Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 May 2007, 16:12 (Ref:1914764)   #26
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
You lucky geezer ..... thats the only part of the track that ive never been too ..... so far !!!

Is it as exciting as it looks , like a drag race from Arnage ?

And the 2 chicanes ...... im in planning though .
Well if I could work out how to attach a picture, I'd show you!!!!!!
Old 16 May 2007, 16:43 (Ref:1914777)   #27
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I think 11.30 is a good bet. I like to be glued to my seat in the grandstand for the start of the parade - even though I'm now far too elderly and infirm to worry too much about the Hawaiian Tropic girls..... (Now, if there are any blue-haired and spandex'ed Ultimate ladies, I could be persuaded to take an interest.......

Funny... I seem to have several similar photos too LOL
Old 16 May 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1914819)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you remember Craig, the ladies had paused only a few yards away from where the Ten Tenths meeting was just breaking up last year.... A happy coincidence
Old 17 May 2007, 14:56 (Ref:1915382)   #29
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant
Well if I could work out how to attach a picture, I'd show you!!!!!!
Picture is now posted in the photography section, under the thread "Best picture ever taken".

Enjoy!
Old 19 May 2007, 09:45 (Ref:1916600)   #30
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I'll be in Europe for the race!

My plane leaves May 26th for A-Dam and I'll be in Europe until June 19th...

I'll be taping the race via MS Media Center and I have PLENTY of HD space!

But that's only 17 hours of coverage.

I would like to record to my laptop via Motors TV who will show the event in its entirety and in a language I can understand! lol

I would also like to go down to the track, just how involved is that and are any of you fellas willing to give a brotha a ride with your party or stay in your camp or hang out with you in the stands?

Let me know, you can PM me through this site.

Le Mans Live for the first time!
Old 19 May 2007, 11:46 (Ref:1916650)   #31
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Hey DJ,you might be able to hich a ride with us to LM.
We live in Holland in the area of Utrecht(20 miles from A'dam).
You'd ofcourse have to chip in for the campingticket and gasoline costs,but as seen earlier in this thread,one never needs to buy GA tickets in advance.
Only getting a grandstandticket at this late date would be a challenge.
As far as I know,these tickets are all sold out at the ACO itself. You should try your luck at E-bay(preferably E-bay England).
Old 19 May 2007, 12:58 (Ref:1916704)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Try also 1st Tickets - Brian Sheehan still had one or two grandstand seats left when I spoke to him last week.
Old 20 May 2007, 05:17 (Ref:1916999)   #33
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Okay and thanks!

Great, I'll be running around Europe and I'll be mostly in Scandinavia and maybe Eastern Europe until its time to go down to the track.

I have no problem chipping in for camp ground fees or fuel.

Send me some details via PM

I'll see if I can track down a Grand Stand Ticket.
Old 21 May 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1918339)   #34
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a secret password we should mention? Just to be on the safe side. We could end up in a group of nascar fans.

I hope to make it that early. Let's see.
Old 21 May 2007, 20:28 (Ref:1918350)   #35
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitano
Is there a secret password we should mention? Just to be on the safe side. We could end up in a group of nascar fans.

I hope to make it that early. Let's see.
Actually thats a good point. How will we know each other? I know I've got a 10/10ths t-shirt, but then Im just sad .
Old 21 May 2007, 20:54 (Ref:1918371)   #36
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Actually thats a good point. How will we know each other? I know I've got a 10/10ths t-shirt, but then Im just sad .
Hopefully, I will have an "ASM Racing for Portugal" flag (if I make it in time).
Old 21 May 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1918412)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You might see a few of these.....

Sorry to use the last one again.....

