Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Jun 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4113388)   #51
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Looks like they might restricting access so general admission can't get to the corner at the bottom of the hill (Paddock? can't remember the names)
Yeah, that's Paddock. Definitely be a shame if that is out of bounds, as it is a good spot.

Quote:
Also still no detail about camping, which is pretty poor.
Sure I saw an email yesterday (I think from Ticketmaster) mentioning that camping tickets are now on sale, not sure if there is further information on their site now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
If there's any more information out there we're all missing it! I've made the decision now to not go - I need to pick and choose weekends out so I'm not taking the risk on this one.
Quote:
It's almost getting to the point where I decide to write off the £38 or whatever I've already spent on tickets and save the fuel, camping and food costs
Don't think you are alone on this, as I have seen a few comments on FB and the like with people saying similar.

There is a segment on the website about "on-day" tickets which some are reading as "one day" tickets, but I still don't think that is the case. It all seems rather disjointed thus far, but I hope they turn it around in the next fortnight.

I saw entry lists for the Crosscar (10 drivers) and Next (8 drivers) floating about on FB yesterday, so hopefully those drivers will all be present at Lydden.
Old 7 Jun 2022, 10:31 (Ref:4113392)   #52
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Sure I saw an email yesterday (I think from Ticketmaster) mentioning that camping tickets are now on sale, not sure if there is further information on their site now?
I checked the Ticketmaster link earlier and couldn't see anything. Have tweeted Nitro asking why they haven't got their s**t together (in slightly more polite language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
There is a segment on the website about "on-day" tickets which some are reading as "one day" tickets, but I still don't think that is the case. It all seems rather disjointed thus far, but I hope they turn it around in the next fortnight.
Seems to me that most of the issue is the greed of keeping ticket sales instead of letting the local promoter/track sort it out. Unless I'm mistaken, Lydden managed pretty well organising the WRX events (other than traffic getting back out). Things like references to RV parking rather than camping on Nitro website just shows how there's a culture difference.
Old 7 Jun 2022, 22:16 (Ref:4113477)   #53
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see after the great work they did on Chessons and the great racing it gave that it has now been changed again with the track going in field to what I have heard is to be the jump. I really hope this is just for Nitro, I know the jump wouldnt get used but making it more twisty is not what Lydden is about.

As for the bottom of the hill not being open it lost the appeal to me when they put that big fence up but what it does mean other parts of the circuit will become more congested. Question has to be is why is it not open?

Getting more worried that this event could do Lydden and rallycross more harm than good. Still not decided if I'm going, still need more news on the entry. Last week the Lydden fb site teased with a big announcement coming, they had better do it quick and needs to be more than just 1 or 2 names.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 17:49 (Ref:4113612)   #54
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Camping and single day tickets apparently available from tomorrow. Not sure I'm going to bother now tbh, the track change looks nadgery and looks like they've taken out an overtaking spot into Devil's Elbow just so they could shoehorn a jump in.

Also seems that paddock access and viewing from Paddock are included in GA tickets, confirmed by Lydden.

Last edited by SnoodyMcFlude; 8 Jun 2022 at 18:11.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 08:21 (Ref:4113682)   #55
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
I see after the great work they did on Chessons and the great racing it gave that it has now been changed again with the track going in field to what I have heard is to be the jump. I really hope this is just for Nitro, I know the jump wouldnt get used but making it more twisty is not what Lydden is about.
If that route is staying I can't imagine the jump will be permanent, as they surely won't be expected all the national classes to use it?

The revised Chessons worked well for the BTRDA round, but the "new" Chessons/Dover Slope merge was great for spectators as well, so it is a shame to see that gone already. I actually thought they might have two routes on the exit of Chessons, as that has obviously been a thing with Nitro in the past, but it seems not.

Less than two weeks now and it does seem awfully quiet. I was hopeful for a good turnout of Supercars but I have only seen two (McConnell and Flitney) saying they will be there.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 16:56 (Ref:4113781)   #56
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'll be surprised if Liam doesn't throw his hat in the ring, he's said that he has unfinished business in Supercar and it doesn't come much more home track than Lydden for him!

Few more images on Facebook look a bit more promising and camping finally available at a reasonable price of £20 each. Thinking we may give it a go now that we know paddock access and camping is basically same as previously, mostly it's an excuse to spend a weekend with the old man drinking beer and watching cars do things, then wandering around a paddock causing mischief
Old 9 Jun 2022, 18:15 (Ref:4113812)   #57
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
I'll be surprised if Liam doesn't throw his hat in the ring, he's said that he has unfinished business in Supercar and it doesn't come much more home track than Lydden for him!
I really hope he is back again in the Audi S1 this year. It was great to see him behind the wheel of that car again at the close of the 2020 season and I'd love to see an S1 (or two) back at Lydden.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 21:56 (Ref:4114108)   #58
chasing cars
Racer

Day tickets finally available at £30 each day plus a £3.85 "handling" fee. Now need to see an entry list.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4115540)   #59
Sarge
Rookie

England
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Sarge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still no entry list or substantial announcement.

What sort of crowd are they hoping for with this level of pre-event comms?!
Old 14 Jun 2022, 13:02 (Ref:4115545)   #60
chasing cars
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Still no entry list or substantial announcement.

