Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Oct 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3857147)   #346
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Crazy good race, with all the fuel drama at the end and CORE praying, I got sad for them. I have a feeling that Mazda have lost the race at the last pitstop, they lost lot of positions and it was too late to regain.

What was the cause of the penalty for Derani?

Great race, end of a short era, no more Contis, maybe no more Nissan, and we will have almost a formula Caddy with at least seven cars of the brand.
No penalty I don't believe, they were running low on fuel and possibly had a puncture towards the end. I may have missed it but it seemed like Paul was calling them out right after the "last round" of pit stops that it was prob 8-10 laps too early.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 16 Oct 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3857150)   #347
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
No penalty I don't believe, they were running low on fuel and possibly had a puncture towards the end. I may have missed it but it seemed like Paul was calling them out right after the "last round" of pit stops that it was prob 8-10 laps too early.
Thanks. I couldn't see the car stopping, and the commentators in FS3 said it was a passthrough penalty. The car was slowing down the laps before to enter to the pits, so it have sense what you said.
Old 16 Oct 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3857169)   #348
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Thanks. I couldn't see the car stopping, and the commentators in FS3 said it was a passthrough penalty. The car was slowing down the laps before to enter to the pits, so it have sense what you said.
I read somewhere that Pipo had a puncture and had to make their (originally planned) last pitstop many laps early. In short, the puncture likely cost them the victory.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 14:56 (Ref:3857302)   #349
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
They sure were, although the latter generations were certainly getting prettier / less ugly.
All were hideous except for Corvette DP
Old 17 Oct 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3857304)   #350
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSquirrel View Post
Best IMSA race of the year? I think so.
No, too many cautions flags still
Old 17 Oct 2018, 16:41 (Ref:3857326)   #351
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Not sure if it was tounge-and-cheek or serious, but there was a hint of Porsche GT team running special livery at Daytona. If so then I suggest Champion and Rohr livery. Having 3 or 4 911 RSRs there would be awesome and thankful as well!
Old 17 Oct 2018, 17:42 (Ref:3857338)   #352
MaskedRacer
Veteran

The Ford GT never seemed to be best car in the field at night. I don't think the car has ever won Sebring nor the Petit Le Mans. The two races that finish at night. Fading in the last hour again shows this.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 17:53 (Ref:3857340)   #353
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Not sure if it was tounge-and-cheek or serious, but there was a hint of Porsche GT team running special livery at Daytona. If so then I suggest Champion and Rohr livery. Having 3 or 4 911 RSRs there would be awesome and thankful as well!
I saw it in a few articles about Petit so I think IMSA will be pushing for special liveries related to IMSA 50th anniversary for 2019. I think we will see old IMSA liveries on the Porsches over international ones.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3857372)   #354
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hadn't noticed this until today, but the 3rd place Mazda had to go on the grass to take the checkered flag and get past the ailing Action Express car. RvZ posted a link to the final lap on twitter and you can see the Mazda go wide. I think it was the 55 with Pigot aboard

https://twitter.com/Rengervdz/status...45692466900992
Old 17 Oct 2018, 21:00 (Ref:3857384)   #355
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I hadn't noticed this until today, but the 3rd place Mazda had to go on the grass to take the checkered flag and get past the ailing Action Express car. RvZ posted a link to the final lap on twitter and you can see the Mazda go wide. I think it was the 55 with Pigot aboard

https://twitter.com/Rengervdz/status...45692466900992
Crazy.

Yeah, best race I've seen in a bit. Sure, there were some ugly parts, but all 10 hrs can't perfect!
Old Yesterday, 02:34 (Ref:3857421)   #356
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If we take in mind what we have thought at the beginning of the year, I think it was a lot better than what we expected. There wasn't a Cadillac or Acura strong domination, even the P2 cars were part of the action in most races, and the Mazdas did it better than the most crazy expectations. Some races were rare, as Mid Ohio, but at least I'm very happy with how it all was.

We all want diversity of cars and engines, but beside costs, and looking at the WEC I think IMSA did it very well.