Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 15 Sep 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2541425)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans 2010 (Entries - Informed Guesswork and Speculation!) Thread Now Closed

So far we have in Auto invite/winners: Possibly 34??

P-1
Peugeot (sport) 1st Le Mans
Peugeot (team) 2nd Le Mans
AMR................1st LMS
Pescarolo........2nd LMS
Acura (??).......1st ALMS
??..................1st Petit Le Mans
??..................1st AsianLMS

P-2
Essex..............1st Le Mans
Sebah/Speedy..2nd Le Mans
Quifel..............1st LMS
Sebah/Speedy..2nd LMS
Fernandez........1st ALMS
??...................1st Petit Le Mans
?? 1st AsianLMS

Green X Challenge
Sebah/Speedy (P-2)..LMS
??..........................ALMS (one would think with Michelin's pull)

GT-1<>Not sure any will be awarded? Maybe transferable to other classes?
Corvette Racing.........1st Le Mans
Luc Alphand Ave........2nd Le Mans
Luc Alphand Ave........1st LMS
Labre Comp...............2nd LMS
Corvette Racing.........1st ALMS (maybe)
No entries.................Petit Le Mans
??...........................1st FIA GT
??...........................2nd FIA GT
??...........................1st AsianLMS

GT-2
Risi Competizione........1st Le Mans
BMS Scuderia............2nd Le Mans
Felbermayr Prot..........1st LMS
JMW Motorsport.........2nd LMS
??............................1st ALMS
??............................1st Petit Le Mans
??............................1st FIA GT
??...........................2nd FIA GT
??............................1st AsianLMS

L.P.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2541543)   #2
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if Flying Lizard will fork out to ship 2 cars over with there 2 Invites for ALMS GT2 Champions and Petit Le Mans winners
Old 15 Sep 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2541586)   #3
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am wondering whether Speedy/Sebah will cede their 3rd Auto-invite, all P-2, to Racing Box (#29) 3rd in LMS, or Oak Racing (#24) 3rd at Le Mans (or possibly Barazi Epsilon (#32) 4th at Le Mans depending on Essex). As with the economy, one would think they would keep the 'Green X' invite.

Do they cede 2 as they, at the moment, are running one in each class?
Do they run 2 P-2's next year in advance of them being P-1s in 2011?
Do they pass on all and run 2 P-1s?

L.P.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2541757)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I am wondering whether Speedy/Sebah will cede their 3rd Auto-invite, all P-2, to Racing Box (#29) 3rd in LMS, or Oak Racing (#24) 3rd at Le Mans (or possibly Barazi Epsilon (#32) 4th at Le Mans depending on Essex). As with the economy, one would think they would keep the 'Green X' invite.

Do they cede 2 as they, at the moment, are running one in each class?
Do they run 2 P-2's next year in advance of them being P-1s in 2011?
Do they pass on all and run 2 P-1s?

L.P.
The indication we got during the pit visit last year was that they would like to go P1 in 2010, but that was then, the success in p2 this year may make them keen to be a winner in p2 rather than just a competitor in P1, the sponsers will provide the money so they will have a big say.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2542003)   #5
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder what will become of the Fernandez entry when the team ceases to exist 30 October (unless funding becomes available)?

Does it then trickle down to Dyson?
Old 16 Sep 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2542139)   #6
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
Wonder what will become of the Fernandez entry when the team ceases to exist 30 October (unless funding becomes available)?

Does it then trickle down to Dyson?
The ALMS auto-invites may be moot, as they are not running to the new ACO spec. That was mentioned at the beginning of the season when it was announced that the ALMS would not be enforcing the ACO aero rules.

I expect Cytosport to win the Petit invite, as they are the only team that is at ACO spec., unless Dyson switches aero packages for the race.

L.P.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2542796)   #7
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure the ACO will want to reward teams like P&M and Luc Alphand for their performances this season. The same would go for all the other possible auto-invites. What would probably happens is the transferring of the invites to other classes, if the teams request.

We could see the Corvette invites and, possibly, the 2 Luc Alphand ones, being transferred to GT2 if Alphand also goes with Corvette.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 22:41 (Ref:2543117)   #8
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Wonder if Flying Lizard will fork out to ship 2 cars over with there 2 Invites for ALMS GT2 Champions and Petit Le Mans winners
Why bother, they'll just get smoked again by Risi!

