Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 20 Apr 2020, 15:51 (Ref:3971859)   #151
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR driver gets kicked out of iRacing event while wearing giraffe onesie

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nasc...112x12oh9nxjif

At least boys are still "being boys"...
Old 21 Apr 2020, 00:49 (Ref:3971951)   #152
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that was garbage call from iRacing. Reason 6,456 why iRacing is GARBAGE. That's not a parkable offense, that's short track revenge. But also, your GARBAGE simulation allows cars who would be otherwise wrecked, bent and DONE to be back on track. That's not racing, it's a travesty and if that's where we're going I'm out for life.

And that's said by a guy who very much wants 80k to buy a Rivian electric truck. The future isn't scary, it's just iRacing isn't ready.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 00:38 (Ref:3972487)   #153
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like NASCAR shops as going to be called essential and allowed to work under the extended shelter rules in NC. They expect to be racing in May, likely for TV production only.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 21:46 (Ref:3972719)   #154
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Darlington is May 17th with no fans.
Old 25 Apr 2020, 01:46 (Ref:3972737)   #155
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The NASCAR fans on Racer think it will be the highest rated sports event ever. I'm not sure non race fans will tune in just to see a live sport.
Old 25 Apr 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3972828)   #156
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The NASCAR fans on Racer think it will be the highest rated sports event ever. I'm not sure non race fans will tune in just to see a live sport.
Its gonna be tough to beat the World Cup Final but hey! IF anyone can do it, it would be the Granddaddy of Superspeedways, uh, in the US.

I'm sure it will be the most watched NASCAR race in years, but I'm still not getting how just removing the fans really makes sense. Teams are still together, sleeping in 4s in a hotel, TV crews, NASCAR officials....

And how many fans are going to go ahead a take the camper to Darlington County and see how close they can get. I'm thinking too soon, but what do I know
Old 26 Apr 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3972974)   #157
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Good luck to 'em, seems a bit risky to me though.

My brain says run Charlotte so most of the guys are close to home.
Old 26 Apr 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3973001)   #158
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's not like Darlington is that far, it's barely a 2 hour drive to the track for most teams.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 01:38 (Ref:3973012)   #159
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Looks like Newman things he'll be back in the car when Cup returns to the track. Well he wins the tough guy award for this season if he does.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3973160)   #160
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It's not like Darlington is that far, it's barely a 2 hour drive to the track for most teams.
Yeah, true my brain has gone to mush with no work. Darlington moved in my head!!!

Ganassi has signed Matt Kenseth to drive the #42. I like Matt, but fear he'll be too rusty to compete at the top level... guess we'll find out in a few weeks.
Old 30 Apr 2020, 19:22 (Ref:3973875)   #161
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Two Cup races at Darlington in the same week, then another two at Charlotte. Plus an xfinity at each and trucks at Charlotte if I heard correctly.

From a racing drought to a racefest. Two weeks on Sunday, boogity boogity boogity!
Old 11 Jun 2020, 13:24 (Ref:3981347)   #162
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Back to the 2020 general thread. Any bets on whether he gets to drive again this season? No idea who he is but apparently 18 truck races over the years so guess he's the voice of the NASCAR driver. Kneeling at the anthem, Wallace's car carrying BLM and now no Confederate flag? What's NASCAR coming to he says. But doesn't see the juxtaposition of allowing Confederate flag and demanding everyone stand for the US flag?

https://www.cbssports.com/nascar/new...ent-with-flag/
Old 11 Jun 2020, 15:34 (Ref:3981371)   #163
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Arguably the greatest aerospace company in history is in the pits because bean counters had the last word over engineers.

I think Nascar's problem is similar. They have ex-racers in technical positions while marketing and accounting people make the decisions. They want a "family friendly" product to attract the biggest sponsors; so they fine/penalize drivers for speaking their mind. I remember "rasslin'" on TV in the '50's. Does anyone think that any fighting sports would exist today on media if the players hadn't been allowed to talk smack to/about each other? A Nascar driver mouths off and gets fined $/points; so they shut up. Of the younger half of Nascar drivers I have favorable opinions about a couple; unfavorable opinions about a couple of others. The rest I don't even recognize. I think this is what has cost them so many longtime fans.

I had hopes that Bubba Wallace would be a boost to the sport. I don't know if he has the talent to be a winner since Petty hasn't fielded cars capable of winning in some time. He has expressed some difficulty in dealing with stress over expectations vs results... not a good mindset for a racer.

I doubt Bubba's statement is going to gain as many fans as Nascar's decision is going to cost them. I don't know about Pocono or Chicagoland; but the last time I went to Talladega there were hundreds of Stars and Bars in the infield. Will Nascar turn away fans wearing Confederate flag shirts?.

