Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 9 May 2022, 07:03 (Ref:4109336)   #26
RichP
Rookie

RichP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, just tried the link myself, only problem now is it won't let you select just one ticket - cannot see any T&C's that say you have to buy a pair to get the earlier bird discount.

Has anyone managed to purchase for just 1 person?

I did read somewhere that the early bird deal is for a minimum of two tickets (can't remember where though - sorry)
Old 9 May 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4109357)   #27
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I booked two so can't help with that, also didn't see anything about two tickets minimum though.
Old 9 May 2022, 17:37 (Ref:4109446)   #28
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP View Post
Thanks, just tried the link myself, only problem now is it won't let you select just one ticket - cannot see any T&C's that say you have to buy a pair to get the earlier bird discount.

Has anyone managed to purchase for just 1 person?

I did read somewhere that the early bird deal is for a minimum of two tickets (can't remember where though - sorry)
Thank you both - I couldn't see it anywhere in the Lydden Facebook post for the link, that the offer was only on two or more tickets - but that does seem to be the case.
Old 9 May 2022, 18:17 (Ref:4109454)   #29
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really need more info and actual facts before I take the plunge and buy a ticket. Their website is quite underwhelming with little news for this year, and the driver lists are last years. Their Facebook and Twitter sites are just full of self penned marketing blurb with no actual event information.

With little over a month to go the lack of news is surprising so does anyone have any solid info (not guess work) on who and what will be racing beyond Bennett, Button?
Old 10 May 2022, 08:48 (Ref:4109506)   #30
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
With little over a month to go the lack of news is surprising so does anyone have any solid info (not guess work) on who and what will be racing beyond Bennett, Button?
Pastrana and Conner Martell are driving for VSC. He's not been announced yet, but given how involved he's been with testing etc. I'd be surprised if Bakkerud isn't at the event in some capacity
Old 10 May 2022, 10:41 (Ref:4109516)   #31
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Couple of my mates are thinking along the same lines as you: they are interested in going, but reluctant to plan a trip given the lack of solid information.

This article talked about teams, but that is nearly a year old now. Not great when the "latest" information on team entries is an article that is almost a year old and from an external site.

That article, plus what we know now:

Vermont SportsCar - Travis Pastrana and Conner Martell
Gronholm RX -
Dreyer & Reinbold Racing -
Olsbergs MSE -
XiTE Racing - Oliver Bennett and Jensen Button
Good Times Racing -
? -

Sure it was reported 16 FC1-X were being built, so assume at least two per team.
Old 10 May 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4109587)   #32
chasing cars
Racer

Thanks for the info Snoody and tbtstt, still not sure, could be one of those things where if I buy a ticket I might feel robbed but if I don't may really regret it.

The fact they're putting out so little info whilst the tickets are cheaper makes me think they haven't got much of a product to sell but then again could be waiting till they're full price before making all the big announcements. What to do???
Old 10 May 2022, 17:36 (Ref:4109591)   #33
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The fact they're putting out so little info whilst the tickets are cheaper makes me think they haven't got much of a product to sell but then again could be waiting till they're full price before making all the big announcements. What to do???
I am only an hour away from Lydden so I think it is worth a punt, but if you are a long distance away and have to make a weekend trip of it, it does seem a bit more of a gamble at present.

With a month to go seeing some more names confirmed for the main class would definitely instil a bit more confidence, plus seeing more on the support would be good as well.

I do note that the NRX website has had a minor update (calendar has been refreshed), so that is something. Still a chronic lack of news updates on there though. For all the critique of World RX last year (and the woeful lack of accuracy in some of the social media posts), they were still consistently adding articles to the website.
Old 18 May 2022, 17:09 (Ref:4110483)   #34
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Andreas Bakkerud and Robin Larsson signed with JC Raceteknik (under the Monster banner) for the electric class...

...no sign of Liam though? Sticking with Supercar for 2022?
Old 18 May 2022, 17:29 (Ref:4110488)   #35
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
In a way, I hope Liam sticks with Supercar, if only to give it some depth. Obviously not that long until Lydden and still not much in the way of info about who's turning up. Hopefully we'll at least see a decent crop of wildcards
Old 19 May 2022, 08:14 (Ref:4110540)   #36
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
In a way, I hope Liam sticks with Supercar, if only to give it some depth. Obviously not that long until Lydden and still not much in the way of info about who's turning up. Hopefully we'll at least see a decent crop of wildcards
Feature up on the Monster Energy website:

Monster Energy - RX Cartel Shock to the System

Which includes a quote from Liam:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Doran
Nitro and electric looks insane this year, and I know Andreas and Robin are going to slay. I’m not ready to make the move yet - and have unfinished business with my ‘older’ race cars. We’ve got some big plans for this year and beyond, which I’m excited to share.
Saw a short (rather cringe-inducing) video on the RX Cartel Instagram page where Liam talks with the hillclimb RS200 in the background, so could he be doing Pikes Peak? (could be a good year to try it if Block is showing up in his new Porsche)

Hopefully a season in the Audi S1, was painful seeing that car (and the other EKS cars) getting trashed on the NRX circuits last year.
Old 25 May 2022, 07:35 (Ref:4111230)   #37
Sarge
Rookie

England
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Sarge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So here we are less than 4 weeks out from Lydden and still no news beyond March’s calendar announcement.

