Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Apr 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2182325)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hey, I've got that number James - that must make me a regular again.......

Bentley03 - Tenths very own Le Mans tractor beam.........
Old 22 Apr 2008, 23:59 (Ref:2184503)   #27
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Hey, I've got that number James - that must make me a regular again.......

Bentley03 - Tenths very own Le Mans tractor beam.........
The offer is made in light of my own failed attempt to attend my first Tenths meeting in 2005...........

Having made our way to what I believed to be the appointed place at the appropriate time, a colleague (who I'd dragged along for moral support, just in case) and I inadvertently gatecrashed someone else's meeting. It didn't help that we were welcomed with open arms and a glass of champagne. I assumed, from the welcome that we were given, that we were indeed in the right place. Only when we realised that there wasn't a single English speaker amongst the group did the alarm bells begin to ring. There then followed a rather awkward conversation with two guys from the group who confronted us with accusations of champagne theft, dirty tricks and being American. Fortunately, several other members of the group leapt to our defense and we were able to make our escape unscathed (if psychologically scarred).

I can tell you, it was a great relief in 2006 when KPY spotted me loitering, guessed I was looking for the Tenths meeting and introduced himself to me!
Old 23 Apr 2008, 06:23 (Ref:2184592)   #28
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_NL
We'll be at Maison Blanche again, pop by for a beer from our bar when you're in the neighborhood
I might just do that Paddy
Old 23 Apr 2008, 08:47 (Ref:2184657)   #29
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
..two guys from the group who confronted us with accusations of champagne theft, dirty tricks and being American.

I keep meaning to attend these meets, but I always seem to over do things on the Friday night, so being sociable on a Saturday morning is too much effort. Especially once I'm safely in my luxury grandstand seating.

I'll try to make more effort to be clean and sober this year.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 09:42 (Ref:2184693)   #30
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm gonna try to make it .. it's my first LM but we're gonna be there from wendsday so should learn my way through the village

Last edited by Dani Filth; 23 Apr 2008 at 09:44.

Ciao Marco
Old 23 Apr 2008, 11:06 (Ref:2184760)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's essential guys. It really has grown since we first tried it a few uyears back - it's just good to start to put some faces to names (and then promptly forget most of them again.....)
Old 23 Apr 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2184893)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hey Ayse ..... you started the annual weather watch yet , or the anti-rain dance routine ?
Old 23 Apr 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2184930)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, every night before I go to bed I say my weather prayers..... I must have forgotten them one night last year.......
Old 24 Apr 2008, 07:57 (Ref:2185524)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yep, every night before I go to bed I say my weather prayers..... I must have forgotten them one night last year.......
So it was true you were to blame for the weather last year.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2186517)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh dear - could be, I suppose........
Old 25 Apr 2008, 15:48 (Ref:2186714)   #36
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be nice to see a car race NOT an inshore powerboat race again!!
Old 26 Apr 2008, 10:16 (Ref:2187269)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, that's enough about precipitations - talk sunshine boys, gloriously, skin-reddeningly hot sunshine........
Old 26 Apr 2008, 10:19 (Ref:2187271)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
First question (and perhaps Ayse already knows the answer), will Fab be attending the race this year?

I'm sorry to say I've not had any reply from our former French Le Mans correspondent Fab. So, disappointingly, it looks as though we may be raising our glasses to toast him in absence again this year......
Old 27 Apr 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2188477)   #39
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fab !

Quote:
I'm sorry to say I've not had any reply from our former French Le Mans correspondent Fab. So, disappointingly, it looks as though we may be raising our glasses to toast him in absence again this year......
I've received some news from Fab.
He will come back for 2009 for sure. He has to finish a MBA (Master of business administration). By then he will come back on the forum.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2188583)   #40
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
After last year's enforced absence, I will be back and look forward to catching up with everyone whose support and best wishes meant so much to me when I was ill. I also have 6 months drinking to catch up on, so make sure the wine is chilled!
Old 28 Apr 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2189132)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
I've received some news from Fab.
He will come back for 2009 for sure. He has to finish a MBA (Master of business administration). By then he will come back on the forum.

