Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jun 2003, 13:34 (Ref:640171)   #1
speedstar1000
Rookie

speedstar1000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where have all the old V8 Supercars gone?

Recent posts about the ENZED VK Group A Commodore have got me wondering about just where all the old V8 Supercar chassis have ended up. Am in the process of working through a big list and have been getting help from Noonz, (ex-Motorsport Newser Aaron Noonan) with a fair bit of his research but still filling some holes. Like the ex-Seton car running in the Victorian State Series in Sports Sedans - which one is that? SO many questions!!
Cmon, need info and help!!
Old 23 Jun 2003, 13:52 (Ref:640192)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the ex-Seton car in Sports Sedans is the car that Seton rolled in testing at Phillip Island in 2000, which forced him to miss the following round at Sandown.

From memory it was actually Crompton's car that Seton rolled.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 22:42 (Ref:640840)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its only the shell in Bob Gill's hands though isnt it, not the whole car?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Jun 2003, 02:32 (Ref:640970)   #4
speedstar1000
Rookie

No, no - there's an EL in the hands of Rod Smith. It's an ex-Seton car but don't know which one. The Gill car is indeed the ex-Seton Phillip Island crash car - am told it now has a 6 litre engine (which explains the bonnet scoop) but it looked like it had a 0.6 litre engine the way it performed at Sandown in 2002!!
Old 24 Jun 2003, 05:41 (Ref:641061)   #5
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glenns EB was sold to Claude Giorgi here in WA in 94ish, it was converted to EF or L spec, painted white and raced I think by Alan McCarthy for a while. Don't know what happend to it after that.

Another odd car made its way to WA in the hands of Pete Hanson, I believe this was the EL of Cat racing - Hanson was based around the corner from Cats original WA base. It was sold back over east but I can't remember who too.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 05:42 (Ref:641062)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Craig Bastian bought an ex-CAT car... painted it SBR blue however, maybe he hoped that would make it faster... and sponsored by OneTel...
Old 24 Jun 2003, 05:53 (Ref:641066)   #7
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Its only the shell in Bob Gill's hands though isnt it, not the whole car?
He has a fair portion of the car and runs it in the Sports Sedan races at Vic state rounds etc.Had it at the Plate race at PI also.He ended up with a lot of stuff and then got a well known V8 guy to put it all together.Plenty fast enough for Bob.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 06:14 (Ref:641076)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The splitter, wing and sideskirts make the car ineligible ofr sports sedand though dont they, unless they get modified??
Old 24 Jun 2003, 06:36 (Ref:641089)   #9
bondy_racing
Racer

Australia
Sydney,NSW,Australia
bondy_racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Conrod Kieron
Glenns EB was sold to Claude Giorgi here in WA in 94ish, it was converted to EF or L spec, painted white and raced I think by Alan McCarthy for a while. Don't know what happend to it after that.

Another odd car made its way to WA in the hands of Pete Hanson, I believe this was the EL of Cat racing - Hanson was based around the corner from Cats original WA base. It was sold back over east but I can't remember who too.
yeah your right then after that charles ryman bought it and raced it or awhile
#28 Arrow Australia, Hurst Race Engines, Kart One Racing, Sik-Fx Helmet Painting
Old 24 Jun 2003, 07:21 (Ref:641120)   #10
speedstar1000
Rookie

But anybody know just which one the ROd SMith car is?
The Giorgi car ended up getting destroyed in a practice crash at Lakeside in the hands of Ryman.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 11:26 (Ref:641309)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by speedstar1000
am told it now has a 6 litre engine (which explains the bonnet scoop) but it looked like it had a 0.6 litre engine the way it performed at Sandown in 2002!!
Would the 6 litre be a Chevy, rather than a Ford? One of the Falcon Sports Sedans in NSW (would it be Barry Jameson's old one, prior to upgrading to the Jag) ran with a chevy engine rather than the Ford.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 12:18 (Ref:641390)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you'll find that most Falcon Sports Sedans run with Chevs. There are exceptions, like Phil Crompton and FalconEL
Old 24 Jun 2003, 22:42 (Ref:642070)   #13
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not V8 Supercars I know, but one of DJR's and Brocks's Mobil 1 Sierra appeared in WA around '94 running in State Sports Sedans I think. A lot of cars go west.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 24 Jun 2003, 23:32 (Ref:642115)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Trevor Hine has the DJR car, and Mike Steele the Brock Mobil car.... The original 05 Sierra is in NZ at the moment, for sale for 34000STG or something...
Old 25 Jun 2003, 07:18 (Ref:642287)   #15
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That DJR car was up for sale in, of all places, last month's edition of Unique Cars magazine! Which one is it, anyway?

BTW GTR, is the Brock Sierra the ex-Rouse TT-winner or the first Aussie-built 05?

Last edited by William Dale Jr; 25 Jun 2003 at 07:21.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 07:29 (Ref:642298)   #16
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The DJR Sierra that appeared in last month's unique Cars is on its way back to Qld.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 09:31 (Ref:642413)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I believe the car Bruce Miles has for sale in NZ is the first 05 Sierra Brock had here, as sourced from Andy Rouse. At the time it arrived in Australia, Brock announced it had been Rouse's own works car from the previous season, so presumably the TT car, while the 105 car, that Barry Sheene later wrote off in testing at Winton, was a customer car, and not the same chassis spec.

Who bought the DJR Sierra?? It looked interesting in the blood red DJR colours and the yellow bumpers
Old 25 Jun 2003, 12:09 (Ref:642560)   #18
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Any of the Brock built Australian Sierra's were just Rouse kit cars anyway weren't they, similiar to the way they built the Oxo cars in 1987.