Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Feb 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4035117)   #421
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
So, deciphering the two videos posted, it seems that:

A friend of Storey has agreed a deal to become a (majority) shareholder in a team.
Rich Energy will be a partner of that shareholder's business.
Rich Energy will become title sponsor of same team in 2022.

(I think)
I think the biggest news here is that apparently there are people who may self identify as a "friend" of Storey!?

Seriously, I have not seen these videos. It sounds like details are lacking. Is this just a way to keep the "back in F1" story going in 2021? With it all effectively being... wait for the really big announcement in 2022?

Richard
Old 14 Feb 2021, 17:20 (Ref:4035118)   #422
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
So, deciphering the two videos posted, it seems that:

A friend of Storey has agreed a deal to become a (majority) shareholder in a team.
Rich Energy will be a partner of that shareholder's business.
Rich Energy will become title sponsor of same team in 2022.

(I think)
Alleged to be Alfa (Sauber) perhaps the hedge fund that bought it want's out?
Old 14 Feb 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4035119)   #423
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I think the biggest news here is that apparently there are people who may self identify as a "friend" of Storey!?

Seriously, I have not seen these videos. It sounds like details are lacking. Is this just a way to keep the "back in F1" story going in 2021? With it all effectively being... wait for the really big announcement in 2022?

Richard
Strangely, I get the impression they may have learned some lessons from last time.
Part of what Storey says does come across as a bit of a 'dig', but it also seems a bit reserved. He seems to be trying to balance hype with restraint, to avoid any legal battles possibly.
If they didn't have their previous F1 history, and we judged them on this iteration alone alongside their other motorsport activities, then maybe they can genuinely be a positive presence.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4035120)   #424
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Alleged to be Alfa (Sauber) perhaps the hedge fund that bought it want's out?
Alfa(Sauber) seems the logical team if there is accuracy in what was said.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4035121)   #425
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
On Instagram they have posted a photo of an F1 style paddock hospitality unit called the Rich Centre..
is that not their bsb unit?
Old 14 Feb 2021, 17:38 (Ref:4035122)   #426
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just watched the two videos. No substance.

I wonder if this F1 team purchase is along the same lines of his "purchase" of the Sunderland Football Club. In that an offer may have been made by him, and some other backer(s) who supposedly brought money, toward a property that was for sale, but he/they were never really in the running. In the end, it didn't stop him from making noise about it and keeping his name in the news.

Richard
Old 14 Feb 2021, 21:59 (Ref:4035149)   #427
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you can catch a whiff of this through the supposed sequence of events.
Rich Energy will be announced as a minor sponsor for Team X
Then, it will be announced that the majority shareholding in Team X will be sold for the '22 season and Rich Energy will take over as naming rights sponsor.

Not usually the way round those sort of announcements happen....
Old 26 Feb 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4037162)   #428
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am getting an increasing feeling that Rich Energy... in a bizarre twist... will be back with the HAAS team under new owners in 2021.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4037168)   #429
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I am still mystified, like most people, at what Rich Energy’s motives are. There seems to be no clear intention, other than trying to boost their own ego. I would really be surprised if they came back with Haas, surely they are not gonna fall for those Rich Energy chancers twice?
Old 26 Feb 2021, 17:12 (Ref:4037174)   #430
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
I am getting an increasing feeling that Rich Energy... in a bizarre twist... will be back with the HAAS team under new owners in 2021.
My son gave me that same theory this morning. So clearly that is circulating around. I think the theory he heard was that Mazepin was to buy Haas and that Rich Energy and Mazepin are in bed together.

I guess never say never. It would basically create some evil concoction by combining much of what is wrong with F1 into a single team (not saying Haas, but Mazepin and Storey)

I tend to think that the Rich Energy "back in F1" is Storey is trying to be part of a team purchase in a similar way to him buying Sunderland Football Club. In that probably sent someone an offer to buy it (he may have even been serious). They look at who it was and tossed it in the trash. Then Storey talked about how he was a legitimate suiter for months to get free press.

Richard
Old 26 Feb 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4037192)   #431
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I am still mystified, like most people, at what Rich Energy’s motives are. There seems to be no clear intention, other than trying to boost their own ego.
I think the answer is fairly clear - why does any company want to sponsor (or be involved with) an F1 team?

A quick query - what do you think Jim Ratcliffe's motives are?
Old 26 Feb 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4037200)   #432
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
William Storey
@richenergyceo
·
5h
I'm looking forward to owning an F1 team. Not long to wait. The infrastructure we have around British superbikes & world superbikes is already second to none. Powering premium with Rich Energy OMG Racing
#RichEnergy #British #EnergyDrink #F1 #Motorsport #Entrepreneur
Old 26 Feb 2021, 22:04 (Ref:4037231)   #433
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lord save us.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 06:19 (Ref:4037243)   #434
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Lord save us.
If you look at his personal twitter account. He seems to do nothing but rail against covid19 restrictions, tweet or retweet at best misinformation and at worst conspiracy theories regarding covid19 vaccinations and lastly about how he will own an F1 team someday.

Richard

Last edited by Richard Casto; 27 Feb 2021 at 06:25.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 10:26 (Ref:4037265)   #435
Derwent
Rookie

Derwent has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Rich Energy is some sort of energy drink but does anyone drink it in order to generate Red Bull type revenue? Where is this guy's money coming from?