Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Dec 2020, 07:58 (Ref:4025979)   #61
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloxsidgemotorsport View Post
what unique safety issues are present with BEV's when they crash? This is something never talked about yet.
Formula E would have those answers I guess but apart from that I wouldn't have a clue.

I have been racing and rallying for about 50 years and the idea of no oily bits to worry about and fix might make me return to the track. I simply got tired of pouring money into the parts of the car that will get replaced with an electric motor. The whole idea sounds like motor racing nirvana to me. On the other hand I certainly am aware that the fans don't like it at all but tracks like Amaroo and OP might have had a longer life if noise was not an issue and the fans were not impressed when they closed down largely because of noise but OP was always doomed for redevelopment anyway. Wakefield Park for all its isolation can still be heard in Goulburn with the right weather conditions and is not flavour of the month with some people who live nearby so I am told. Marulan always had a major issues with noise but most of that would go away with electric vehicles.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 14:15 (Ref:4026070)   #62
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The ICE is the least of the problems, the platform of the large 4 door sedan is just about an extinct species and that is where the problem is. The 2 door American style coupe is most probably not far behind it as the domestic market is turning to the SUV and "trucks"/pickup/utes style of vehicle. Let's say that the Mustang/Camaro last another 6 years in production, that is only four years short of the predicted ban on NEW ICE cars being banned in the market place in some markets so it would seem to be fairly predictable that all new models into the 2030 break point will be entering the market earlier than that and no new platforms that were traditionally used will appear from the late 2020's. I am not talking about the ICE motor only the platform but of course the power train will be changed from those models as well.
Well in the Argentinian Turismo Carretera championship they still race with cars that are loosely based on cars from the late 70s. It's the most popular racing series in Argentina.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 01:38 (Ref:4026188)   #63
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Well in the Argentinian Turismo Carretera championship they still race with cars that are loosely based on cars from the late 70s. It's the most popular racing series in Argentina.
Why not, sounds as good as any other idea but here the series has always been based on the latest cars and to do anything else radically changes the fan demographic. Perhaps bring back the Ford GTHO and the XU-1? Bathurst of the 1970's in the 2020's perhaps.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 06:03 (Ref:4026204)   #64
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
I could quote every one of Casper's posts, and the answer is "2 litre cars". Even the bit about open wheelers, when S5000 is not as big a deal down the track when the realities of racing set in.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 23:00 (Ref:4026847)   #65
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
the answer is "2 litre cars"..
2 litres is merely a capacity. 4 cyl? 6, 12, turbo? DOCH, flat crank, injection or Hybrid? Haven't even considered rev limit. And in what? Truck, go cart...?

You may as well just say 'cars is the answer'. But I'm guessing you have a particular favourite in mind.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 12:53 (Ref:4027643)   #66
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
2 litres is merely a capacity. 4 cyl? 6, 12, turbo? DOCH, flat crank, injection or Hybrid? Haven't even considered rev limit. And in what? Truck, go cart...?

You may as well just say 'cars is the answer'. But I'm guessing you have a particular favourite in mind.
Specific detail of regs are tailored to the economy and culture of the particular racing scene in the relevant country.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4027925)   #67
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
I could quote every one of Casper's posts, and the answer is "2 litre cars". Even the bit about open wheelers, when S5000 is not as big a deal down the track when the realities of racing set in.
Go for it, that should give you something to do for no return, at least from me.