Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jul 2022, 07:17 (Ref:4120004)   #701
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can anyone seriously trust anything that comes out of Mr Storey's mouth or wherever his words come out of? It seems whatever he says, you need to check another source to see whether it's correct. Even if he told us the sky was blue, you'd need to double check with someone else!
Old 21 Jul 2022, 14:01 (Ref:4120037)   #702
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh dear, getting messy....

*Mods - I note that the discussion has moved away from F1 now. Should this be a Parc Ferme?
Attached Thumbnails
20220721_145922.jpg  
Old 21 Jul 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4120040)   #703
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Will the real "Rich Energy" please stand up!

Richard
Old 21 Jul 2022, 14:28 (Ref:4120041)   #704
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lets keep this on F1 topic...

https://twitter.com/richenergyceo/st...Cwscac4YErAAAA

Williams Storey talking about his F1 driving skills. Maybe we can see him in FP1 at the French GP for Alpine?

Richard
Old 21 Jul 2022, 14:48 (Ref:4120043)   #705
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hahaha dude’s got stories!
Old 21 Jul 2022, 19:25 (Ref:4120071)   #706
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Lets keep this on F1 topic...

https://twitter.com/richenergyceo/st...Cwscac4YErAAAA

Williams Storey talking about his F1 driving skills. Maybe we can see him in FP1 at the French GP for Alpine?

Richard
Old 22 Jul 2022, 09:12 (Ref:4120117)   #707
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Hahaha dude’s got stories!
Replace 'stories' with 'fairytales' and that's more accurate
Old 22 Jul 2022, 10:25 (Ref:4120123)   #708
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And replace dude with…
Old 24 Jul 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4120378)   #709
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Do Rich Energy actually have a product to sell? If not why do they sponsor, or reputedly sponsor, so many areas of motorsport?
Old 24 Jul 2022, 16:56 (Ref:4120380)   #710
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Do Rich Energy actually have a product to sell? If not why do they sponsor, or reputedly sponsor, so many areas of motorsport?
Yes, they sell a drink that (despite claims) is readily available for purchase via mail order and in some retail outlets.
Old 24 Jul 2022, 17:49 (Ref:4120386)   #711
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post

Their energy drink can be bought on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rich-Energy...01911381&psc=1
Old 24 Jul 2022, 23:41 (Ref:4120421)   #712
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Their energy drink can be bought on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rich-Energy...01911381&psc=1
Only UK Amazon (which shows it as "unavailable"). I can find no way to buy it in the US today short of shipping from Europe. I think it was more readily available a few years ago than today. The main website is up, but says "under construction". The US distributor site exists, but has no ability to purchase. The US distributor Facebook page has broken links for purchasing from Walmart (Walmart doesn't carry it anymore). This is pretty similar to the last time I posted on this issue which was a number of months back. Distribution and availability is going backwards IMHO. Given they are sponsoring UK series, I am supposing they have shrunk their target market back to the UK. No doubt they would never admit as much, but that is what the evidence shows.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 24 Jul 2022 at 23:50.
Old 24 Jul 2022, 23:52 (Ref:4120422)   #713
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes, they sell a drink that (despite claims) is readily available for purchase via mail order and in some retail outlets.
So my comments above are about my experience in the US. Where can you find it online or in stores in the UK or Europe?

Richard
Old 25 Jul 2022, 05:30 (Ref:4120431)   #714
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
So my comments above are about my experience in the US. Where can you find it online or in stores in the UK or Europe?

Richard
It might be your location.

The following link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rich-Energy-Case-of-24/dp/B08FF8XCJR - shows as available for delivery in the UK by the 28th July.
Old 25 Jul 2022, 08:21 (Ref:4120435)   #715
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

The following link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rich-Energy.../dp/B08FF8XCJR - shows as available for delivery in the UK by the 28th July.

And sold by Rich OMG, and latest is only 5 cases of 6 left at £5 per can.
Old 25 Jul 2022, 08:43 (Ref:4120437)   #716
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Only UK Amazon (which shows it as "unavailable"). I can find no way to buy it in the US today short of shipping from Europe. I think it was more readily available a few years ago than today. The main website is up, but says "under construction". The US distributor site exists, but has no ability to purchase. The US distributor Facebook page has broken links for purchasing from Walmart (Walmart doesn't carry it anymore). This is pretty similar to the last time I posted on this issue which was a number of months back. Distribution and availability is going backwards IMHO. Given they are sponsoring UK series, I am supposing they have shrunk their target market back to the UK. No doubt they would never admit as much, but that is what the evidence shows.

Richard

It doesn't say unavailable, it says: Only 5 left in stock.
Old 25 Jul 2022, 08:53 (Ref:4120438)   #717
S griffin
Veteran

That's probably down to low demand, rather than people buying them all
Old 25 Jul 2022, 11:35 (Ref:4120452)   #718
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
All very odd. Why spend money on promoting, via sponsorship, something that is not available. We assume that over the years some of the teams etc actually got some of the money.
Given the links to the teams in terms of selling, the words Southern Organs come to mind.
Old 25 Jul 2022, 12:46 (Ref:4120462)   #719
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
My bad. You are right. It was showing "Currently unavailable" due to my geo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
And sold by Rich OMG, and latest is only 5 cases of 6 left at £5 per can.
It is interesting that it is sold by Rich OMG given the post from the prior page and the press release saying Rich OMG Ltd has no distribution rights.

