Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 May 2000, 21:13 (Ref:8344)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Last weekend the BARC organised the Brands Classic at Brands Hatch on the 1.226 miles Indy circuit. It resembled a sort of “Coys” meeting with races for touring and sports cars ranging from the mid-fifties to the early eighties (1983).

I think it would be even more successful than it was if they could attract a FIA championship and made it a three-day event. Therefore I would be interested to read what you thought of the idea and what you would like to see at such a meeting. Indeed it would also be interesting to know if any FIA championships would consider racing on the Indy circuit. Its short but tremendously satisfying when you get it right.
Old 18 May 2000, 12:13 (Ref:8345)   #2
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete,
I think its a great idea, but there may be problems with Friday running at BH.
But with an FIA championship there one could probably afford to take the GP circuit too.

Might have to force the AMOC to lets us in on their day!

BH Classic was a great event, though we could hgave done without the Tornado Jet (flying low over Paddock areas only..don't want to damage paying customers now do we!)
the waste of space parachuters and Mr Swift' car park antics that only a very few could see.

IanC
Old 18 May 2000, 12:41 (Ref:8346)   #3
Florian Lacroix
Rookie

Florian Lacroix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Peter,
I would love to race in BH for the FIA Champ for TC. The problem with FIA meetings is that they cost a lot of money to organisers and are very restrictive for regulations, security,...
The FIA put back last week end a meeting in England at Donington Park in middle july during the Renault Days (FR, clios).
Maybe we will race in BH next year.
Old 18 May 2000, 18:38 (Ref:8347)   #4
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
The FIA put back last week end a meeting in England at Donington Park in middle july during the Renault Days (FR, clios).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This year ? mmmmm....
Old 18 May 2000, 18:46 (Ref:8348)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I wondered that.
Old 18 May 2000, 20:52 (Ref:8349)   #6
Florian Lacroix
Rookie

Exactly the 15th-16th July 2000 with :

FIA European Challenge fo Historic Touring Cars
FIA European Challenge fo GT Cars
FIA Formula Junior Lurani Trophy
Formula Renault
Clios Trophy

I hope to see many of you there
Old 19 May 2000, 19:17 (Ref:8350)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, I am between races so if anybody wants a spare driver................
Old 19 May 2000, 20:42 (Ref:8351)   #8
Florian Lacroix
Rookie

Hi Peter, I am off to Zandvoort this WE so if I hear something there, I will tell people I know someone.
Cheers