Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Jan 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4029825)   #201
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Interesting design in the floor area. Im interested in seeing this car perform. I wonder how bop will come into play as well. The difference between this new car and the grandfathered "Alpine" Oreca.
It will be interesting. I have a fear though, that the french would go towards Alpine to win LM this year...it would be a shame honestly..

What is a vast and unique difference is, that in the same class there will be racecars having not the same width?? That is grotesque, for g.ds sake!
Old 18 Jan 2021, 21:04 (Ref:4029932)   #202
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
There was 1900mm ORECAs racing 2000mm everything else in LMP2 for two seasons.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 23:03 (Ref:4029944)   #203
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes it’s a disgrace that in the race’s 98 year history, cars of different proportions will be competing at Le Mans for the first time.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 13:40 (Ref:4030650)   #204
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gorgeous in white
Attached Thumbnails
gr010.jpg  
Old 22 Jan 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4030665)   #205
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Makes me wonder if the color scheme in the promo/test video was a place holder or that'll be the actual race color scheme. Number plate was def. a place holder, seeing in the ACO graphic they switched to the Gazoo Racing font (just like Audi did with their font after 2008).
Old 22 Jan 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4030666)   #206
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd approve of anything but red, white and black.....

I'd like something like this....
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota-1992-TS-010-n33-Le-Mans.jpg  
Old 22 Jan 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4030723)   #207
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When i watched that WEC entrants preview weren't all the cars displayed in a plain white livery?

Looking forward to internet meltdowns when Porsche and Audi display their inevitable red white and black liveries!
Old 22 Jan 2021, 20:48 (Ref:4030752)   #208
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I'll buy some blue tinted specs Ker, then when I watch them, the red will be purple.....
Old 25 Jan 2021, 08:47 (Ref:4031065)   #209
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
Porsche and Audi!
errrr...
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:09 (Ref:4031073)   #210
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
There was 1900mm ORECAs racing 2000mm everything else in LMP2 for two seasons.
Even if it happened already, it was not at the top class at LM.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 13:59 (Ref:4034483)   #211
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://twitter.com/TGR_WEC/status/1...426318848?s=19
Old 10 Feb 2021, 16:56 (Ref:4034524)   #212
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Cool! Would love to see a few more of these shots from different angles for comparison purposes. I can't tell proportions all that well. Cabin looks bigger on new car for sure.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4034531)   #213
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Cool! Would love to see a few more of these shots from different angles for comparison purposes. I can't tell proportions all that well. Cabin looks bigger on new car for sure.
It is definitely a little wider (the cabin). The car itself looks bigger thats for sure. But imo, not too much bigger.

Last edited by TF110; 10 Feb 2021 at 17:17.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4034561)   #214
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Couple more here

https://twitter.com/TGR_WEC/status/1...312123904?s=19

https://twitter.com/TGR_WEC/status/1...771418624?s=19
Old 12 Feb 2021, 00:50 (Ref:4034742)   #215
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And more!

https://twitter.com/TGR_WEC/status/1...233109506?s=19
Old 12 Feb 2021, 06:01 (Ref:4034759)   #216
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Interesting design in the floor area. Im interested in seeing this car perform. I wonder how bop will come into play as well. The difference between this new car and the grandfathered "Alpine" Oreca.
I am very interested too. It remains a question, whether we can see the true potential of this car at all. Yes, Alpine LMP1 will be capable to do faster laptimes than GR010 at Le Mans, so there is a chance that Toyota has to go flat out and will not be Bop-ed. in 2022 they will be held back definitely because of LMDh.

Alpine is meant to win LM in my opinion, but I also hope, that at least somebody at ACO wants a maiden LMH to win the race..
Old 12 Feb 2021, 06:05 (Ref:4034760)   #217
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
A big issue is aero that meets race rules. Road solutions aren't always race legal.

..and also as a racing team, you must make full use of the regulations that allow you to fit as much wings, plates as possible. The engineers would have to be fools not taking advantage of the allowed design freedom.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4034828)   #218
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post

Alpine is meant to win LM in my opinion, but I also hope, that at least somebody at ACO wants a maiden LMH to win the race..
If that be the case, I'm just disappointed that Rebellion aren't still there to win with it.....
Old 12 Feb 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4034849)   #219
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
If that be the case, I'm just disappointed that Rebellion aren't still there to win with it.....
My favorite Le Mans 24 in the past decade for prototypes was 2017. That year it was real hot and the LMP1 cars had fragility issues. If its a hot June, and Toyota has their first race with the LMH...who knows if this could be a wacky race this year. Hope so. I miss seeing some fragility in the prototypes at endurance races.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4034853)   #220
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes, Alpine LMP1 will be capable to do faster laptimes than GR010 at Le Mans,
In 2020-form sure, but obviously it is going toget a hefty ballast and a cut in power. I don't think exact numbers are published yet.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 21:32 (Ref:4046321)   #221
Mike E
Veteran

https://youtu.be/O3xnTAKs9uY
Old 16 Apr 2021, 23:49 (Ref:4046332)   #222
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I am very interested too. It remains a question, whether we can see the true potential of this car at all. Yes, Alpine LMP1 will be capable to do faster laptimes than GR010 at Le Mans, so there is a chance that Toyota has to go flat out and will not be Bop-ed. in 2022 they will be held back definitely because of LMDh.

What is going to happen is that the ACO will try and balance it. They may or may not get it right. Then there will be a race and someone will win. Only one car can win.

Then people won’t be able to cope. They will miss all the interesting, entertaining things that happen in the race. The trials and tribulations of every crew fighting for the win. And simply the ACO will have chosen the old car because they want the French car to win or they will have chosen the new car because they need to show it is the future. Feel free to copy the relevant part of that last sentence.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 14:09 (Ref:4046721)   #223
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
In the 4 days since that video was posted it has had over 78,000 views! I think that is pretty good for a video about tires on a car that hasn't raced yet!
Old 19 Apr 2021, 21:27 (Ref:4046807)   #224
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I didnt like the look of the car too much when it was first revealed, but its growing on me. Defintely a better livery on it than the TS050's.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 23:25 (Ref:4046819)   #225
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks pretty good