DK
Old 19 Sep 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2543956)   #9
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
I'm sure the ACO will want to reward teams like P&M and Luc Alphand for their performances this season. The same would go for all the other possible auto-invites. What would probably happens is the transferring of the invites to other classes, if the teams request.

We could see the Corvette invites and, possibly, the 2 Luc Alphand ones, being transferred to GT2 if Alphand also goes with Corvette.
If they started to do that, we'd have something like 10 invites for one class, many of those without a car to race. We'd lose Spyker and any potential Jaguar or Lambo entry.
Old 19 Sep 2009, 21:15 (Ref:2544046)   #10
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
If they started to do that, we'd have something like 10 invites for one class, many of those without a car to race. We'd lose Spyker and any potential Jaguar or Lambo entry.

Every car in the race is invited! And there will more than likely only be 3 classes next year, and 55 or so grid spots of which 29 were auto-invites last! year

L.P.
Old 20 Sep 2009, 06:59 (Ref:2544156)   #11
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm fairly certain Corvette will not get an invite for GT1, they only participated in 2 races.

I have a feeling Speedy Sebah will keep their Green X Challenge entry just because it's a paid entry and Speedy Sebah shouldn't be robbed of that bonus. Meanwhile the ACO will simply add 3rd in LMS LMP2 (Racing Box) in place of Speedy Sebah's third entry.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2544721)   #12
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
I'm fairly certain Corvette will not get an invite for GT1, they only participated in 2 races.
They will for their victory at Le Mans
Old 21 Sep 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2544765)   #13
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True, they will get that one, I just meant for the sake of Horndawg's list.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2545200)   #14
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
True, they will get that one, I just meant for the sake of Horndawg's list.
Well I did put a 'maybe' with the entry I believe you are talking about. I would tend to agree but as I see Corvette Racing getting 2 spots on the grid, I thought they just might get both as an Auto-invite.

L.P.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2545970)   #15
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well I did put a 'maybe' with the entry I believe you are talking about. I would tend to agree but as I see Corvette Racing getting 2 spots on the grid, I thought they just might get both as an Auto-invite.
L.P.
By the wink and auto-invite statement, I assume you are predicting a Corvette Racing win in class at PLM? Good choice BTW.

DK
Old 23 Sep 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2546852)   #16
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mariantic have added their page of 2010/2011 rumours

http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/future.asp
Old 27 Sep 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2548958)   #17
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Every car in the race is invited! And there will more than likely only be 3 classes next year, and 55 or so grid spots of which 29 were auto-invites last! year

L.P.
Sorry, where I said invite I infact meant Auto-invite. I meant we can't have GT2 solely of auto-invites.
Old 27 Sep 2009, 01:59 (Ref:2548971)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently Highcroft is hoping for a LM 2010 appearance, wonder if anything is in the Acura pipeline for "normal" fronts and new bodywork to help them at LM before Acura shuts down the support.
And Mariantic has Pug bringing three team cars and a fourth privateer entry. Could we see the 2009 battle again with Audi, but do they both have to replace the engines for next year?
Old 27 Sep 2009, 02:04 (Ref:2548973)   #19
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Sorry, where I said invite I infact meant Auto-invite. I meant we can't have GT2 solely of auto-invites.
Sorry, I will reiterate, 10 invites out of 30 for 3 classes is not out of order!! It is an exactly equal at 1/3.

L.P.
Old 27 Sep 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2549077)   #20
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Sorry, I will reiterate, 10 invites out of 30 for 3 classes is not out of order!! It is an exactly equal at 1/3.

L.P.
I forgot about GT1 absent next year, 10 auto-invites next year will not be the whole class. But you can see what I was getting at, forgeting there will be a larger GT2 next year, I was fearing a GT2 made up of just Ferraris and Porsches!
Old 6 Oct 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2555308)   #21
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They will not be absent.

ACO just confirmed GT1 will be at Le Mans, they expect some 8-10 GT1s.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2555671)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Looking at the ACO announcement it states

"All cars that are eligible for the FIA GT1 World Championship will be accepted to race in 2010"

We could finally see the Maserati MC12 at Le mans, a little late but it will be great to see if it is competative on the track it was designed for.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2556064)   #23
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
It would be nice to see the MC 12 at Le Mans ,but after all the discussions in the last Years I can not believe it . Hope I am wrong .
Old 7 Oct 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2556248)   #24
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
A cut down, strangled MC12...
Old 8 Oct 2009, 18:27 (Ref:2556854)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
A cut down, strangled MC12...

Gotta be better than a ****e Lamborghini......