Richard
Old 28 Jul 2022, 16:35 (Ref:4120769)   #720
Richard C
Veteran

Interesting article. Basically it is an interview with Alan Gardner who owns OMG Racing and controls Rich OMG Ltd (maybe now just "OMG Ltd")

https://www.superbike.co.uk/article/...h-alan-gardner

The root of the drama (beyond Storey himself) is related to Rich OMG Ltd looking to buy 30% of the brand for 50M pounds. That would have been a deal with Rich Energy D.O.O based in Croatia (supposed brand owner with Storey as representative). But is hung up on getting proof of ownership of the brand/IP from either Rich Energy D.O.O and/or William Storey. Apparently the question of "who owns Rich Energy IP" is still up in the air.

I love the question regarding "What is William Storey good at?" Apparently having a big mouth and keeping the name "Rich Energy" in the news is my reading of his response.

The other part of this story is the BTC sponsorship which the article author doesn't have just yet.

Richard
Old 28 Jul 2022, 17:57 (Ref:4120776)   #721
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Interesting read - thanks.

For confirmation, attached image is from a can I purchased in 2020 - with the entities Rich D.O.O owning the copyright and Rich Energy Ltd. being the distributor clearly on the rear.

See - it is available to buy.
Attached Thumbnails
20200819_110459.jpg  
Old 28 Jul 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4120786)   #722
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Interesting read - thanks.

For confirmation, attached image is from a can I purchased in 2020 - with the entities Rich D.O.O owning the copyright and Rich Energy Ltd. being the distributor clearly on the rear.

See - it is available to buy.
I have a can that says the same and probably from the same era (meaning it's a bit old as it has the Whyte Bike logo on it vs. the new split horn logo). It is interesting that the distributor is "Rich Energy Ltg" and not "Rich OMG Ltg". As it says in the article...

Quote:
As it is the full fat cans are clearly stamped Distributed by Rich Energy Ltd, the sugar free versions say Distributed by Rich OMG Limited.
I don't know if that means they had a slew of old cans that have and (original?) distributor and the sugar free version (which is newer) list "Rich OMG Ltd" as the distributor. As article author said he was trying to talk to Steve Dudman who runs the BTC team. And he says in the article that apparently Dudman may have a similar (conflicting) distribution setup.

The recent history of the main main Rich Energy page https://www.richenergy.com/ is interesting.

Today (and when I looked a week or so ago) it shows an "under construction" link. But has a copyright at the bottom of "RICH Distribution Limited". That company listed with Stephen Dudman as it's officer. It has also been around since Dec 2021.

If you look at the "wayback machine", as recent as June 6th, the site was using email addresses for richomg.com (now defunct) and listed the address for "Rich Energy" as the same for OMG Racing.

100 Masons Road
Stratford Upon Avon, CV37 9NU

https://web.archive.org/web/20220606...ichenergy.com/

So sometime between June 6th and last week, that was yanked from (probably) Rich OMG Ltd control?? and now may be in the hands of Steve Dudman??

The article with the interview with Alan Gardner (OMG Racing) sounds like he thinks he still has a valid distribution contract. While there is clearly something else going on with Dudman.

No doubt, more to come.

Semi related... I saw an article somewhere that poked fun at the same tweet I mentioned a page or two back regarding Storey talking about how good he was when driving an F1 car!

Richard
Old 28 Jul 2022, 19:38 (Ref:4120787)   #723
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
No doubt, more to come.
Definitely - and what I think is becoming more in the public conscious is that Rich Energy and Mr Storey are not the same entity.

He is (it appear) a spokesperson and promoter of the brand, but the actual product, brand and distribution is owned elsewhere (albeit under dispute).

So - in terms of F1 - when Mr Storey tweets about being in F1 soon, that may not be the intention of the brand owners.

Perhaps it's a clever ploy? If Rich Energy appears on the side of a F1 car again, then the brand owner(s) will keep quiet. But if they fail to appear, the brand owner(s) can distance themselves from Mr Storey.......
Old 28 Jul 2022, 20:07 (Ref:4120789)   #724
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's giving big vijay mallya vibes - transferring debt, cash and liability between companies via loans with a total nutcase as cover.

guess by licensing distribution etc out they can run up debts and stuff, then take the "rights" away from the company, then it no longer has a business, nuke it, and start again.
Old 29 Jul 2022, 06:57 (Ref:4120817)   #725
S griffin
Veteran

I think it's unfair to compare VJ to Storey. He at least knew how to run a team and who to hire and didn't pretend to know it all. Just a shame he had to use some dodgy methods to get there though