember after a "session" up the road we came back to find the gates locked. I had to leave the Trannie outside as it was too tall for the tunnel and "stagger " back to get some sleep. In the morning I got up at the crack of 10 oclock and was sure that the van had been nicked ! But since they got the pikey boys in and tarted up the outside park it's not bad and easy to get out.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1895776)   #19
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new tunnel between the Busstop and La Source is going to be bigger, brighter and for big trucks.
So knowing Spa, they probably won't allow anybody in there.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 12:03 (Ref:1896226)   #20
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
The new tunnel between the Busstop and La Source is going to be bigger, brighter and for big trucks.
So knowing Spa, they probably won't allow anybody in there.
they will let me in there, but I speak french
Old 20 Apr 2007, 15:27 (Ref:1896428)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
they will let me in there, but I speak french

Peugoet will let me in,but I have to speak Dutch as well as French
Old 20 Apr 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1896467)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
In truth the inside is convenient but boy do the drains smell!
Old 20 Apr 2007, 16:30 (Ref:1896489)   #23
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
i am looking forward to hear the dutchfrench after the -bolly-
Old 20 Apr 2007, 16:32 (Ref:1896490)   #24
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
In truth the inside is convenient but boy do the drains smell!
i must say you, are awakening my fantasies, what the h. have you done there??????????
Old 20 Apr 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1896495)   #25
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
by the w. is your daily a pug? like all important MGers have. yes then ofcourse the Spa tunnels open like sesams cave.
or did you rebadge a teutonic device?