Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Sep 2020, 10:35 (Ref:4002106)   #1
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F2 Mugello

Mick Schumacher takes the championship lead after race 1, and Juri Vips finally gets some points!

But why has Tsunoda been called into the pits in race 2? His tyres more than make up for that front wing...
Old 13 Sep 2020, 14:22 (Ref:4002168)   #2
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Mick Schumacher takes the championship lead after race 1, and Juri Vips finally gets some points!

But why has Tsunoda been called into the pits in race 2? His tyres more than make up for that front wing...
No idea. Very strange weekend imo.

Notice Ticktum got abused all over social media for his radio messages again, personally I didn’t think they were that bad, hear the same stuff from other drivers every weekend
Old 13 Sep 2020, 22:21 (Ref:4002318)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
No idea. Very strange weekend imo.

Notice Ticktum got abused all over social media for his radio messages again, personally I didn’t think they were that bad, hear the same stuff from other drivers every weekend
Dear god he does bang on a bit!!
Old 13 Sep 2020, 22:30 (Ref:4002324)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Lundgard was really back on it this weekend. He's given himself a good chance in the title fight.

Micky Schu is getting the consistency he needs now.
Shwartzman had a shocker!
Ilott managed to get plenty of points but he just can't seem to get a clean race at the mo!

Last edited by chunterer; 15 Sep 2020 at 11:16.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 05:27 (Ref:4002361)   #5
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Micky Schu is getting the consistency he needs now.
Shwartzman had a shocker!
You’d almost think somebody wants Mick to win it this year and Robert to do another year in F2.

Old 14 Sep 2020, 07:47 (Ref:4002372)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Mick's really looking good, he needs to keep this consistency up to the end
Old 14 Sep 2020, 08:07 (Ref:4002381)   #7
RobertJones74
Rookie

RobertJones74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll see how that goes, but I only hope Mick won't have any facilitation being the son of Michael. I'm not a fan of these 'connections', because there might be better drivers that are not descendant of previous great drivers.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 22:17 (Ref:4002515)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJones74 View Post
We'll see how that goes, but I only hope Mick won't have any facilitation being the son of Michael. I'm not a fan of these 'connections', because there might be better drivers that are not descendant of previous great drivers.
Mick is probably not the quickest or toughest driver in what is an extremely competitive field this year.
However Shwartzman and Ilott seem intent on gifting it to him at the moment.

I still think Ilott will pull through this tricky patch where podiums keep eluding him. It's not like he's lost form.

Old 15 Sep 2020, 11:59 (Ref:4002583)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Looking at the field's stars and those who are perhaps not so...

Again, I have to say it is probably the most impressive entry in depth of quality so far with the current regs.

2018 was ace but this season it does seem like we have double the amount of potential stars than that great year.

Clearly the cream are towards the top of the table but consistency has blighted all of those I put in that basket.

Some other drivers have shown flashes of promise, and who knows in a year with less quick guys, this handful of drivers may have featured nearer the front more regularly. Suspect a good few of them will return in '21 and be challenging more regularly.

This does also have some relevance to team performance. ART are having one of their 'iffy' seasons which they seem to do every 3 or 4 years!
Lundgaard is now where he ought to be in the standings but Armstrong is surely better than he has been able to deliver so far.

Which drivers have stood out/or not for other tenthers?
Old 15 Sep 2020, 16:07 (Ref:4002621)   #10
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drugovich has been the surprising 'revelation' given his inexperience. Nikita Mazepin seems to be one of those guys who needs experience but once he gets up to speed is actually a handy peddler. Still, the same could be said of Jolyon Palmer or Rio Haryanto, even if the latter's F1 career was actually pretty solid imo. Yuki Tsunoda has also been impressive. Still, I think Lundgaard given his inexperience and Norris-esque rise up the ranks (until he was steamrollered by Prema in F3) put him right up there with Schwartzman.

Been disappointed with Zhou and Armstrong, the latter given where Schwartzman and Lundgaard are. Didn't expect a title shot from Ghiotto and not entirely sure what Markelov is doing. Daruvala is where I expected him to be though. Same with Ticktum.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 23:36 (Ref:4003311)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

I don't see Mazepin as anything special. He's been highly touted by people like Peter Windsor, but seems even more hotheaded than Ticktum.

Zhou has shown tremendous pace but just needs to put the full race together.