Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Dec 2018, 18:42 (Ref:3871472)   #1
nigelgpm67
Rookie

nigelgpm67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Veggie Camping advice @ Le Mans

Hi,

I am taking my wife and our boy (less than 1 year) to Le Mans. We are hiring a camper van (something else i have not done before).

Where is the best place to stay for a young family without the battle of the party going music through the night?

We want to be close to the track and walking distance to all the fun stuff. We would prefer a campsite with electrical hook ups.

We are staying all week from Tuesday to the following Monday

Advice would be really appreciated or the adventure could turn bad.

Also do you know if i can come and go from the campsite and would i then loose my spot?

Thank you
Old 19 Dec 2018, 19:13 (Ref:3871475)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
OK lets start with the camp sites, best sites are very hard to get by this time and only a few will have electricity and some of those involve connecting to what can be described as overloaded at best and dangerous at worst. The ACO sites vary in cost with those with better facilities priced higher and as you might expect there are some overlooking parts of the track at various parts but with a track as large as le mans some are also a good distance from the main pit straight. In most sites you are allocated a 5 x 7 pitch and that is yours for your stay, However if you have a large RV once there you might not be able to move it without flattening everyone else. However a smaller van might be able to leave.
Lastly all campsites will be busy and noisy at times but earplugs help drown out the noise while sleeping.
If you try the beermountain site they have good up to date descriptions of all the ACO sites and private sites but not all except large campervans and the better aco sites are very hard to get and can be expensive if you use agencies.
Hope this helps but if you have further questions ask away
Old 19 Dec 2018, 22:19 (Ref:3871511)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
June may seem a long time away, but many of the prime camping spots will have been long taken by now, ticketing having opened in October. Your best bet may well be one of the agencies such as 1st Tickets. But having never camped at Le Mans, I'll leave others like Simon (GT6 above) to answer questions I can't.....
Old 19 Dec 2018, 22:26 (Ref:3871513)   #4
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't want to spoil the fun, but LM 24 is no place for a 1 year old. If you decide to go anyway, find a official camping away from the track and cycle your way to the track because every campsite near the track will be noisy. Some more than others but still noisy.Should you decide to camp near the track, contact one if the agencys for special campervan campsite ticket including power. This will be hard to find though.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 18:25 (Ref:3872288)   #5
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I don't want to spoil the fun, but LM 24 is no place for a 1 year old. If you decide to go anyway, find a official camping away from the track and cycle your way to the track because every campsite near the track will be noisy.
Baaahhh, humbug.. Break 'em in early, I say. I was, and I'm danged happy I was.
'Got me into an intelligent frame of mind, rather than other sports...

jimclark
Old 24 Dec 2018, 21:18 (Ref:3872303)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Long race, long weekend, long week (if you're lucky ).