Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Feb 2021, 03:10 (Ref:4033537)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Simona de Silvestro?
“What you’ve just written are some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent diatribe were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought, nor remotely close to the subject matter. Everyone reading this forum is now dumber for having wasted their time deciphering it.”
Old 5 Feb 2021, 05:39 (Ref:4033546)   #32
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps 888, will go with Simona's co-driver in the pussy wagon!
Old 5 Feb 2021, 05:47 (Ref:4033547)   #33
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Simona de Silvestro?
Why should a Porsche-Works Driver do the step backwards?
Old 5 Feb 2021, 06:05 (Ref:4033548)   #34
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
As much as I'd love to see Ash Sutton in Supercars, I doubt he could join the grid, especially in a team like 888. There was not a single driver in the history who came from abroad with no prior experience in Supercars and achieved success.

French Formula 3 to a Supercar and banged it on pole position.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 07:28 (Ref:4033550)   #35
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
There was not a single driver in the history who came from abroad with no prior experience in Supercars and achieved success.
How do you come from abroad with prior experience?
Old 5 Feb 2021, 09:24 (Ref:4033566)   #36
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

French Formula 3 to a Supercar and banged it on pole position.
beat me too it!

Well played.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4033576)   #37
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
How do you come from abroad with prior experience?
Perhaps Bathurst outings? Some testing? Or just early career in Oz in open-wheel racing which gives you at least track knowledge?

I mean, Ash, apart from a test for WAU (correct me if I'm wrong) has no knowledge of Supercars, Australian circuits and so on.
And let's be honest, even this is very often not enough. We remember Richie Stanaway, he was quite good in GTs overseas, had good outings in endurance races (a victory with Cam Waters), started his career down under and came to Supercars full-time and failed miserably.

The point I'm trying to make is that, at least typically, to succeed in Supercars, especially nowadays, the best route is to get some experience in Super2 and then 'graduate' to the main series. A bit like NASCAR. Very few drivers who have no 'typical route' to NASCAR Cup Series succeed in the main game. And it seems a bit the same in Supercars.

That's my impression at least, I haven't studied careers of all drivers who've recently joined Supercars but have the feeling most of them were somewhere there in Australian and Supercars motorsport world.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4033578)   #38
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having seen Ash so far, I agree that he may not step straight into a Supercar and be successful.
But he seems to have the potential to move to Supercars, gain some experience and then get results.

I wonder though, with his other financial interests, whether he'd be interested in the move?
Old 5 Feb 2021, 12:05 (Ref:4033586)   #39
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Having seen Ash so far, I agree that he may not step straight into a Supercar and be successful.
But he seems to have the potential to move to Supercars, gain some experience and then get results.

I wonder though, with his other financial interests, whether he'd be interested in the move?
I also believe in that and, as said previously, would love to see him in Supercars. But do you remember Robert Dahlgren? He was a successgul driver in Europe while in Australia he was nowhere. On the other hand, it has to be said, Ash is younger so maybe he'd adapt faster.

Out of curiosity, which financial interests you have in mind?
Old 5 Feb 2021, 12:36 (Ref:4033591)   #40
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Simona de Silvestro?
hmmm thanks but no thanks.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 22:07 (Ref:4033661)   #41
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Soooooo Feeney running 888 in Super2 with Red Bull and Boost backing....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 5 Feb 2021, 22:26 (Ref:4033663)   #42
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Mr Feeney does a good job in 2021, would be almost guaranteed that he would be taking JW seat for 2022.
Old 6 Feb 2021, 02:06 (Ref:4033682)   #43
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Simona de Silvestro is a factory Porsche driver?

Considering how cut throat and ruthless motor racing is, it's also an industry that often rewards mediocrity.
Old 6 Feb 2021, 02:15 (Ref:4033683)   #44
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah like guys who have been retired for donkeys ages getting drives and running up the front in the "next big thing" in touring car racing?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 6 Feb 2021, 02:37 (Ref:4033685)   #45
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Are you talking about Alan Jones?