Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 May 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2464095)   #51
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone know if / when the races are repeated on TV? Missed them today and forgot to record! Thanks
Old 17 May 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2464111)   #52
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This work for you Suze? Dunno.
Quote:
You can catch highlights on ITV1 on Monday 18 May at 1.20am, repeated Tuesday 19th May on ITV4 at 3.30pm.
http://www.itv.com/Sport/btcc/default.html
Old 18 May 2009, 07:50 (Ref:2464340)   #53
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guess I've missed Monday's but can record it tomorrow - cheers
Old 18 May 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2464565)   #54
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I was impressed with Vaulkard. Has he mentioned any reason for his improvement in pace? Chilton looked in a class of his own.
I was trackside when Alan Hyde collared Harry for an interview, and he was heaping praise on Warren Hughes as his driver coach.

I then drifted off a little, but I'm sure I heard Hughes saying that he'd love to be part of an all North-Eastern team and is looking for a budget to run a second Lacetti.
Old 18 May 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2464577)   #55
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Guess I've missed Monday's but can record it tomorrow - cheers
Not yet.
TV channels run their days from 6am-5.59am, so 1.20am is tonight.
Old 18 May 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2464586)   #56
Suze
Veteran

England
How confusing...!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info.
Old 18 May 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2464660)   #57
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really good days racing in pretty much all the categories, even if I did get soaked in the downpour after race 1. Thommo really showed his class, and seems to be getting the team moving in the right direction development wise too. Sunshine.co.uk must be loving Paul O'Neill at the moment, I reckon they've been namechecked in commentary more in the the last two meetings than they were for the whole of last season! And now that Plato's not in a factory car, he seems to be driving much more professionally - I guess knowing that there isn't a massive budget for repairs focuses the mind, and for me it's made him a much better driver. I might even start liking the guy if he keeps it up....

And Sarah Moore in the Ginetta Juniors could be a star in the making - she slightly lucked into her 2 wins at Thruxton, but in the first race yesterday she was the absolute class of the field. Shame ITV decided not to show the race, great drive.
Old 18 May 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2464673)   #58
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Defniitely agree about the progress TD seem to be making. Thompson mentioned a list of things on the car that they are working on, and how they are progressing through the list with every session. Hopefully they can keep up the momentum and really be consistent challengers at the front again.

Re. Plato, he does seem to be a bit more cautious around other drivers than previously. The opposite seems to be true of Jackson if R3 is anything to go by. Now he's in someone else's car, is he less concerned about picking up damage. His car looked more like it had been used in a battlefield rather than on a professional racetrack.
It must have been a bit of a shock for Plato to be challenged so aggressively by a team-mate rather than the distance given previously by Turner.
Old 18 May 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2464832)   #59
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It must have been a bit of a shock for Plato to be challenged so aggressively by a team-mate rather than the distance given previously by Turner.
I think Plato's had his fair share of 'racey' team mates

(Muller, Huff, Menu, Thompson...)
Old 19 May 2009, 06:51 (Ref:2464933)   #60
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Penalties for Jordan, Vaulkhard and Adam:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3499
Old 19 May 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2464963)   #61
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the stewards from now on be more strickt with the rules, or where these incidents just really really naughty?
Old 19 May 2009, 08:15 (Ref:2464974)   #62
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
...and what do the three penalty points on their license mean? Bigger fine or suspension once they reach a certain number?
Old 19 May 2009, 08:25 (Ref:2464981)   #63
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe the licence to be much like a road licence (here in the UK at least) - you get to 12 points and you lose it till the end of the year, then you apply for a new one come January of next year.
Old 19 May 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2464997)   #64
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner View Post
Penalties for Jordan, Vaulkhard and Adam:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3499

This is an absolute joke! I watched the racing this weekend on TV and there were so many more than these three incidents. Was it Neal who put Jelley in the wall in race 1? Much worse than the three listed above, as that was actually a move "in a manner not compatible with general safety". Apologies if it wasnt Neal, but he is the default offender in BTCC! There were dozens of bangs, taps, spins etc and I really don't see why these should be picked out the crowd.
Old 19 May 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2465018)   #65
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
This is an absolute joke! I watched the racing this weekend on TV and there were so many more than these three incidents. Was it Neal who put Jelley in the wall in race 1? Much worse than the three listed above, as that was actually a move "in a manner not compatible with general safety". Apologies if it wasnt Neal, but he is the default offender in BTCC! There were dozens of bangs, taps, spins etc and I really don't see why these should be picked out the crowd.
It was Neal, and as much as I can't stand him, it wasn't really his fault, just a racing incident. The pack was close, Jelly moved across a bit, as may have Neal, and it just sent Jelly off. Vaulkhard didn't even have a gap against Gio, he just bounced over the kerbs and into him, so I'm glad he got a penalty. I think overall it was fairly clean.

I thought Neal was a bit out of order when Turkington took him in either race 2 or 3, Turkington lined him up for most of the lap, and then just managed to out break him into McLeans and slide down the inside without any contact. Then Neal just hit the back of Turkingtons car, and because of RWD he had to get off the throttle and lost time all down the back straight.
Old 19 May 2009, 09:36 (Ref:2465021)   #66
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neal does that a lot. Just a little nudge to force the other car to lose momentum, then pull off what looks like a clean pass. Makes for good viewing, but it's just not racing! My brother spoke to Andrew Jordan at a rallycross meeting recently and commented on Neal's overtaking manoeuvres; Jordan just diplomatically laughed.

I agree re the Vaulkhard incident, it was completely out of order and deserved a penalty. But we had the Jonny Adam move vs Plato in the 3rd round at Brands, which saw a 4 second penalty (an arbitrary amount just to demote to 2nd) and then this move gets a monetary fine and 3 points; meaning 3 more and you lose your licence and stump up £1000. If a time penalty in this race would have been ineffective (eg Jordan in race 2 went off anyway) then keep it consistent and time penalty/grid penalty next race. Why change tact halfway through the season!?

As an aside, can someone tell me why the fine is in Euros, when it is the British Touring Car Championship; seems daft to have to convert to pounds etc.
Old 19 May 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2465034)   #67
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, the majority in Europe does not use pounds
Old 19 May 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2465045)   #68
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's poor journalism really. The fine was in pounds and should have been stated as such, just as I'd expect to see a fine from Japan in Yen or USA in dollars with the equivalent in euros or whatever in brackets.
Old 19 May 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2465108)   #69
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Poor journalism? Haha, you are just too much Alfa Fan...
Old 19 May 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2465131)   #70
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor journalism to Johan Meissner...? Well, no comment, it speaks for itself...
Old 21 May 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2466362)   #71
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
TouringCarTimes.com has received reports that Racing Silverline/RML are planning a third Chevrolet Lacetti for the British Touring Car Championship race at Oulton Park. James Nash is rumored to be up for the drive.
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3505

The reasonably priced car gets popular.
Old 21 May 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2466562)   #72
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"TouringCarTimes.com has received reports that Racing Silverline/RML are planning a third Chevrolet Lacetti for the British Touring Car Championship race at Oulton Park. James Nash is rumored to be up for the drive."

LOL. By 'received reports' does that mean they merely picked up a copy of Motorsport News this week and read the same story?
Old 21 May 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2466611)   #73
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Nope, Mr touring fan01, but they surely beat us to publish it.
Old 21 May 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2466653)   #74
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was amazed to see how many cars failed the ride height during qualifying?

Plus the fines handed out during the meeting.
Old 22 May 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2466990)   #75
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's all gone a bit quiet on the CWCZR with CVR front hasn't it? I can't find any press releases from them regarding Donington Park.