Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Feb 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4034795)   #151
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Put a face mask on him you wont notice the broken teeth.
Glad it turned out to be nothing too serious.
Apparently he dropped the bike under heavy braking to avoid another vehicle.
As long as it does not affect his ability to make radio messages like "GP2 engine" without difficulty.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 11:53 (Ref:4034798)   #152
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
You don’t think a broken jaw is a head injury? Mental.
Medically - no, a broken jaw is not a head injury. A broken jaw is an injury to the mandible, not the main skull.

I'm sure you understand what S Griffin is getting at - the ongoing concern is if there is a trauma to the skull or brain (head injury) which will prevent him from racing.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4034799)   #153
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Medically - no, a broken jaw is not a head injury. A broken jaw is an injury to the mandible, not the main skull.

I'm sure you understand what S Griffin is getting at - the ongoing concern is if there is a trauma to the skull or brain (head injury) which will prevent him from racing.
Sorry, I’m sure you’re right. I should just learn not to read some people’s posts and stick to those who add value to the discussion at least some of the time.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4034818)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, you don't have to read anyone's posts, I suppose but a moment's thought before seeking to ridicule might not do any harm....
Old 12 Feb 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4034835)   #155
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, you don't have to read anyone's posts, I suppose but a moment's thought before seeking to ridicule might not do any harm....
Yeah, you’re right. Sorry S Griffin, what I wrote before reads much harsher than I intended it to.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4034838)   #156
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wish Alonso a speedy recovery.

I think the topic of drivers being contractually prevented from participating in overly risky actives has come up from time to time. I wonder if/when things like riding bicycles and/or motorcycles will be listed (even if for training). Especially in situations in which driver contracts are large and their anticipated performance to be significant factor in success/failure of the team over the course of a season.

I know that this might be fighting words for those who ride on a regular basis. But it seems to me that you might be safer racing in F1 than riding a road bike in traffic!

(Note, I say this as someone who is about to restore and ride an old Honda CT90 for road use! )

Richard
Old 12 Feb 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4034862)   #157
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso has had surgery for his fractured jaw, so let's hope for a speedy recovery.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...paign=widget-1
Old 13 Feb 2021, 00:11 (Ref:4034906)   #158
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Be a shame for him if he misses the start of the season, but even so, he shouldn’t be out for too long.

At the end of the day you can’t wrap people in cotton wool. He could just as easily got the injury at home. Kubica got criticism for injuring himself in rallying, yet almost a year later he made things worse by slipping on ice at home!
Old 13 Feb 2021, 02:39 (Ref:4034914)   #159
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
talk about bad luck and im happy to hear its not as serious as other past off season accidents wo if ever there was a time to make a Webber to Renault joke then the time is now!
Old 13 Feb 2021, 10:55 (Ref:4034941)   #160
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Considering Webber himself had a off season cycle accident, it would be ironic...
Old 13 Feb 2021, 13:40 (Ref:4034951)   #161
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He could just as easily got the injury at home.
Can I just point out how ridiculous that statement is? Or maybe its just perfectly crafted to be accurate, but yet pointless. Yes, I guess he could have created a similar injury at home. Throw his head at the edge of a solid object or something. But is the level of risk the same? Hardly!

Richard
Old 13 Feb 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4034954)   #162
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And yet....https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/home-and.../introduction/
Old 13 Feb 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4034955)   #163
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Seriously? Lets see the statistics on a "per hour spent on activity" basis. So yes, we all spend an huge amount of time in our houses. And yes there is a multitude of ways to injure yourself and die in your own home. But if you are saying that sitting on my couch in front of the TV for 10 hours is just as dangerous as riding a bicycle or motorcycle on public roads with other traffic for the same length of time is equally dangerous (same amount of risk to health).

This is an equivalency fallacy. And it also is very closely to the well worn logic that we occasionally see here in that... Racing is dangerous, therefore no need to advocate for or improve safety.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 13 Feb 2021 at 14:45.
Old 13 Feb 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4034957)   #164
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's pretty much a well known fact in various industries. It is because when we are at home, we don't assess risks like we do outside. There are many resources that will confirm it. The most dangerous place is home.
Old 13 Feb 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4034967)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's pretty much a well known fact in various industries. It is because when we are at home, we don't assess risks like we do outside. There are many resources that will confirm it. The most dangerous place is home.
Especially a home with two mad cats.
Old 13 Feb 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4034977)   #166
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Especially a home with two mad cats.
Might as ride on A12 going the wrong way on a firey unicycle while juggling with knives.

Although I see that isn't listed in the links above so must be safe.
Old 8 Sep 2021, 07:02 (Ref:4072573)   #167
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Nice interview with Alonso here, in case anyone has missed it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/58457766
Old 16 Sep 2021, 01:18 (Ref:4074158)   #168
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Nige comes with his own halo, don't need one on the car.
I've never read through this thread before until today.
I thought this was classically hilarious.

I've always like Nige, one of the bravest and best over-takers of all.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 12:17 (Ref:4074203)   #169
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the interview, Steve. He's his own man if nothing else and has become somehow mellower whilst retaining his deep-seated hunger. I would love to see that Alpine challenge for the title next year. Wouldn't it be fascinating to see if he could still take a title? A bit like if Schumacher had been at Mercedes long enough to make that work? (Yes, I know Rosberg would have had the edge, and possibly legs on him, but it would have been nice to see the opportunity).
Old 16 Sep 2021, 23:49 (Ref:4074286)   #170
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Nice interview with Alonso here, in case anyone has missed it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/58457766
Thanks Steve.
A very human Fernando.
Not the robotic-like person he was characterized as back in '2006.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 17:57 (Ref:4094419)   #171
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not to be outdone, Prost has decided to leave F1 before Hamilton and is going to make sure everyone knows it was his idea to leave first!

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...pect-news-leak
Old 19 Jan 2022, 18:18 (Ref:4094421)   #172
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
not to be outdone, Prost has decided to leave F1 before Hamilton and is going to make sure everyone knows it was his idea to leave first!

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...pect-news-leak
I have been following this story a bit recent. Prost really is clearly not happy with Rossi at Alpine!

Richard
Old 19 Jan 2022, 18:51 (Ref:4094429)   #173
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
right! seems to be a lot of underlying acrimony going on here?
Old 19 Jan 2022, 19:33 (Ref:4094441)   #174
S griffin
Veteran

You can always take Prost’s word, so it seems Alpine handled this badly
Old 19 Jan 2022, 21:50 (Ref:4094460)   #175
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I have been following this story a bit recent. Prost really is clearly not happy with Rossi at Alpine!

Richard
Ah, the French being French again!