BTW, can anyone put names to all the faces in the TT Rogues Gallery....?
Old 22 May 2007, 07:46 (Ref:1918524)   #38
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Must confess I'm shy by two names
Old 22 May 2007, 16:26 (Ref:1918885)   #39
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
from left to right : AllonFS (hello Allon ), Bentley03, Craig, Dominique, KPY, Shame I can't remember his name, Aysedasi, Suze, SSCollins, RD Jones
First row: GiGav, PascaLM, Bernard B, Mike (not sure either)
Old 22 May 2007, 16:28 (Ref:1918887)   #40
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I forgot to mention : Vin D'Alsace, by Pascal
Old 22 May 2007, 16:45 (Ref:1918897)   #41
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brilliant! At last faces to names! Cheers for those Ayse, and special thanks to Bernard for the names! Getting a bit giddier by the day now. Just cant wait!
Old 22 May 2007, 17:33 (Ref:1918957)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Am I right in thinking that

Shame I can't remember his name

is a fellow called Greg? Came from USA or Canada at very short notice? In my premature senility I can't be sure about this or what his TT name is...... Anyone help?
Old 22 May 2007, 18:42 (Ref:1919017)   #43
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully we shall most of those faces again in a few weeks time. Hopefully a few new faces will be joining use too.
Old 22 May 2007, 19:14 (Ref:1919033)   #44
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
It does look like a group of seasoned "Le Manners"!!! The trophies up front, and not the hats and photo equipment,gave it away.

Can not wait to get to Le Mans!

Cheers!
Old 22 May 2007, 19:31 (Ref:1919042)   #45
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
I'll see if I can track down a Grand Stand Ticket.
Also try justtickets.co.uk. That's where I got mine from this year.
Old 22 May 2007, 19:39 (Ref:1919047)   #46
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
a few more TT'thers we saw past years :

background : PlanetLeMans team : EliseGT1, Vandijk, Vinnie (and another one, sorry)
foreground : Javi, Cap-on-the-head-of-Ayse (thank me for not showing the lack of hair )

2004 again

L to R : FG1, KarlKling, PascaLM, Gilles, and foregroung: Liz

and finally, 2003

L to R : PascaLM, Nordic, AllonFS, Javi, Aysedasi, Ricardo (Javi's father), Liz, Fab, Dominique

oh, and BTW:

Fab, you have to come back (Take it as an order )
Old 22 May 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1919105)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
foreground : Javi, Cap-on-the-head-of-Ayse (thank me for not showing the lack of hair ) Actually - I don't worry too much about the lack of hair anymore Bernard, I'm just thankful when people take pictures that don;t show my size.......

L to R : PascaLM, Nordic, AllonFS, Javi, Aysedasi, Ricardo (Javi's father), Liz, Fab, Dominique

oh, and BTW:

Fab, you have to come back (Take it as an order )

Bernard - you're a star! Thanks so much for these. And I remember every one of those meetings as if they were yesterday too. And you're damned right about Fab. I've told him already that he must come back next year. I think we need to start a petition......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 22 May 2007 at 21:19.
Old 22 May 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1919125)   #48
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I normally sit on the concrete terracing opposite the pits agonisingly waiting for the start of the race, telling myself that there will be some entertainment any minute now, but it always seems to drag. So this year I will try and tear myself away from my party, the beer/red wine/cheese/bread and come a pay a visit. I will bring my 11 year old son over, it will be his first start of the 24 hrs, as I have only taken him to the finish in the past.
It will be nice to say hello to you all.
Old 22 May 2007, 22:25 (Ref:1919132)   #49
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Am I right in thinking that

Shame I can't remember his name

is a fellow called Greg? Came from USA or Canada at very short notice? In my premature senility I can't be sure about this or what his TT name is...... Anyone help?
Very well remembered, Ayse! M3Desmo is Greg's handle on Tenths (although he hasn't posted in a very long while). South African as it happens. First timer, so I spent the night with him (can I say that? ) and introduced him to Arnage corner at about 03:30 where we met up with PascaLM, then on to Mulsanne for sunrise. Last I heard he was buying himself an Ultima!

The two I didn't know were Dominique and (I feel somewhat embarassed to have to admit this) Craig (sorry Craig ).
Old 23 May 2007, 07:27 (Ref:1919301)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I certainly remember Greg - IIRC he left his plans very late indeed (despite travelling such a distance) and I thought he was being pretty optimistic about getting it all sorted in time - but he was right and I was wrong!