If Bubba can't cut it in the long run; will he become Nascar's Colin Kaepernick?
Old 11 Jun 2020, 21:24 (Ref:3981437)   #164
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, the kids may have personality and opinions but we really don't get to see anything do we? One slip of the tongue from Larson, and I genuinely don't believe he meant to offend anyone, and his career is seriously damaged. Safest thing is to say nowt other than thanks to my sponsors etc.

Seems to be everybody everywhere. Certainly no newscaster or journalist has the will to question the claim Floyd was killed by the Police was because of the colour of his skin. It may be because the Police officer intensely disliked violent people who resist arrest. Whatever the reason, the man did not deserve to die. But until the Police man says, yes I hate black people, then why do the snowflakes assume this. To my mind it makes them the racists.

I guess no re-runs of the Duke's of Hazard with the ol' General Lee and Confederate flag paintjob on the roof. Pretty crappy but as a kid I had a crush on Daisy Duke!
Old 14 Jun 2020, 20:23 (Ref:3982098)   #165
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
So, question guys: how hard is it to keep a car to the pit lane speed?

I just can't comprehend how come Kyle Busch keeps getting busted for violations. Whether in a Cup car, xfinity car or truck. Is he losing it?
Old 14 Jun 2020, 20:39 (Ref:3982103)   #166
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well he believes in the old if you aren't cheating you're losing mantra it seems. His trucks often get dinged.

And the pit lane speed is purely tach and guys try to set their revs in practice. Less practice means less accuracy each time, listen to the pit radio in practice. There's lots of chatter about pit lane speed. It sounds like teams do their own timing and Nascar does not give them times in practice. Guessing rounding errors end up being 5 mph over and Nascar has a couple times issued likely not accurate speed penalties according to a couple reporters. They just need to give them what everyone else uses and pit lane buttons and allow it in the ECU. I'm thinking the equipment just isn't up to the level of accuracy the regs expect
Old 14 Jun 2020, 21:49 (Ref:3982111)   #167
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Thanks. So no high tech stuff like F1 (didn't expect there would be to be honest).

So just pushing it rather than playing safe and not learning either - if my memory isn't jumbled he got busted in the Atlanta truck race and then busted a second time for speeding whilst serving the first penalty.

Still, adds to the entertainment value
Old 8 Jul 2020, 21:04 (Ref:3986850)   #168
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nascar has told Cuomo to stuff his quarantine rules and left The Glen for Daytona again. But this time all 3 national series will run in the road course at Daytona. Should be fun.

https://racer.com/2020/07/08/daytona...le-for-august/
Old 8 Jul 2020, 21:51 (Ref:3986852)   #169
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nascar has told Cuomo to stuff his quarantine rules and left The Glen for Daytona again. But this time all 3 national series will run in the road course at Daytona. Should be fun.

https://racer.com/2020/07/08/daytona...le-for-august/

Not a smart idea by Nascar's to run states that are running out of medical resources.

Sooner or later they will be trapped in a long lockdown.

Florida is probably the worst place on the planet to run anything until they get the situation under control.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3986943)   #170
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Not a smart idea by Nascar's to run states that are running out of medical resources.

Florida is probably the worst place on the planet to run anything until they get the situation under control.
While I agree with your sentiments (and the Glen is 100X better than the roval), this is over a month away; so much changes in a week, let alone nearly 6. They're trying to send my wife and kids back to school in 6 weeks. What NASCAR does is the least of my concern, ATM.

BUT I agree, they're pushing past the southeast now, so this is putting more of a strain elsewhere and I feel you're correct they will be stopped at some point.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 17:34 (Ref:3987030)   #171
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post

Medical resources are NOT strained in the area of Daytona so that's not a concern at this time. Plus as stated in the sportscars thread trauma is not used for covid so that's also not a concern.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 02:08 (Ref:3987105)   #172
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well this will fix everything, lights under the cars for the All Star event and numbers pushed to the rear wheel.

https://racer.com/2020/07/09/nascar-...all-star-race/
Old 10 Jul 2020, 02:34 (Ref:3987106)   #173
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m up for the chose cone rule on restarts. I liked seeing people get into a tizzy over the numbers being moved. But lights under the car? What?!

I bought a TV once. Everything was fine and then one day I found a feature in the menu. Lights came behind it to light up the wall depending what was on the screen. It was so cheap and tacky I needed a shower.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3987222)   #174
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Well this will fix everything, lights under the cars for the All Star event and numbers pushed to the rear wheel.

https://racer.com/2020/07/09/nascar-...all-star-race/
Old 10 Jul 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3987223)   #175
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think seeing the lights under the car will be cool to see, but with the track under floodlights, we won’t see the full effect of them