Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: Will the Challenge Happen
Yes it will go ahead 4 11.11%
I dont know but I hope that it does 5 13.89%
I dont know but I dont think it will happen 9 25.00%
No it wont it dont stand a chance! 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 1 Dec 2005, 23:18 (Ref:1475216)   #1
ukracing
Racer

ukracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Challenge Series 2006

With so many people unsure or having a difference of opinon on the challenge its time for a poll so lets see what we all think on this forum!
Old 1 Dec 2005, 23:20 (Ref:1475218)   #2
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by JohnMiller; 1 Dec 2005 at 23:22. Reason: couldn't see the poll.
Old 2 Dec 2005, 06:52 (Ref:1475379)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter Wardle is the only person who can answer the question with any certainty, so I'm not sure what this poll would prove.
Old 2 Dec 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1475704)   #4
Peter Wardle
Rookie

Peter Wardle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ummm - I voted that it will go ahead
Peter.....
Old 2 Dec 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1475852)   #5
ukracing
Racer

Its not if it does, its the feeling of opinon from the fans! this is important for this championship to succeded aint it!
Old 2 Dec 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1475867)   #6
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
On the basis that Peter does not have the financial backing of a Sheikh in this venture (afaik), it does need the support of drivers and the public, so the poll has some relevance.
Old 2 Dec 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1475922)   #7
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh for crying out loud,do i get the feeling there a few on here that would love to see this new championship fail!

Just give the bloke a chance at least he's trying to provide a motorsport championship which could give the drivers an income from the sport they enjoy....but that's not good enough for some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3 Dec 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1476384)   #8
Peter Wardle
Rookie

Hi gixxer, and did you notice that I voted it will go ahead - I wonder if I know something.......?
Old 3 Dec 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1476387)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Peter let me test the car
Old 3 Dec 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1476391)   #10
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where's thechallengeuk.com gone?
Old 3 Dec 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1476399)   #11
ukracing
Racer

Its great Peter to hear that you voted for it to go ahead, and its great you know somthing thats good seeings ur looking after it. But u seriously saying to all of us you can get all your cars out and in time with a full grid for next year? These areall the questions your not answering why aint u doing that?
Old 3 Dec 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1476453)   #12
JESTER7782
Rookie

JESTER7782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the website has gone the same way as the series, down the toilet!!!!
Peter to quote a famous phrase" you are p*s#ing in the wind with the challenge initiative"
Old 3 Dec 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1476465)   #13
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't we seen this before? This is the third attempt at launching this unwanted and uneeded series. If I remember correctly, the regualtions for the previous launch were based on the 1976 'Indylantic' series, which used many of the same concepts and failed in 'dubious' circumstances. Including roumered 'financial irregularities'.
Old 3 Dec 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1476467)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So this is a rehash of an idea which failed the same man thirty years ago?
Old 3 Dec 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1476471)   #15
ukracing
Racer

Well I think the summary is of what he said at the launch, 1st/2nd/3rd time a project he has been working on for 30years! yeah i would imagen ur correct on that point.
Old 3 Dec 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1476479)   #16
Peter Wardle
Rookie

Hi all, Some of you guys are amazing!
You say the Challenge isnt needed yet its the ONLY available place where any good driver can build a paying career without millions of pounds of (usually) family patronage to get there.
The number of highly competent drivers who have been forced out of the sport just when they've proved themselves, some of them high level champions like Marc Hynes, is nothing short of a scandal. No professional sport treats its stars like that; most have well funded ladders to the top supporting their performers through the difficult formative years; yet motor racing seems dedicated to getting rid of them after they've been drained of their family money, some facing years of debt as a result.
I am totally committed to rectifying this and we have built the Challenge organisation to do a hell of a lot more.
Yes, we had some problems with Indylantic largely due to the guy who was supposed to be funding it disappearing which cost me personally a lot of money, yet we completed the season even so. It was a unique opportunity to experiment.
I suggest a few of you consider getting out of your cosy armchairs and actually doing something constructive to build our sport back up into the great spectator attraction it should be, not the boring succession of processions its become.
Disney do much better processions at a fraction of the cost!
All this takes time, effort and a considerable amount of money, not to mention a huge amount of time and commitment. We have assembled a terriffic team supporting the Challenge which is working very hard to get everything right.
Carping without any knowledge is dead easy but of course its your right to put forward any comments you might like to make and I will always welcome constructive criticism.
We deliberately took the old web site offline while the new one is completed so please be patient.
The Challenge is about having fun and enjoying a rising professional carreer for as many drivers as want to join us - we have no limits due to the racing systems we developed in 1976. I havent seen too many smiling faces recently in the over tense world of traditional single seater racing - we intend to change that.
All the best
Peter
Old 3 Dec 2005, 22:27 (Ref:1476483)   #17
Peter Wardle
Rookie

to SS Collins: Hi Sam, We will be inviting you to try the car as soon as the weather starts to pick up again. While we learnt a lot at Silverstone, running with ice still on the circuit and countless red flags wasnt too conducive to performance, yet the car went sufficiently well that we have taken the decision to push the power over 400bhp (now 430) with about 320ft/lbs of torque. It great to drive, very stable, and you'll love it! It only weighs just over 550Kgs...
Best regards,
Peter
Old 4 Dec 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1476775)   #18
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your not lacking in determination Peter. I'll give you that!! However, I still think the time it's taken to sort out the website (5 months +) is a joke and, for your sake, I only hope that the rest of your operation is perfoming better!!
Old 4 Dec 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1476849)   #19
Peter Wardle
Rookie

