Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2015, 19:02 (Ref:3601240)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Delta Tea Urn Natter

Yup its a new year and there's 366 days of it. Let's wish for a good 'un.
Old 31 Dec 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3601247)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yup its a new year and there's 366 days of it. Let's wish for a good 'un.
That's not very funny Peter. What sort of Christmas Crackers were you pulling?

Er it is only 7.30pm 31st December 2015!!!

Should I press submit or not?

Turf it, I will.

Oh! And Happy New Year Everyone.

Bauble
Old 31 Dec 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3601252)   #3
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's later than that where Peter is, Bauble
Old 31 Dec 2015, 22:44 (Ref:3601288)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ha ha well done Peter . I'm down the local pub there is a disco and a grannie D J who is very good . Having a nice time with all Mrs Delta. Horse'y mates that wS untill I bought the last round of drinks . £32.00 WTF .hey go good job it's only once a year
Old 31 Dec 2015, 23:09 (Ref:3601298)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just got better now have some deep purple
Old 1 Jan 2016, 00:41 (Ref:3601318)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ok ok we are now on YMCA
Old 1 Jan 2016, 01:37 (Ref:3601328)   #7
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a Desert Island Discs evening with some friends & neighbours. At 6pm this evening, sorry, yesterday evening, I still had a shortlist of 200. Getting to 8 was difficult in the extreme, choosing the 1 keeper next to impossible. Then was faced with a dozen fellow Desert Islanders who had never heard of the Canterbury sound so they hadn't a clue what I was going on about. All Abba & Queen fer Chrissake. Closest I got to any understanding was when Mike Oldfield got a mention. Where is he now?
Old 1 Jan 2016, 06:32 (Ref:3601367)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Right, with the 'celebrations' out of the way, how about starting 2016 with a challenge (with a catchy title) for Cancer Research?

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/supp...nges/dryathlon

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 1 Jan 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3601373)   #9
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nope. Not my cup of tea.
Old 1 Jan 2016, 09:39 (Ref:3601377)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It's too late for me to start that as I had to finish a glass of whiskey liqueur after midnight plus I have a lot of booze left over from Christmas that needs to be got through.
Old 1 Jan 2016, 09:58 (Ref:3601384)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Me and Delta son had already said we would give up the booze for January. Not sure if I will be able to hold out when I am down in South Africa, after a weekend's racing looking after a grid full of Formula Junior's.
Old 1 Jan 2016, 09:58 (Ref:3601385)   #12
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy New Year
Old 1 Jan 2016, 10:43 (Ref:3601390)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It's later than that where Peter is, Bauble
Happy New Year, Midge! Sadly it has started badly with yet another 'Delta' themed thread, it makes you wonder just what hold he has over the 'starter' to get such favourable treatment. Something truly awful I guess, it looks like you and I will just have to soldier on and make the best of a bad job, getting the odd bit of humour in where we can to lighten the atmosphere at tea breaks.

When you read some of the sob stories regularly regurgitated with ever increasing detail about missed ferries, lost spares, broken down transporters, lack of decent scoff, officious customs officers, obscure maladies that can not be traced, rain, snow, sun, wind, fires in inconvenient tunnels, non-English speaking foreigners, missing drivers, etc., etc., etc., it makes you wonder why they bother.

Now did I tell you about my bad back ..........?

Oh! To avoid opprobrium I will add ................
Old 1 Jan 2016, 11:00 (Ref:3601392)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Nope. Not my cup of tea.
Happy Birthday Max
Old 1 Jan 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3601404)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, many happies, you young whippersnapper!

Curiously, according to the list, there's a great number of tenthers reached 114 years old today, and another 107! Not you, is it, Bob?
Old 1 Jan 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3601405)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes, many happies, you young whippersnapper!

Curiously, according to the list, there's a great number of tenthers reached 114 years old today, and another 107! Not you, is it, Bob?
Not yet Mike but the speedometer is getting a little too close to 80MPH for comfort. Should I ease off the loud pedal a bit?

May I add my congratulations to those already received by our good friend Max.

May 2016 bring you love, happiness and a long life (or any similar lager).
Old 1 Jan 2016, 13:59 (Ref:3601407)   #17
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Me and Delta son had already said we would give up the booze for January. Not sure if I will be able to hold out when I am down in South Africa, after a weekend's racing looking after a grid full of Formula Junior's.

I thought booze was compulsory in SA. Has that changed recently?

How's the Man flu Iain? I think you need booze to treat man flu properly don't you?
Old 1 Jan 2016, 14:07 (Ref:3601409)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy birthday Max.

And a Happy New Year to all.
Old 1 Jan 2016, 15:51 (Ref:3601422)   #19
midgetman
Veteran

Thanks one and all! We celebrated by working at Combe for a kart race where we also had the chance to race. Me and MiniMM both made the final with me ahead on points and fastest lap :-) "Life in the old dog yet"
Old 1 Jan 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3601428)   #20
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A belated happy new year to everyone, and many happy returns to Max.

Let's hope 2016's a good 'un!
Old 1 Jan 2016, 16:36 (Ref:3601431)   #21
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy birthday Max. Had I known I'd have popped a candle in your omelette at the Ace
Old 1 Jan 2016, 16:39 (Ref:3601432)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Thanks one and all! We celebrated by working at Combe for a kart race where we also had the chance to race. Me and MiniMM both made the final with me ahead on points and fastest lap :-) "Life in the old dog yet"
Couldn't be that MiniMM was gifting you an extra b'day present?
Old 1 Jan 2016, 19:23 (Ref:3601471)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
In the tradition of this thread...... I was pleased to see, watching the prog (probably a repeat) on 'most popular Disney Song' that 'Bare Necessities' beat all the modern stuff. Hard to believe Jungle Book was made 50 years ago, although it does have a wonderful simplicity that you don't get nowadays. When it was on TV last month it was said that the showing was the film's small screen premier, which I also find hard to believe! Great to be able to compare it with the sophisticated recent offerings shown over the holidays...
Old 2 Jan 2016, 07:36 (Ref:3601554)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Going back to alcoholic drinks, our media is pushing the calorific content of booze this morning, and how ignorance of it is most likely contributing to obesity. Some interesting comparisons, although nothing new! Main problem is that calories are "empty", in other words of no nutritional value....
Old 2 Jan 2016, 10:27 (Ref:3601569)   #25
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I read an interesting atcile about diet and NY resolutions, it was far from rocket science. Basically, everything in sensible quantities is the best way forward.

So best not work too hard!

Yesterday we took one of the Cortina's for a spin up to Brooklands, only to be turned away at the gate. We had to mark near Mercedes world and walk in with numerous other 50 year old classics. On entry we walked past a gaggle of Lancias, Triumph TR's and 60's Rovers, to be confronted by a load of tatty bazzed up MX5's and late Metro's, hardly classic.

IT was incredibly busy, and we saw plenty of people, tenthers LAK and Brian A to name but a few, there were a few lovely cars up there as well, the Cisitalia 202MM spider being a new one to me. As usual an ecclectic bunch of cars on display ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Closed Thread