Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 21 Feb 2021, 23:13 (Ref:4036244)   #121
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nascar and Brad Kesolowski can go to hell. Complete shitshow.
Old 21 Feb 2021, 23:22 (Ref:4036246)   #122
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Christopher Bell, great job! (Even better that he snatched the win away from Logano.)

Good race, really enjoyed it.

When was the last time we had two first-time winners in a row?

Edit - I'll just answer myself: the last time was in 2019, when Alex Bowman won at Chicago followed by Justin Haley winning at Daytona.

Last edited by rustyfan; 21 Feb 2021 at 23:40.
Old 22 Feb 2021, 00:33 (Ref:4036251)   #123
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Stupid cautions - a few drops of rain, I was watching Truex on board and it didn't slow him at all that I could tell. Then we had the Kyle wreck and Chase all over the show and no cautions - totally lacking consistency.

Quite a few guys blew it by pitting that last time, Slogano had the right idea I think, though Bell really had the pedal to the metal. Made up for that dumb wreck he caused early in the 500.

Doesn't look like anyone has a particular advantage at this point of the season, early days mind!
Old 22 Feb 2021, 06:59 (Ref:4036258)   #124
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Stupid cautions - a few drops of rain, I was watching Truex on board and it didn't slow him at all that I could tell.
Yeah I was surprised they threw the caution, but I think they expected more rain to fall and also didn't trust their drivers to slow down enough to make it to the pits on their own
Old 22 Feb 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4036275)   #125
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Sometimes they will find a supposed good reason to throw a caution. I guess too they thought more rain to fall, but it was a tight call and does make you wonder at times if they throw a caution more to keep the action close
Old Yesterday, 03:03 (Ref:4036364)   #126
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Chip Ganassi has been fined and ejected from the next race for violating NASCAR's Covid-19 protocols.
Old Yesterday, 07:49 (Ref:4036373)   #127
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Chip Ganassi has been fined and ejected from the next race for violating NASCAR's Covid-19 protocols.
If Chip did his violating mid race would they throw a caution? And send the track blowers after him?

Rules are rules I suppose
Old Yesterday, 17:29 (Ref:4036468)   #128
WyldStallion
Racer

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://racer.com/2021/02/23/opinion...ourse-fatigue/

Interesting read, but rather than road racing fatigue its more like "Nascar don't know what the dog gone heck they are doing" fatigue. Between excessive caution flags and the continued use of stages.

Also any winning driver can finish 30th in every race until the "playoffs" now. What motivation is that? Im surprised some drivers have not taken weeks off for the heck of it after they get a win and are assured of a top 30 in points position.

Miss Winston Cup so much. I don't watch the races at all by the way. I just read about the dumpster fire that happens week to week. At least for now until the Sebring 12 hours comes our way.