Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 2 Sep 2020, 05:47 (Ref:3999547)   #226
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
NGTC is better than TCR for sure. I wonder if there's any data about spendings in WTCR and BTCC. I won't be surprised if "cost effective" racing is more expensive. And I would be amazed if Berger and ITR adopt NGTC - it's not "Premium" enough for marketing departments.
At least when it comes to buying the car itself, TCR is considerably cheaper than NGTC, with the former coming in at around 130000, whereas the cost of a new NGTC is reported to be at around 200000, in other words 100000 more than the TCR.

The big advantage of NGTC over TCR is the spec-running gear, which allows teams to adapt pretty much any car for NGTC without having to do much R&D for things such as suspension geometry, whereas each TCR model has its own bespoke suspension design. And since manufacturers are just better at developing these kind of things or can at least throw more money at it, they invariably come out on top, which results in huge fleets of Hyundais and little else.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 08:03 (Ref:3999558)   #227
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think, Japanese SuperGT is different due to different japanese attitudes. I believe, that these manufacturers can't refuse to be in SuperGT, even if it doesn't help with sales figures.

Its kind of "loosing face"...

Sure, NGTC is at first more expensive than WTCR, but maybe more interesting due to "building their own car" and have more possibilties to improve it.

Maybe many brands in WTCR sell the car cheaper than it is and try to earn the missing money by selling spare parts...
Old 19 Sep 2020, 17:08 (Ref:4004111)   #228
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interested even more so in how DTM pans out in 2021 after todays announcement

Audi & BMW supporting future GT based direction but not clear to what extent, with BMW at least not keen to commit any funding to a very outdated GT3 model

Berger also said other manufacturers interested in joining in some way.

Id quite enjoy one hour sprint races, single driver, all pro, tire pit stops.

I dont necessarily think the Gt3s need ramping up if they are just a short term solution.

There is currently nowhere on the world you can see a pro only field of GT drivers compete in GTs in a sprint format with DTM quality production.