As it stands it’s looking like two days of watching Bennet and Button.

Anyone heard anything further? I’m currently paying £22 per car…. ??
Old 25 May 2022, 07:43 (Ref:4111233)   #38
RichP
Rookie

RichP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bakkerud and Larsson in the RX Cartel cars as well, so £11 per car!
Old 25 May 2022, 13:05 (Ref:4111278)   #39
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confirmed numbers:

6 Group E (Bennett, Button, Bakkerud, Larson, Pastrana, Martel)
0 Supercars
1 NRX NEXT (Ahlin-kottulinsky)
0 Crosscar

There will be more announcements shortly, expect a few British RX in Supercar and potentially quite a few crosscars. However, right now it's looking pretty bleak
Old 25 May 2022, 14:05 (Ref:4111290)   #40
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
That's not looking like a 'must see' event is it? Especially spread over 2 days. They really need to put out some more details of what's happening.
Old 25 May 2022, 19:56 (Ref:4111329)   #41
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think it will be fine. I’m confident there will be a good entry
Old 25 May 2022, 21:33 (Ref:4111332)   #42
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
Think it will be fine. I’m confident there will be a good entry
I hope so, got a couple of mates who have now booked something else that weekend due to the lack of news: I suspect they aren't the only ones.

If they have good entry numbers why on earth are they not letting people know?

Been trying to find a contact at NRX, but no one has answered any address I have emailed yet.
Old 26 May 2022, 14:13 (Ref:4111393)   #43
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
For European rounds would it not be smarter to team up with local series? So for the UK round: Nitro Group E + NEXT & round for the British championship.
Old 30 May 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4112017)   #44
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Kris Meeke will be subbing for Jenson Button at Lydden (and the rounds in Sweden and Saudi Arabia). Whilst there's no doubt Kris is a good driver (arguably better for rallycross than Jenson?) he's not at the same level in terms of 'big name' is he? So the Lydden event has lost it's biggest pull for any casual fans. Is there any other news yet?
Old 30 May 2022, 10:57 (Ref:4112022)   #45
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
That's not looking like a 'must see' event is it? Especially spread over 2 days. They really need to put out some more details of what's happening.
At least each day is effectively a separate event, although any big damage on day 1 could limit the field even more. Edit: Just read properly (tired N24 brain) only Lites and Crosscar are two events

From the Lydden website looks like with have the electric class, Supercar class, Lites and crosscar
Old 30 May 2022, 19:39 (Ref:4112130)   #46
chasing cars
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
At least each day is effectively a separate event, although any big damage on day 1 could limit the field even more.
Makes it even more bazaar that day tickets are as yet not available to buy. I'm guessing that if ticket sales are low then they might make them available on a day basis at the gate but again because of the lack of news from Nitro then we are just guessing.
Old 31 May 2022, 07:41 (Ref:4112175)   #47
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Still haven't sorted camping either, according to Lydden it's in the hands of Nitro who are trying to sort it. I always assumed this would be something the venue sorted (certainly seemed to be for World RX), would make more sense seeing as they know the area and companies to deal with for stuff like security and toilets etc.
Old 5 Jun 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4112961)   #48
Sarge
Rookie

England
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Sarge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Less than two weeks out from Lydden and still barely any published details for the event.

Am I missing something?….
Old 6 Jun 2022, 08:07 (Ref:4113141)   #49
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Less than two weeks out from Lydden and still barely any published details for the event.

Am I missing something?….
If there's any more information out there we're all missing it! I've made the decision now to not go - I need to pick and choose weekends out so I'm not taking the risk on this one.
Old 7 Jun 2022, 08:38 (Ref:4113380)   #50
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like they might restricting access so general admission can't get to the corner at the bottom of the hill (Paddock? can't remember the names), which would suck as that's best place to watch IMO. The rest of the track still has good viewing but not huge depth (e.g if you're not front two rows it becomes a bit more tricky).

Also still no detail about camping, which is pretty poor. And the track map refers to paddock concessions activations, would be a huge shame if we can't wander the paddock as that's one of the things I've always liked about Lydden. It's almost getting to the point where I decide to write off the £38 or whatever I've already spent on tickets and save the fuel, camping and food costs