Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Sep 2022, 10:19 (Ref:4124459)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2022/23 circuit rally championship

The organisers of the recent MSVR/ MSN circuit rally championships announced a few weeks ago that the championship is taking a break for the 22/23 winter season, although the individual events will still run.

In its place the individual event organisers and clubs have got together to announce that they will, instead, collectively run a circuit rally championship with 6 events from 9 to count, to include events at Oulton Park, Donington Park, Cadwell Park, Anglesey, Snetterton and Brands Hatch etc

See here: https://www.circuitrally.co.uk

This is nothing to do with me, I am merely posting the information, although I hope to do a couple/3 of the events but time/ finances/ etc will tell.

Please let’s not let this degenerate in to a “it’s not proper rallying” thread, it’s a format that has its place and is quite popular. No one will try to tell you it’s a good alternative to the national asphalt series or the British rally championship or the BRTDA championships but it attracts a good range of cars from R5s to historics, is spectator and competitor friendly and good value. I have found the events ideal to enter from a novice point of view.

I understand that full details of regs and class structure etc etc are still being sorted but will be announced as soon as possible.
Old 1 Sep 2022, 10:37 (Ref:4124462)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Not sure if I'll get out on any of these but they're good fun, an easy way in for novice crews, good for the service crews (they actually get to see some competitive action) and generally a good day out.
Old 1 Sep 2022, 10:44 (Ref:4124464)   #3
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Not sure if I'll get out on any of these but they're good fun, an easy way in for novice crews, good for the service crews (they actually get to see some competitive action) and generally a good day out.
Absolutely agree.
Good for “novice” rally spectators, too, as the circuits have facilities that many rally venues don’t!
The rally at Oulton Park also has a bit more of a family feel to it as well, as usually combined with Bonfire Night fireworks.