Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Feb 2021, 04:29 (Ref:4037046)   #51
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Natsoft working all day for me,

Barry is showing a new side
Old 26 Feb 2021, 05:58 (Ref:4037050)   #52
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post

Barry is showing a new side
Wonder how long that will last? Especially off camera.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4037064)   #53
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
the times they are a chaaaaaanging

I was a child in the 70s.
I bled blue. My bedroom wall was a shrine to a certain bespectacled Canadian gent. I cried when a certain Pee Brock won a race, especially on the Holy Mountain.... yeh i cried a lot.
My user name speaks to the greatest day of my childhood
As a teen my allegiance shifted easily to some Dick and a bloke called Bobby and i had a man crush bromance with a young Glen, son of a legend.... when that beautiful blue car died only laps from the end one october I realised Im not too old to cry still. dammit I still choke up)

In the last 40 odd years i scheduled my personal and social life around the racing calendar. I missed very few races since 1975.And dont you dare schedule anything that October weekend. But I was a regular at Amaroo and Oran.
i could win Mastermind with ATCC as my subject.

Here we are 2021, Im watching todays practice sessions. I dont care who wins. I wont watch every race this year, but I would watch prams on that hill. Im trying to decide who to go for. I like the colour of the Walky cars, chaz makes me laugh. And you know, last ever year for the name holden. I might go for them. Anyway them pretend mustangs are hideous looking. Betties cars look nice too. Willy B's is not as nice as it was an hour ago

50+ years and now im going for holden in the end. Kinda sad... "this is a sign of the times...."

Last edited by bathurst77; 26 Feb 2021 at 08:24.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 11:47 (Ref:4037116)   #54
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post

In the last 40 odd years i scheduled my personal and social life around the racing calendar. I missed very few races since 1975.

Here we are 2021, Im watching todays practice sessions. I dont care who wins.

50+ years and now im going for holden in the end. Kinda sad... "this is a sign of the times...."
IM a DIE HARD BROCK HOLDEN fan and now I dont care who wins (well im partial to a so called holden) but moreso Im all about the racing and driver.

If the racing is good Im happy !!!
Old 26 Feb 2021, 22:37 (Ref:4037235)   #55
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be Wil’s shout for morning tea at Camp Erebus!
Old 27 Feb 2021, 01:19 (Ref:4037239)   #56
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Someone once said
"sports fanaticism isnt about having a team you love, its about having a team you hate"

I hated MHDT/hdt/hrt. I probably took more pleasure in them losing than my team winning. I dont hate any of them now
Old 27 Feb 2021, 04:33 (Ref:4037240)   #57
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Slade puts it on P2, yet another journeyman has a sudden reversal of form in a Mustang.

Puzzling given that his pace at Bathurst cost Scotty Mac a better result. Tickford maybe less knife edge to drive than Scotty's setup.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Feb 2021, 08:36 (Ref:4037247)   #58
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Tickford maybe less knife edge to drive than Scotty's setup.

Or maybe not
Old 27 Feb 2021, 09:51 (Ref:4037260)   #59
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yet another journeyman has a sudden reversal of form in a Mustang.
Ummm... that's been debunked. Supercars have been quite clear on this - no disparity exists between the two makes. To suggest otherwise puts the integrity of the peerless Supercars Technical Department into question.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4037304)   #60
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
OUCH On Slade...Thats a Massive hit.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 12:45 (Ref:4037305)   #61
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Someone once said
"sports fanaticism isnt about having a team you love, its about having a team you hate"

I hated MHDT/hdt/hrt. I probably took more pleasure in them losing than my team winning. I dont hate any of them now
We (MHDT/HDT/HRT) didnt lose many so you must of hated us alot hahahaha
Old 27 Feb 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4037336)   #62
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an experiment I'm subscribed to Superview here in the UK but I can't access all of Saturday's races, videos are blocked by NRL. Had hoped to watch all the races on YT.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 22:29 (Ref:4037365)   #63
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Recorded it on BT. 11 minutes of football, loads of build up, start of green flag lap, recording ended.

Seriously, it shouldn't be too hard to get the timing right. It's not like it was in SAus...
Old 27 Feb 2021, 23:03 (Ref:4037370)   #64
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was a child in the 70s.
I bled blue. My bedroom wall was a shrine to a certain bespectacled Canadian gent. I cried when a certain Pee Brock won a race, especially on the Holy Mountain.... yeh i cried a lot.
My user name speaks to the greatest day of my childhood
As a teen my allegiance shifted easily to some Dick and a bloke called Bobby and i had a man crush bromance with a young Glen, son of a legend.... when that beautiful blue car died only laps from the end one october I realised Im not too old to cry still. dammit I still choke up)

In the last 40 odd years i scheduled my personal and social life around the racing calendar. I missed very few races since 1975.And dont you dare schedule anything that October weekend. But I was a regular at Amaroo and Oran.
i could win Mastermind with ATCC as my subject.

