Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jan 2021, 02:56 (Ref:4030154)   #16
bloxsidgemotorsport
Rookie

bloxsidgemotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
I remember it being more that Greg Rust did it. **** he's horrible.

Well, I don't know about obvious. Laying the boots into supercars is pretty easy that you can do it without actually doing it. After all, it's is an entertainment product using car racing as a conduit for that entertainment. As opposed to a legit car racing series.

Idk about crowing about. After all, unless it gets to a wild figure of 10+, it should just be normal.

Nope, the drivers are fine. They're of a sufficient level.

No, the cars are. People like them.

On the contrary, they can. Their presence accounted for an enormous jump in attendance at Shannons Nationals rounds. As a percentage, possibly the biggest increase for any domestic motor racing attendance ever in Australia.

Once again, Idk about "obviously". If it's inferior, then it's negligible. Supercars has a bigger commercial presence, but it's got a 22 year head start. It also is has a higher percentage of supercars fans, which is different from car racing fans.

Well, yeah. But it's like the AFL saying that AFL teams play in the AFL.

Far out imagine just worrying about TCR, instead of bagging out Supercars. Nothing you say adds any value to the conversation, just trying to bait people into arguments...
Old 20 Jan 2021, 07:50 (Ref:4030180)   #17
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Imagine having the time to quote a post, and dissect it almost down to single words. Some people need a life.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 18:34 (Ref:4030320)   #18
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Play the ball not the man...
Old 24 Jan 2021, 02:34 (Ref:4030869)   #19
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Holdsworth fastest in P1, leading an Alfa 1-4 quartet.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 04:20 (Ref:4030875)   #20
Umai Naa
Veteran

Holdsworth fastest again in P2.

The Hondas are seemingly nowhere.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 00:47 (Ref:4031021)   #21
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Play the ball not the man...
It's not a big deal. Adam's onto it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Imagine having the time to quote a post, and dissect it almost down to single words. Some people need a life.
If you read it, you'd see that ol' mate Juarez made 8 points, and I addressed them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Me?

How bad am I going when a guy who pays attention to tcr practice sessions is suggesting that I get a life?

Is watching American football on a Monday sufficient to get ratio into the positive?
Old 25 Jan 2021, 01:19 (Ref:4031023)   #22
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Speaking of Juarez and his knowledge of marketing. I'm sure he'd agree with me when watching the cross promotion in the cricket that a weakness of the promotion is that it's being referred to as "TCR Australia"?'

The name means nothing for most people at first glance. You have to push the "brand" then you have to push what it is. Most people couldn't care less about the acronym.

Whereas if it was called "2 litre touring car series" or "2 litre Car racing series", people instantly get what it is.

The 5 hour broadcast for tomorrow is another idea I'm not sure about? There'll be a lot of deadtime, and if the spectacle on track isn't what is hoped to be, it'll probably put people off.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 01:28 (Ref:4031024)   #23
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloxsidgemotorsport View Post
just trying to bait people into arguments...
Don't post in response to anything he writes. It is a pity Peckstar is no longer here, they would have an awesome debate!
Old 25 Jan 2021, 03:08 (Ref:4031035)   #24
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
NSW
bathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching the stream now
Its a good package especially with TCM
S5000, tcr, tcm, tranzam and excel silliness.
Makes for an entertaining afternoon with variety.

Supercars needs to look at its support card, need more than supercars, last years supercars, and even older supercars, and pickup trucks

Strange decision to race on a monday thats not a public holiday
Old 25 Jan 2021, 04:28 (Ref:4031051)   #25
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Don't post in response to anything he writes. It is a pity Peckstar is no longer here, they would have an awesome debate!
I Miss Peck
Old 25 Jan 2021, 04:45 (Ref:4031053)   #26
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Speaking of Juarez and his knowledge of marketing. I'm sure he'd agree with me when watching the cross promotion in the cricket that a weakness of the promotion is that it's being referred to as "TCR Australia"?'

The name means nothing for most people at first glance. You have to push the "brand" then you have to push what it is. Most people couldn't care less about the acronym.

Whereas if it was called "2 litre touring car series" or "2 litre Car racing series", people instantly get what it is.

The 5 hour broadcast for tomorrow is another idea I'm not sure about? There'll be a lot of deadtime, and if the spectacle on track isn't what is hoped to be, it'll probably put people off.
Agree about the name

I think “Supercheap Auto Touring Car Series” is something that would resonate especially as it would work well on cross promotion
Old 25 Jan 2021, 06:38 (Ref:4031056)   #27
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fun little TCR race there, but as with everything TCR related, it's now time to insert politics.

Alfa 1-2-3 (on track), meanwhile Hondas fill the last four spots.

Sure, the track suits those who are allowed to run more power, but I still think the fundamental BoP process of this formula is broken.

Not much ARG can do about that, although worth keeping an eye on STCC this season as it's trying something different.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Old 25 Jan 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4031059)   #28
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite what the forum bully thinks, I quite enjoy TCR and have attended many Super Touring events , V8 Supercars, Indy 500s, 6 Gold Coast Indys, Daytona 500s, Sebring 12 hours, Bathurst 6, 24 & 12 hours since 1991, Group C at Oran & Amaroo from 1980 -1984 and was a regular at Liverpool when the Grand Nationals raced there. I have attended more short tracks in the States than even I can remember. Used to drive to the Thunderdome on Saturdays and drive home to Sydney Sunday night. So I am a died in the wool racing fan.
I enjoy TCR and wish it well. I enjoy attending Shannons events with smaller crowds and less expense than Supercars shows as I hate traffic jams in my senior years. I love the new 5000's and love my historics.
The TCR category is fun to watch and I agree that the Hondas and Hyundais to a degree seem to have acquired anchors since I last saw them in 2019.
However at this stage just let TCR exist on their own terms without comparison. This constant argument that they are superior to Supercars and should be given the mantle as Australias premier category is just bullshit and achieves nothing. Procar went through all this 20 years ago and it didnt end well. Just enjoy it for what it is and let commercial realities take care of the rest.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 07:50 (Ref:4031060)   #29
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And no I didnt see the cross promotion during the cricket as I dont watch it.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4031072)   #30
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched it today, not to bad, commentary team, ummm , 7 gob , berreta , same as, Abbey , may read well of auto que, but out of depth here, Jess Dane , not really, .

Molly Taylor, yes she has an understanding of cars, and Greg and Mark did well.