Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 8 Feb 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2629326)   #726
James Mappin
Rookie

James Mappin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I like that. Perhaps to expand on the idea, they could give the SP cars a head start of one lap on the touring cars, meaning they could technically win a race outright, but not really. Then when the new rules kick in, then get rid of it and refuse to acknowledge that it actually existed?
Did you actually read that efore you clicked post? I'm going to take it as sarcasm anyway.

'10-'13 are transition periods. Were just going to have to grin and bear it till it all levels off in 2013. Going to be some great racing though.

Also take a look at http://www.nickleason.com.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2629383)   #727
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Mappin View Post
Also take a look at http://www.nickleason.com.
Old news! Did you read it?

Bottom line, he wants to go Touring car racing... But he is still looking for sponsors to pay for it!!!! One of so many drivers.

Are you going to write a story about it?
Old 8 Feb 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2629397)   #728
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally View Post
Old news! Did you read it?

Bottom line, he wants to go Touring car racing... But he is still looking for sponsors to pay for it!!!! One of so many drivers.

That would just be 'crazy
Old 9 Feb 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2629830)   #729
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andy Neate confirmed for a BMW I've read on the Ford Racing UK site (He was Fiesta champion a few years back..). Assuming WSR?
Old 9 Feb 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2629960)   #730
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best of luck to him if it's true. I doubt many people would complain at the sight of him winning a race or two.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 22:37 (Ref:2630256)   #731
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will be great to see Andy Neate back behind the wheel of a race car and in BTCC, hope he can be quick from the off
Old 10 Feb 2010, 00:01 (Ref:2630294)   #732
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
andy neate is one guy that really, really deserves a bit of glory. best of luck to him.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 00:38 (Ref:2630313)   #733
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So all this about Andy not racing again after being unbelievably lucky after his 2008 incident has now gone out the window?

Fair play to him I guess, I hope he get's on ok.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 03:31 (Ref:2630374)   #734
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that, if things are similar to the way they were as he recovered from the accident, he's taking quite the risk by getting back into the cockpit. I guess his family is ok with it?

I wish him all the best and no shunts!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2630602)   #735
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Looks like that's a 'yes'.

Never let the lack of any facts or even evidence get in the way of writing a story.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2630722)   #736
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As it has been confirmed on the highly informative and repected forum, Ford Racing UK.

A story about Andy Neate will be forthcoming as well??
Old 10 Feb 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2630739)   #737
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
As it has been confirmed on the highly informative and repected forum, Ford Racing UK.

No doubt TcT will make a big story on it. Then retract it.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2630796)   #738
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
I think you're getting your websites mixed up?

RML retracted an official release - as did Tom Coronel. What's this got to do with TcT?
Old 10 Feb 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2630821)   #739
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As for the big news. I know what I'd like to see. The return of the One Shot Showdown. It'd liven up Saturday's proceedings somewhat, as 30 min straight qualifying sessions are quite dull and never come alive until the final minutes sometimes.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2630834)   #740
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
What's One Shot Showdown? Each driver only 1 lap to qualify?
Old 10 Feb 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2630839)   #741
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
To be fair, as Hazard says, RML retracted the statement that they put on their website after they realised people actually read it!
And the Tom Coronel story was from an officially released press statement, that they then said should not have been released. Don't blame TcT for bad PR mistakes.

As for the Nick Leason story on BTCCrazy. It's not really a story, it tells me nothing. It shows they haven't spoken to the team about their plans for 2010!
So many of these web-sites are springing up promising to be different but aren't.

Only two sites apart from the official sites have survived and continue to give decent coverage of touring car racing... Touring Car Times and BTCC Pages. So, they may not be perfect, but without them most of you would now zero!

As for the big news? If it's what I think it is... Yes it will be good for the championship, but it won't be mind-boggling!

Rant over!!!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2630845)   #742
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Continuing with tradition, it appears this bit of Neate news has dissapeared as well...
Old 10 Feb 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2630855)   #743
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Yes - as was used in the late 90s.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2630858)   #744
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Yes, just the top ten as they finished in qualifying.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2630865)   #745
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS View Post
Yes, just the top ten as they finished in qualifying.
It was the entire grid not just the top ten.

It was supposed to mix up the grid but I was never convinced it actually made that much difference. Apart from the odd occasion when someone put gravel on the track the results were pretty much the same as they would have been under normal qualifying.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2630890)   #746
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
It was the entire grid not just the top ten..
WAS IT???

Shows you how impressed I was with it then? Those poor spectators...
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2630898)   #747
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
It was the entire grid not just the top ten.

It was supposed to mix up the grid but I was never convinced it actually made that much difference. Apart from the odd occasion when someone put gravel on the track the results were pretty much the same as they would have been under normal qualifying.
Memorably Alain Menu messed up his breaking for the Club chicane at Thruxton in the first ever One Shot session and he qualified down the order as a result.

I just feel the Saturday needs something to freshen it up a little bit. Mind you, would you want to give some of the drivers down the order one lap and a clear track to go as fast as they possibly can?
Old 11 Feb 2010, 08:03 (Ref:2631224)   #748
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Memorably Alain Menu messed up his breaking for the Club chicane at Thruxton in the first ever One Shot session and he qualified down the order as a result.

I just feel the Saturday needs something to freshen it up a little bit. Mind you, would you want to give some of the drivers down the order one lap and a clear track to go as fast as they possibly can?
Not a fan of one shot showdown at all. It didn't work for F1, it wouldn't work for BTCC. Who wants to see one car going around doing a lap at a time? No one! If they were to spice up the qualifying for BTCC, adopt an F1 style knock-out session.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2631347)   #749
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Not a fan of one shot showdown at all. It didn't work for F1, it wouldn't work for BTCC. Who wants to see one car going around doing a lap at a time? No one! If they were to spice up the qualifying for BTCC, adopt an F1 style knock-out session.
On the current BTCC format with 3 races and reverse grids etc..., qualifying is not as important as it is in F1 and for that reason I think there's less need to fiddle with it. What is lacking a bit is the Saturday. If you show up at a BTCC event, there's not enough racing on the Saturday and I think it might make more sense to have one or two races on the Saturday afternoon and 2 races on the Sunday afternoon. That would obviate the need for a continuous TV programme that started at 11am and finished at almost 6pm on the one day... instead it could be split into two short TV transmissions - on Saturday and Sunday. It would also mean that on track spectators could see one day at the circuit and one on TV. Just an idea.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2631490)   #750
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wouldn't that mean having the TV crew there for two days rather than one. It would have advantages, especially if it meant that live ITV1 coverage could come back ...