Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3949249)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
HSCC BRANDS HATCH

Still the 'Superprix' to many, rather than 'the legends of' or whatever it will be called in 2020.... Why do names have to be changed?

Will include FJHRA races in 2020.
Old 30 May 2020, 17:32 (Ref:3979317)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have information on spectator attendance please?
Old 30 May 2020, 17:47 (Ref:3979321)   #3
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I believe the MSUK guidance says licenses will only be issued for July meetings if they are held behind closed doors.

I'm not expecting to see any motor racing in person in the UK until August and abroad until September (and I'm only 50:50 about those tbh).
Old 30 May 2020, 19:06 (Ref:3979331)   #4
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I believe the MSUK guidance says licenses will only be issued for July meetings if they are held behind closed doors.

I'm not expecting to see any motor racing in person in the UK until August and abroad until September (and I'm only 50:50 about those tbh).
I appreciate your optimism!
Old 17 Jun 2020, 08:31 (Ref:3982418)   #5
Clearways
Rookie

United Kingdom
West London
Clearways should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post

I still remain optimistic (and it appears MSV are too) that spectators will be allowed much sooner. Circuit racing venues are much more akin to zoos and parks than they are football stadiums. With these facilities already open and other leisure facilities set to reopen next month, let’s see what happens.

That said, given the fairly unique nature of circuit racing venues (I can’t think of many spectator sports venues that are similar) it probably needs the governing body and/or circuits to engage with government to make this happen.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3982451)   #6
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I share your optimism, there's nobody more capable of reinstating spectator attendance than Jonathan Palmer, let's hope MSV bang the drum loud enough!
Old 17 Jun 2020, 12:59 (Ref:3982469)   #7
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having attended this meeting for many years I can comment the number of spectators is not huge and trackside crowding would not be a problem even at 2m social distancing!

It's an outside venue with over 2 miles of viewing areas and can be controlled by advanced ticket sales only and can chose what areas to open for those attending.

Grandstands: could be closed or if open could manage social distancing.
Hailwoods and Kentagon: can operate as per High Street take aways.
The paddock: can be closed to spectators.
Toilets: are open in most coastal towns now and will have to be open for competitors.

MSV also have the ability to open for season ticket holders affording regular supporters the opportunity to attend thereby reducing credit against next years season ticket.

MSV have amazing team of long serving employees, they are more than capable of operating whatever conditions prevail.

If Government and MSUK update their policies JP is perfectly placed to reopen the doors to spectators whilst Goodwood and Silverstone watch on!
Old 17 Jun 2020, 21:48 (Ref:3982549)   #8
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do think it's also worth pointing out that an event *normally* featuring one spectator and a dog will be significantly busier than normal.

All these people visiting the countryside and going to parks isn't because everybody suddenly loves walking! People are craving activity and are using this time to do things they normally wouldn't do- because it's either that or be stuck indoors.

They are also frequenting the internet more to look for things to do- Brands Hatch being open for a race event will be spread around social media and will be a good day out for many people within an hour or so of the venue!

Good for the sport, yes, just not at the moment!
Old 17 Jun 2020, 22:06 (Ref:3982552)   #9
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I do think it's also worth pointing out that an event *normally* featuring one spectator and a dog will be significantly busier than normal.

All these people visiting the countryside and going to parks isn't because everybody suddenly loves walking! People are craving activity and are using this time to do things they normally wouldn't do- because it's either that or be stuck indoors.

They are also frequenting the internet more to look for things to do- Brands Hatch being open for a race event will be spread around social media and will be a good day out for many people within an hour or so of the venue!

Just limit tickets numbers in that case. I go every year and there used to be more spectators at a 80s club meeting than this event sadly.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3982674)   #10
Clearways
Rookie

United Kingdom
West London
Clearways should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post

Simple solution - advanced tickets only.

We just need to wait and see what the announcement for the next lifting of restrictions is. Providing it is something along the lines of 'Leisure facilities can reopen providing 1/1.5/2m social distancing can be abided to' there is no reason spectators cannot start to be allowed to attend race meetings.
Old 22 Jun 2020, 18:11 (Ref:3983258)   #11
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the moment I'd quite happily put up with it being allocated vehicle access to South Bank with spectators being asked to remain in their cars, only being allowed out for a socially distanced pee in the woods.

(Preference being given for season ticket holders for purely selfish reasons)
Old 22 Jun 2020, 21:10 (Ref:3983283)   #12
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Looking promising
Old 23 Jun 2020, 06:04 (Ref:3983314)   #13
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I guess the dilemma for all event organisers now is that with the virus seemingly burning itself out, no one will want to be responsible for another outbreak, so they will all be (or should be) cautious.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 13:26 (Ref:3984713)   #14
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://news.brandshatch.co.uk/msv-visitors.aspx
Old 30 Jun 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3984723)   #15
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Old 30 Jun 2020, 14:00 (Ref:3984725)   #16
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Old 30 Jun 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3984729)   #17
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
See you there? Usual place, usual time?

just a bit later into the season then usual...…..and of course, from 2 metres away!
Old 30 Jun 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3984730)   #18
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
See you there? Usual place, usual time?

just a bit later into the season then usual...…..and of course, from 2 metres away!
Sure thing, both days
Old 30 Jun 2020, 21:09 (Ref:3984817)   #19
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Weekend off work, motorsport back on. See everyone there.

(must remember to get a photo for the MSV season pass & put some credit on the Dart Charge account)
Old 1 Jul 2020, 09:09 (Ref:3984873)   #20
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've bought spectator tickets for this, I would have bought tickets to whatever event was on to be honest, so it will be interesting to see the size of the crowd.

There's plenty of space to socially distance and you can bring your own sandwiches to avoid queuing up for food/drink, so I am happy to attend even though I'm not going to be venturing onto public transport or into a busy pub anytime soon.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3985094)   #21
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Provisional entry list - https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...DpKLv9wLAEZoPU
Old 2 Jul 2020, 13:39 (Ref:3985113)   #22
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a pretty impressive list for a first meeting back. Great to see a good number of F2s.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 13:58 (Ref:3985116)   #23
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cracking list! cant wait
Old 2 Jul 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3985145)   #24
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very Impressive.

Just great to be talking about actual racing now .
Old 2 Jul 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3985151)   #25
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Biggest grid for years I think.