Actually so do I and it's been a pain, but its now being fixed - I'll announce the new site domain name shortly.
Peter
Old 4 Dec 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1476869)   #20
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTER7782
I think the website has gone the same way as the series, down the toilet!!!!
Peter to quote a famous phrase" you are p*s#ing in the wind with the challenge initiative"
You alway's get one **** on a website if you've nothing constructive to say why bother putting in a post!

Or better still if you think you can do better let's see you come up with the goods!!!!!

Everybody deserves a chance,like i said i won't comment until the championship is up and running
Old 4 Dec 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1476871)   #21
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer
You alway's get one **** on a website if you've nothing constructive to say why bother putting in a post!

Or better still if you think you can do better let's see you come up with the goods!!!!!

Everybody deserves a chance,like i said i won't comment until the championship is up and running
May be some time before we hear from you then?
Old 4 Dec 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1476912)   #22
boycie
Racer

boycie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer
What - a chance to play with peoples lives and finances before then wrapping the thing up before it even starts?

There have been a lot of questions asked of Mr Wardle, not just in this thread, and he's yet to answer many of them.

How many of the so-called signed-up drivers have so far got sponsors onboard already to help them start paying back the business loans they've taken out?

Peter, considering you keep bringing up the point your drivers will apparently be earning a wage can you please answer conclusively how exactly will this happen? And how much would these wages likely be?
Old 4 Dec 2005, 22:47 (Ref:1476991)   #23
Peter Wardle
Rookie

Hi boycie, you really dont listen do you! If you have a genuine ambition to become a professional racing driver then apply for our drivers' information document, confirm that you have an International C licence or above with its number and you will see exactly how it works.
As far as I know Ive answered all the questions I can on these threads which is far more than you might get from any other organiser.
I have never once claimed that we'll pay wages to drivers, but we can give any serious racing driver an opportunity to turn professional and earn money from providing entertainment for our spectators by enjoying a quality of racing rarely seen before.
Finally I am not aware of ANY of our drivers taking out loans (so perhaps it would be a good idea for you to revealed the "source" of your so-called information) and we are certainly not forcing them to though it is indeed quite normal for any new business to require some start up capital if they need it - ask any bank manager.
Perhaps you should ask other drivers why they take out loans to race, where there is absolutely no possibility of any income and very little prospect of progressing without ever more massive loans, in the rest of the sport.
If you come up with any reasonable questions then I'll be happy to answer them ....
Regards,
Peter
Old 5 Dec 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1477303)   #24
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wardle
Hi boycie, you really dont listen do you! If you have a genuine ambition to become a professional racing driver then apply for our drivers' information document, confirm that you have an International C licence or above with its number and you will see exactly how it works.
As far as I know Ive answered all the questions I can on these threads which is far more than you might get from any other organiser.
I have never once claimed that we'll pay wages to drivers, but we can give any serious racing driver an opportunity to turn professional and earn money from providing entertainment for our spectators by enjoying a quality of racing rarely seen before.
Finally I am not aware of ANY of our drivers taking out loans (so perhaps it would be a good idea for you to revealed the "source" of your so-called information) and we are certainly not forcing them to though it is indeed quite normal for any new business to require some start up capital if they need it - ask any bank manager.
Perhaps you should ask other drivers why they take out loans to race, where there is absolutely no possibility of any income and very little prospect of progressing without ever more massive loans, in the rest of the sport.
If you come up with any reasonable questions then I'll be happy to answer them ....
Regards,
Peter
Doubt very much anybody will take much notice there just seems to be a lot of guy's who rather slam the idea,if nobody came up with these idea's then there would be no british motorsport as everybody would be worried about it failing! its a chance that has to be taken,but with this championship i can see its worth,maybe those who choose criticize are jealous they never came up with the idea? and would rather run it down without first having an optamistic view!!!
If this championship provides a racer with an income instead of an continuous outlay it deserves to work!
Old 5 Dec 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1477389)   #25
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giixer,

This is a discussion forum, the general principle being that people debate the pros and cons of ideas, comments, things that have/are about to happen.

Bearing this in mind, it's in the nature of debate that some people will take one position and others another. That's healthy and normal. It's called democracy, the opposite to totalinairism!!

So, just because you are pro the Challenge and others aren't, it doesn't automatically follow that you are right and the others are wrong. It just means that your case has not been sufficiently well argued, so as to persuade doubters to change their mind.
Closed Thread