Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Feb 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4035619)   #316
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
bit of a side question, but where does Honda build their F1 engines out of?
Honda's engines were built in Sakura with additional work being done at Milton Keynes.

Red Bull Powertrains is based in Milton Keynes.
Old 17 Feb 2021, 20:40 (Ref:4035625)   #317
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Honda's engines were built in Sakura with additional work being done at Milton Keynes.

Red Bull Powertrains is based in Milton Keynes.
thanks!
Old 17 Feb 2021, 23:16 (Ref:4035634)   #318
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You'd be looking just about here - note the fairly discreet Mugen signage.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 05:23 (Ref:4035645)   #319
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Honda certainly did better in recent seasons than when they initially came back to F1 with McLaren in the mid 10s. I did wonder if they were cut out to be in F1 in this day and age. And it's not really a surprise they are now leaving again, even if they have finally managed to find success. They never seemed to fit in
Old 18 Feb 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4035738)   #320
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When Yusuke Hasegawa left as head of Honda F1 at the end of 2017, he said Honda had very high expectations and that was their big mistake. They were too ambitious and were simply not ready for a return to F1 having been away for seven years.

Despite the initial move to STR and then to RB, I think Honda were constantly trying to play catch up. 7 years is a long time to be out of something like F1.

https://pressfrom.info/uk/news/sport...f1-return.html
Old 18 Feb 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4035740)   #321
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Are you sure?
IIRC Mugen had already a factory in UK before Honda's McLaren involvement in 2015.
Old 19 Feb 2021, 22:56 (Ref:4035968)   #322
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was the MK operation set up for both “Honda” and “Mugen”? I think it was that rather than take over a Mugen facility, although they were close by anyway

https://komarjohari.wordpress.com/20...poke-premises/

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...nquer-f1-again
https://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/...21/story.shtml
Old 20 Feb 2021, 02:05 (Ref:4035976)   #323
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I think that's the old factory, the new factory is across the road: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.02...7i13312!8i6656

Gosh, Milton Keynes sure is glamorous!

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 20 Feb 2021 at 02:14.
Old 20 Feb 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4036003)   #324
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I think that's the old factory, the new factory is across the road: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.02...7i13312!8i6656

Gosh, Milton Keynes sure is glamorous!
That's why I said "just about here" as there's a facility with Honda signage on both sides of the road.

I don't think RBR can move the engine stuff to where they are, unless they pay surrounding businesses to move off the estate they're in. I had a chance to visit a few years back and compared to (say) Williams or Mercedes with their tidy enclosed sites, RBR felt like a bit of a hodge podge of industrial units with a public road through the middle.

Don't get me wrong, inside it was spectacular like the others, but totally different outside.

Just remembered some staff looking at my car funny when I arrived... Turned out my front offside caliper was binding and they could see the smoke when I parked up
Old 20 Feb 2021, 10:43 (Ref:4036004)   #325
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Interesting to see that Volkswagen are considering spinning Porsche out of VAG via a possible flotation to raise funds for continued electricfication of the VAG models.

Perhaps Red Bull might buy a stake in Porsche and then bring them into F1 as either engine brand or do a 'Stroll' and have Porsche F1 Racing?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk