Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Feb 2003, 21:20 (Ref:501789)   #1
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
ascarracinguk wins Trophy!

At the Oulton Park training day on Saturday ascarracinguk was presented with the Ken Finney Trophy for 'most improved marshal of the year'.

Well done!
Old 10 Feb 2003, 08:01 (Ref:502065)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
yes thanks for that dave. now you can all neal down infront of me like god and praise my superior marshalling skills-
only jokin though. its been a great year and ive really enjoyed marshalling with you guys- and gals. jus wanna say thanks to all at the bmmc and heres to a great 2003 season

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 10 Feb 2003 at 08:09.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 08:08 (Ref:502068)   #3
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
question though- who was ken finney

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 10 Feb 2003 at 08:09.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 11:06 (Ref:502172)   #4
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ascarracinguk
question though- who was ken finney
I don't know either - I've only been marshalling for two years but I'm sure that either Flagman or Observer will be able to tell us and perhaps relate an amusing story or two about him.

Old 10 Feb 2003, 11:51 (Ref:502208)   #5
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ken Finnie was a larger-than-life and enourmously popular member of the BMMC NW region until his untimely death two or three years ago.
Ken was Oulton Park's/Anglesey's Radio Controller (The best we have probably had - and that isn't meant to offend our current RC)
Ken was also one of the editors of the North region newsletter (Again one of the best - better than today's)
Ken was still only young when he sadly passed away.
Next time you're at Oulton, just ask someone to tell you who Ken Finnie was!!
It was agreed by the BMMC Northern Committee after his death that the award for best new marshals would be dedicated to his memory

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 10 Feb 2003 at 11:53.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 12:47 (Ref:502266)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

thanks for that- i didnt know him but he was obviously a great guy- can i just say that its nice there is a trophy for new comers- it make me feel a bit more at home, ive had quite an interesting year and left a few meetings feeling that i made a few mistakes but this makes me feel a bit better
Old 10 Feb 2003, 12:51 (Ref:502276)   #7
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We ALL make mistakes at some point in our marshalling lives - recognising them is the biggest step forward! Observers make the most mistakes - we just have a special gift that persuades others that it was their fault!
Congrats on the trophy - I missed the presentation as I was out in the foyer trying to find out where the presentation was taking place!!

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 10 Feb 2003 at 12:52.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 14:34 (Ref:502390)   #8
ascarracinguk
Veteran

lol thanks for that observer
Old 10 Feb 2003, 16:43 (Ref:502461)   #9
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We ALL make mistakes at some point in our marshalling lives
The day you think you have stopped making mistakes is the day to give up marshalling - 'cos at that point you have become a danger to yourself and others.

Last edited by Flagman; 10 Feb 2003 at 16:44.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 18:55 (Ref:502585)   #10
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We ALL make mistakes at some point in our marshalling lives
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The biggest mistake you can make is not asking a question. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask !!!

Never forget, hard as it is to imagine but........
we were ALL novices once!!
Not a pretty picture I know but true !!

Congratulations on your award ascarracinguk

p.s. I take it the beer's on you next time !!
Old 10 Feb 2003, 20:30 (Ref:502675)   #11
ascarracinguk
Veteran

thanks for all your comments guys
Old 10 Feb 2003, 20:56 (Ref:502700)   #12
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ps crazystu- i like your signiture by the way