Here we are 2021, Im watching todays practice sessions. I dont care who wins. I wont watch every race this year, but I would watch prams on that hill. Im trying to decide who to go for. I like the colour of the Walky cars, chaz makes me laugh. And you know, last ever year for the name holden. I might go for them. Anyway them pretend mustangs are hideous looking. Betties cars look nice too. Willy B's is not as nice as it was an hour ago

I could have written this. I was sort of going for Slade and Davison, at least one of them finished yesterday. I don't see much to like with SVG and for whatever reason Waters keeps finding new ways to lose a race.
Old 28 Feb 2021, 01:17 (Ref:4037377)   #65
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Not enjoying any interviews headed by Charli.

Sorry but she is terrible for mine,
Old 28 Feb 2021, 09:23 (Ref:4037402)   #66
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was on the record as not being a fan of umm Riana, but ahh Molly, who I quite like, is umm not better

Umm

Old 28 Feb 2021, 11:06 (Ref:4037414)   #67
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - why are female presenters who know absolutely nothing about motor racing forced upon us? They don't have male presenters with no clue doing interviews at the netball, so why does motor racing feel the need? Ms Crehan was bad enough, took years and even in what turned out to be her last year every interview was awkward, but these new presenters are even worse. At times they struggled to even string a sentence together. We don't need eye candy in the pits, we just want intelligent questions asked, and the ability to follow up the first answer with further intelligent and relevant questions.
Old 28 Feb 2021, 12:18 (Ref:4037423)   #68
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I was on the record as not being a fan of umm Riana, but ahh Molly, who I quite like, is umm not better

Umm

Both are hideous but Im sure a Save Riana campaign isnt going to work in this instance,
Old 28 Feb 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4037425)   #69
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Good weekend (except for Slade)

Doesnt work for me for a "sprint round" sorry
Old 28 Feb 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4037470)   #70
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - why are female presenters who know absolutely nothing about motor racing forced upon us? They don't have male presenters with no clue doing interviews at the netball, so why does motor racing feel the need? Ms Crehan was bad enough, took years and even in what turned out to be her last year every interview was awkward, but these new presenters are even worse. At times they struggled to even string a sentence together. We don't need eye candy in the pits, we just want intelligent questions asked, and the ability to follow up the first answer with further intelligent and relevant questions.
Which of the female’s knew absolutely nothing about motor racing?

One is a competitor and the other has been a self confessed fan since a kid & married to a driver
Old 28 Feb 2021, 23:27 (Ref:4037508)   #71
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quoting my wife "why do they need to have a the token female presenter in there??" and also "who the hell is that bloke??"

Honestly, glad we have the Foxtel feed and not C7, because I was ready to slit my wrists by the end of the C7 feed I watched at a mates place on Sunday.

Some of these people have the gift, others don't and the rest make you wonder...

This is why i enjoy listening to NASCAR on MRN or PRN, those blokes do such a good job telling you what is going on, when you can't watch a TV feed...
Old 1 Mar 2021, 02:37 (Ref:4037527)   #72
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Quoting my wife "why do they need to have a the token female presenter in there??" and also "who the hell is that bloke??"

Similar with my wife
Old 1 Mar 2021, 05:18 (Ref:4037533)   #73
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll take Molly and Chari over Lowndes commentary attempt in the support races.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 1 Mar 2021, 07:59 (Ref:4037539)   #74
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Which of the female’s knew absolutely nothing about motor racing?

One is a competitor and the other has been a self confessed fan since a kid & married to a driver
Yes one is a competitor, but not in circuit racing. Rallying is a totally different game.

If being a "self confessed fan since a kid and married to a driver" makes one an expert, then my partner and half the rest of the country is equally qualified to be on the commentary team. Doesn't mean they'll be any good though, as with the incumbent.

They had a reasonably good team before ( excepting Lowndes, and in my opinion Ms Crehan - another self-confessed fan and married to a driver ), dumping half of them and bringing in all these eye candy pieces and network cross-promotion stooges only reduces the quality of the coverage.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 07:59 (Ref:4037540)   #75
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
As an experiment I'm subscribed to Superview here in the UK but I can't access all of Saturday's races, videos are blocked by NRL. Had hoped to watch all the races on YT.
That's odd, i've done the same and had access to both full days running.

With ref to the main races, Whilst season openers in any racing can set the form for the year, i'm hoping that it doesn't return to 888 domination after the 3 year Penske DJR rivalry.

SVG was on another level on Sunday but I hope that we are going to see 2 separate Mustang teams and 2 Holden squads sharing the spoils with a few others getting in on the act.

Roll on Sandown!