I'm really pleased by that news

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS
After last year's enforced absence, I will be back and look forward to catching up with everyone whose support and best wishes meant so much to me when I was ill. I also have 6 months drinking to catch up on, so make sure the wine is chilled!
And coming back with a particularly classy team this year too..........
Old 28 Apr 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2189541)   #42
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS
THAT is a real good news, Allon
will try to chill the wine perfectely
Old 1 May 2008, 13:20 (Ref:2191871)   #43
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Hi all !

Sorry for beeing away for a while, and still for this year... as I pm'ed to Ayse and Pascal, I'm still busy with my MBA courses, and I'll be in a classroom (again!) in 2008...

But don't even think that I forget you ! I miss you, really, a lot !

We planned to be back with three newbies in 2009 : my eldest daughter Cleo, my young friend Pierre (who should be introduced as "Elfe12" on TT soon, as soon as Evilpumpkin' we'll grant him in) who's 13, and his father Stephane...

I'll be back here before the 2008' race anyway...

Love to all !

Fab
Old 1 May 2008, 14:01 (Ref:2191900)   #44
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Sorry for beeing away for a while
Hi fab ..... just dont get caught next time fella !!!
Old 1 May 2008, 15:35 (Ref:2191964)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Hi all !

Sorry for beeing away for a while, and still for this year... as I pm'ed to Ayse and Pascal, I'm still busy with my MBA courses, and I'll be in a classroom (again!) in 2008...

But don't even think that I forget you ! I miss you, really, a lot !

We planned to be back with three newbies in 2009 : my eldest daughter Cleo, my young friend Pierre (who should be introduced as "Elfe12" on TT soon, as soon as Evilpumpkin' we'll grant him in) who's 13, and his father Stephane...

I'll be back here before the 2008' race anyway...

Love to all !

Fab

Best news of the year, as far as I'm concerned!
Old 1 May 2008, 15:59 (Ref:2191976)   #46
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We are very pleased to see AllonFS this year and Fab in 2009. These are good news !
Old 16 May 2008, 07:13 (Ref:2203703)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
To start this thread moving again, can I pose a question of you all? This seems like as good a place as any...... I'd like to record who is actually going to Le Mans this year (without having to trawl through all the other Le Mans threads - I'm far too lazy for that!).

Can I ask you therefore

a) Are you going?

and

b) Including this year, how many times will you have been to Le Mans?

The second question is just out of curiosity.

Although they may not all be able to make the meeting, I want to try and include those who are not going just as spectators, e.g. marshals, photographers, people working with sponsors etc.

Starting with me then -

Yes and 23!
Old 16 May 2008, 07:44 (Ref:2203725)   #48
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
To start this thread moving again, can I pose a question of you all? This seems like as good a place as any...... I'd like to record who is actually going to Le Mans this year (without having to trawl through all the other Le Mans threads - I'm far too lazy for that!).

Can I ask you therefore

a) Are you going?

and

b) Including this year, how many times will you have been to Le Mans?

The second question is just out of curiosity.

Although they may not all be able to make the meeting, I want to try and include those who are not going just as spectators, e.g. marshals, photographers, people working with sponsors etc.

Starting with me then -

Yes and 23!
Yes - started going a quarter of a century ago this year - but have only manager 20 times in that period
Old 16 May 2008, 08:00 (Ref:2203738)   #49
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, going fot the 14th time, first race was the memorable 1991 race.
Am thinking of going to the meeting as I would like to know who I am writing with on the forum.
Just a few weeks left till pre-practice!!!!
Old 16 May 2008, 08:20 (Ref:2203755)   #50
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, going for only the second time! Had to see if the weather last year was a one off and to see the magnificence that is GpC at the place they were designed to run!