Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jul 2023, 07:40 (Ref:4166922)   #1
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheese RSC23 R6 Townsville 500

Migrating to the tropical north once again, the Supercar circus arrives in Townsville.

Will NASCAR Shane give the boys a lesson on the street circuit?

Will Ford get a victory in the tropical north?
Old 6 Jul 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4166935)   #2
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
I'm not a fan of street circuits but it will be interesting to see if the Ford teams lift with the latest changes on board.......practice #1 starts at !0:10 Thursday I think.
Old 7 Jul 2023, 08:06 (Ref:4167025)   #3
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Wilbur have the baby capsule strapped in for practice?
Old 8 Jul 2023, 00:58 (Ref:4167117)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When will 888 give Mr Van Gisbergen a new chassis?
Two events.. vibrations and wobbles still in place..
Odd..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Jul 2023, 04:12 (Ref:4167129)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
When will 888 give Mr Van Gisbergen a new chassis?
Two events.. vibrations and wobbles still in place..
Odd..
Did anyone else see the clip with Mr van Gisbergen taking Jack Miller for a hot lap?

Mr Van Gisbergen asks Mr Miller if he is comfortable.. Mr Miller replies in the affirmative, and Mr van Gisbergen states immediately “I’m not”…

Hmmmm..
Old 8 Jul 2023, 05:22 (Ref:4167133)   #6
numbnuts
Rookie

numbnuts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After svgs huge weekend in america imagine the thousands who search yt to see him in action this weekend only to be disappointed by the pathetic 2 minute "highlight" we get .
Nice job supercars .
Old 8 Jul 2023, 07:02 (Ref:4167139)   #7
Kingair
Veteran

Mostert P1 in class, comment of the day!
Old 8 Jul 2023, 08:27 (Ref:4167153)   #8
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Commentators raving on how great it looks when Mostert is sliding the car, what uses up tyres fast? I don't remember Mostert ever being a great tyre conservationist, or Waters for that matter.
Old 8 Jul 2023, 08:38 (Ref:4167155)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Out of curiosity - is this event called the 'Hot Topic Townsville 500', or has the thread been given both the title and tag of 'Hot Topic'?
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.PNG  
Old 8 Jul 2023, 09:20 (Ref:4167158)   #10
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Mostert P1 in class, comment of the day!
Other than one Bathurst when was the last time he was P1 in last generation car?

He and Waters also whined non stop about how SVG could make tyres last.

I don't know why the issues with tyre life have to be blamed in parity.
Old 8 Jul 2023, 09:53 (Ref:4167160)   #11
Ares
Racer

I have never rated either Mostert or Waters, the latter may step up one day? I think Mostert is starting to get into the has been stage really. Young guys are coming through now, and this guy has never really put it together. I don't know his age, all I know is he's been around a longtime. I'm not rubbishing the guy, he can be as fast as anyone on his day, just doesn't have enough days. The Bathurst crash put him back.
Old 8 Jul 2023, 12:59 (Ref:4167183)   #12
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did anyone else see the clip with Mr van Gisbergen taking Jack Miller for a hot lap?

Mr Van Gisbergen asks Mr Miller if he is comfortable.. Mr Miller replies in the affirmative, and Mr van Gisbergen states immediately “I’m not”…

Hmmmm..
Dont sweat the small stuff
Old 8 Jul 2023, 22:01 (Ref:4167266)   #13
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Dont sweat the small stuff
Like being able to fit in the car.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 00:57 (Ref:4167279)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
25th in today’s qually will not make Mr Van Gisbergen a happy camper..

Could become drive of the century..
Old 9 Jul 2023, 01:22 (Ref:4167281)   #15
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
25th in today’s qually will not make Mr Van Gisbergen a happy camper..

Could become drive of the century..
With the camaro's better rear tyre life he'll still be at the pointy end at the finish.

To have any chance in today's race the Ford teams will have to go for a 3 stop strategy.

Last edited by bluesport; 9 Jul 2023 at 01:42.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 04:08 (Ref:4167285)   #16
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Can Cam get that win. I hope so.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 04:09 (Ref:4167286)   #17
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
NOTE:

NO MORE DRIFTING BEFORE QUALI - TICK
Old 9 Jul 2023, 07:06 (Ref:4167291)   #18
Kingair
Veteran

Interesting pit incident with Mr Slade’s crew.

SVG didn’t look like a happy camper, NASCAR in 2024?
Old 9 Jul 2023, 07:23 (Ref:4167293)   #19
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
SVG didn’t look like a happy camper, NASCAR in 2024?
I love how the Ford drivers, even when they can pass cars and get to the podium, are still crapping on as if driving the Camaro is just a Sunday drive.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 07:30 (Ref:4167298)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Van Gisbergen went from the back to nearly the podium... some Camaros are pretty good...
Old 9 Jul 2023, 07:53 (Ref:4167303)   #21
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Mr Van Gisbergen went from the back to nearly the podium... some Camaros are pretty good...
His car was not nice from his radio chat, he just drives around a bad car better than most. And doesn't just give it away when things haven't gone his way.

Mostert out after only two laps of the race after hitting the wall hard in the TTS. Nothing to do with hitting the wall they say? Did they swap out the rack???
Old 9 Jul 2023, 07:54 (Ref:4167304)   #22
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
No doubt some Mustangs are too, but instead of appreciating what they have they make the snide "second class citizen" remarks, and as far as I am concerned, Chaz is done.

I was always a fan even when he was in a Ford, but he's just another ****** now.

If he battled his ass off for 11th, he might have an argument, but he ragged the car up to 3rd on a slick track, and I think he is just complaining for no reason.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 08:18 (Ref:4167308)   #23
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Despite having a vastly superior tyre bank Anton was still under pressure in Race #17
to secure Ford's first win of the season against a gaggle of camaros headed by Kostecki and it appears that more aero adjustments need to be made to the Mustang to level playing field.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 08:40 (Ref:4167311)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The PremiAir mob dodged a potential monumental accident when they pushed Mr Slades car into the fast lane while Mr LeBrocq came in for his stop!

People and cars and equipment everywhere... WOW!
Suspended fine probably the response