What sort of crowd are they hoping for with this level of pre-event comms?!
Probably hoping for a big crowd! Also there are people who get sucked in by all those short marketing hype videos put out on Facebook.
It's not so much how many they get this year but more about those who go back should they have it again.
I see from the little information available the gates don't open until 11am on Sunday with racing finishing by 4pm. Assuming racing doesn't start for at least an hour that's a maximum of 4 hours racing, again not suggesting a big entry.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 15:44 (Ref:4115584)   #61
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I see from the little information available the gates don't open until 11am on Sunday with racing finishing by 4pm. Assuming racing doesn't start for at least an hour that's a maximum of 4 hours racing, again not suggesting a big entry.
Yep - there'll be nothing on track before midday on a Sunday so they've got to fit all of the days racing into 4 hours. Assuming it's the same entry on Saturday there's going to be a lot of 'dead' time in the schedule. I suppose they'll run some free practice sessions on Saturday before the actual competitive sessions.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 16:58 (Ref:4115590)   #62
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would go with an entry of:

Group E: 9 as listed on the Nitro site
Cross Car: 10 as listed on the Nitro site
Next Drivers: 8 as listed on the Nitro site

Plus
Super Retro: 10 cars
Super cars: 10 cars (Those who can afford the $5000 entry fee)
Old 14 Jun 2022, 17:04 (Ref:4115594)   #63
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know they're adding some Retro demonstration runs/races. Even so I'm only expecting 45 cars total at most across the 4 Nitro classes plus retro.

They'll be about 25-30 races each day plus practice. On Saturday most of those races will be the 2 car battle brackets for Group E & Supercar. Crosscar and NEXT have finals on each day

edit:
Didn't see you already posted AlamakiRX. Those numbers look about right except Supercar, 10 is way too high or maybe I'm being pessimistic.

Last edited by MissClarrpz; 14 Jun 2022 at 17:11.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 19:01 (Ref:4115630)   #64
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yeah looks like it'll be a crappy entry, but I found the battle brackets fairly entertaining last season so hopefully they throw up some good interest
Old 15 Jun 2022, 16:59 (Ref:4115773)   #65
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nathan Heathcote confirmed in Rosie for the retro demo, and looks like Patrick O in the Fiesta too. RX Cartel have done something with Liam on Instagram where he swears a lot, so he might be turning up in supercar too.

Thinking about the track, didn't look like there's an alternative line for NRX/retro etc. so expecting high attrition if they're doing the jump...although suppose it's not too different in size to the Silverstone one
Old 15 Jun 2022, 20:17 (Ref:4115809)   #66
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tristan Ovenden now mentioned on the Nitro Rallycross instagram page.... so is that 3 Supercars confirmed or have I missed any announcements?
Fraser McConnell
Patrick O Donovan
Tristan Ovenden

So are we looking at roughly 6 races for Crosscar and Next each day?
Say 2 heats of 4 or 5 cars, 2 Semi's, 1 Last Chance and 1 Final?

In their TV deal with peacock they mention almost 80hrs for the season, so that implies 4 hrs per day. How long do the group E take to recharge? Guess if you qualify for the final they only do 3 races in that 4 hrs, 4 if they qualify through the last chance on the Sunday?

Last edited by Stephen H; 15 Jun 2022 at 20:27.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 13:26 (Ref:4115891)   #67
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
How long do the group E take to recharge?
Don't know but I think the batteries are a fairly easy 'drop & swap' judging by one of the videos I saw yesterday, so possibly will have two charging and two in the car.

Dan Rooke apparently with some exciting news shortly, involving back on track, so could be an entry. Also from Coley's instagram stories a mention of "there's OC.." and then it cut off But I guess he was about to say OC Veiby seeing as there was Bauhaus written on the car.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 13:35 (Ref:4115894)   #68
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
This has been a pretty shambolic event so far - so little information so close to the event really doesn't inspire confidence. I hope those of you going enjoy it though - don't forget to post photos
Old 16 Jun 2022, 13:57 (Ref:4115897)   #69
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was a reply from a media friend whose their now. No Liam sadly. I asked how many supercars

Barrie Morris There was about 5 today but it's only the media day. I've never seen so many people working there getting things ready. There must be 50 or more Americans working on stages all around the circuit. There is a new, maybe temporary PA system been put in. The paddock area has never been so busy either getting things ready. World RX was never this busy.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4115901)   #70
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
There's a lot of Scandinavian drivers. Maybe not as many as we would like, but the quality is brilliant. I would say the slowest lap time, would be on par with the fastest we have seen at Lydden.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 16:43 (Ref:4115917)   #71
chasing cars
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
There's a lot of Scandinavian drivers. Maybe not as many as we would like, but the quality is brilliant. I would say the slowest lap time, would be on par with the fastest we have seen at Lydden.
Aren't they the drivers we already know about in NEXT? Or names that haven't been announced?
As far as lap times are concerned, completely irrelevant as its a totally different layout!
Old 16 Jun 2022, 17:07 (Ref:4115923)   #72
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Veiby in the Polo
Old 16 Jun 2022, 17:42 (Ref:4115926)   #73
chasing cars
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
Veiby in the Polo
Ah OK, according to Nitro was the 10th and final entry in group E so is he in both?
Old 16 Jun 2022, 17:46 (Ref:4115928)   #74
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Quote:
Ah OK, according to Nitro was the 10th and final entry in group E so is he in both?
Not sure. This is what I’m getting back from a friend.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 18:21 (Ref:4115936)   #75
chasing cars
Racer

Finally some info, Lydden are saying the gates open at 8am on Saturday and 11am on Sunday with day tickets on the gate available for £35 which is only just over £1 more than advanced tickets if you take booking fees into account.
Will probably wait to see the final entry list and see if any drop out on the Saturday then decide Saturday night if it's worth going to on the Sunday.