Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Jan 2021, 10:32 (Ref:4026680)   #201
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Happy New Year Louis. I'm going to give you a race at Zandvoort.
Happy New Year Iain and depending on the calendar, I'll bring it to a race so you can sample it
Old 4 Jan 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4026688)   #202
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
Happy New Year Iain and depending on the calendar, I'll bring it to a race so you can sample it
Old 21 Jan 2021, 09:11 (Ref:4030398)   #203
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wrong link, posted.

First item might make you smile. It did me!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wSXnFbGsctc94eEL7

Last edited by bauble; 21 Jan 2021 at 09:16.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 11:12 (Ref:4031261)   #204
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We've still got snow outside so I did a ride on the smart trainer this morning - the 2020 Giro d'Italia Stage 21, an individual time trial. I averaged 240 Watts, which is good for me. It took me over 26 minutes. Filippo Ganna did it in 17:16. Apparently he can push out 500 Watts over that period...
Old 26 Jan 2021, 12:52 (Ref:4031275)   #205
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
We've still got snow outside so I did a ride on the smart trainer this morning - the 2020 Giro d'Italia Stage 21, an individual time trial. I averaged 240 Watts, which is good for me. It took me over 26 minutes. Filippo Ganna did it in 17:16. Apparently he can push out 500 Watts over that period...
I would like a go at that.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 13:15 (Ref:4031281)   #206
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes it is too bloomin cold and wet for outdoor cycling at the moment.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 15:08 (Ref:4031301)   #207
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Quote:
I would like a go at that.
Bring your shoes round (when you're allowed) and you can.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4031334)   #208
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes it is too bloomin cold and wet for outdoor cycling at the moment.
Namby Pamby.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 19:34 (Ref:4031348)   #209
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I stuck my turbo trainer in front of my laptop the other day and had a virtual ride in the Spanish mountains. Made a change from looking at the blank wall.

I've got to look for a new bike. My racer is a "semi-compact" so quite short in the top tube with a low bar height. Apparently my "head up" posture is causing havoc with the nerves in my neck and could be the cause of a few medical issues. I have to ride head up so I can see where I'm going....... peering over my glasses at top speed doesn't fill me full if confidence!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 26 Jan 2021, 19:36 (Ref:4031349)   #210
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
240 watts average is good. I'm struggling to get 180 over 45 minutes. I have just managed to hit 500 watts for about 17 seconds, never mind 17 minutes.

Old 26 Jan 2021, 20:19 (Ref:4031363)   #211
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well in the absence of spin classes whilst locked down i have agreed to “store” my sister in law’s Concept 2 rowing machine - 20 min every second day is knackering but i am improving. Slowly.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 21:13 (Ref:4031370)   #212
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Namby Pamby.
I resemble that remark! 😁
Old 26 Jan 2021, 21:31 (Ref:4031372)   #213
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Well in the absence of spin classes whilst locked down i have agreed to “store” my sister in law’s Concept 2 rowing machine - 20 min every second day is knackering but i am improving. Slowly.
I hate those infernal machines Andy. Far too much like hard work.

Old 26 Jan 2021, 23:53 (Ref:4031387)   #214
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

#Metoo - all of them!
Old 27 Jan 2021, 07:54 (Ref:4031417)   #215
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

I didn’t say I enjoyed it MM! But with Christmas and lockdown boredom eating to overcome, and sitting in front of a computer all day, it’s a necessary evil. But agree, 20 mins on the rowing machine is harder work than a 40 min spin class (which I can’t do whilst gyms are shut anyway).
I would much rather drink red wine and eat cake!
Old 27 Jan 2021, 09:43 (Ref:4031434)   #216
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I would much rather drink red wine and eat cake!
You're welcome to!
Old 27 Jan 2021, 09:51 (Ref:4031437)   #217
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You're welcome to!
Doing “dry January” at the moment, just to torture myself some more!

And I don’t drink on “school nights” so, because the 1st of Feb is a Monday, I am going to have to wait an extra 5 days!
Old 27 Jan 2021, 11:39 (Ref:4031462)   #218
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Doing “dry January” at the moment, just to torture myself some more!

And I don’t drink on “school nights” so, because the 1st of Feb is a Monday, I am going to have to wait an extra 5 days!
If I may offer a gleam of hope - are not the schools all closed?
Old 27 Jan 2021, 12:37 (Ref:4031474)   #219
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Very good point, where is the gin?
Old 27 Jan 2021, 12:43 (Ref:4031476)   #220
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Indeed they're not! Driving round the local towns at chucking out time is still quite busy.

Old 5 Feb 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4033554)   #221
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Here's a video for Louis...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7gdWgjNgA
Old 30 Mar 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4043931)   #222
Alan Morgan
Veteran

First ride out today in warm weather attire. Probably the same tomorrow but the bib tights will probably be needed by the weekend...

Big demand for cheese on toast at the Milk Churn in Rudgwick by fellow cyclists.
Old 7 Apr 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4044997)   #223
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
This time last week I had a lovely bike ride home. Over 20 degrees. Today. " I took the car "
Old 11 Apr 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4045519)   #224
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I had to turn down the offer of a bike ride with Alan Morgan today. Need to change starter on the Crafter. I did bike in to work on this lovely morning, I have never seen so many cyclist at 8 am on a Sunday.Only got overtaken once so happy days.
Old 12 Apr 2021, 07:01 (Ref:4045653)   #225
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
This lockdown has not been kind to me, the twisted knee in November didn't help but I've had a frozen shoulder for about 5 weeks! Also cycling on my own starts to get tedious so looking for a local group to join. But of course they've all been closed until today. Anyway, a steroid injection in the shoulder is easing things and gyms open today so at least treadmills and static bikes are back on the menu. Got to get fit for 20th April