Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Apr 2021, 16:56 (Ref:4044248)   #301
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed, when I saw your post I thought it would clash with the 1 month lockdown. If you can't travel until 4 May how can you get set up?
Old 1 Apr 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4044250)   #302
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We're talking about "l'exception française" I presume… Just have a look to this, which atm concerns only "modern" meetings:
https://www.ffsa.org/Pages/Actus/202...francaise.aspx
As to historic, it seems that everything will run as "should", meaning a derogatory form will be sent to each competitor together with his entry confirmation. Necessary because we're not suppose to drive from an area to another nor to break the curfew…

Glad you dont ask me about my personal feeling…
Old 1 Apr 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4044251)   #303
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Not forgetting that this new lockdown, supposed to last four weeks, might be lengthened depending on the circumstances… But announcing that our beloved and so necessary bistrots could be allowed to re-open, will see many swallow a bag of stones… Cul sec!
Old 1 Apr 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4044257)   #304
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
We're talking about "l'exception française" I presume… Just have a look to this, which atm concerns only "modern" meetings:
https://www.ffsa.org/Pages/Actus/202...francaise.aspx
As to historic, it seems that everything will run as "should", meaning a derogatory form will be sent to each competitor together with his entry confirmation. Necessary because we're not suppose to drive from an area to another nor to break the curfew…

Glad you dont ask me about my personal feeling…
I've just broken the curfew - I've been to the bottle bank! It was essential as my box was full.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4044262)   #305
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mon cher John, vous vivez dangereusement, tel un authentique rebelle!
Just wait a little bit more and you'll have to raise your finger to ask if you can go… to the john, John!
Old 1 Apr 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4044267)   #306
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Mon cher John, vous vivez dangereusement, tel un authentique rebelle!
Just wait a little bit more and you'll have to raise your finger to ask if you can go… to the john, John!
If it's urgent, just one finger & swivel it a bit, or if really urgent, two fingers??
Old 1 Apr 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4044275)   #307
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Not forgetting that this new lockdown, supposed to last four weeks, might be lengthened depending on the circumstances… But announcing that our beloved and so necessary bistrots could be allowed to re-open, will see many swallow a bag of stones… Cul sec!
It will be lengthened - 2 May is St Boris day, & that would never do for Napoleon!
Old 2 Apr 2021, 05:34 (Ref:4044314)   #308
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We call him Nabot-Léon… Ask to you beloved what it means…
Old 2 Apr 2021, 08:09 (Ref:4044326)   #309
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
We call him Nabot-Léon… Ask to you beloved what it means…
Ha ha ha! Very funny - I found it in my dictionary.
Old 3 Apr 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4044429)   #310
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well, well, well… Please note, "well" is totally inappropriate in this matter.
31 Mars: new gov' decisions announced.
1 April soon in the morning: our fédération is very happy and so proud to show how good it is to go racing again.
2 April end of afternoon: worried about the situation, our fédération ask us to wait for the result of the discussions with several ministries…
Ha, yes, stupid I am, the subject is the different circuit championship, karting, modern, historic AND new this year RC models!
Old 3 Apr 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4044441)   #311
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Well, well, well… Please note, "well" is totally inappropriate in this matter.
31 Mars: new gov' decisions announced.
1 April soon in the morning: our fédération is very happy and so proud to show how good it is to go racing again.
2 April end of afternoon: worried about the situation, our fédération ask us to wait for the result of the discussions with several ministries…
Ha, yes, stupid I am, the subject is the different circuit championship, karting, modern, historic AND new this year RC models!
That's nothing - I'm completely baffled by the latest about-turn from the government that now apparently allows Parisiens to go & contaminate the rest of the country for Easter on the pretext that they are taking children to stay with grand-parents. Or am I missing something somewhere?

Perhaps it is just that Macron wants to visit Le Touquet? However, his own rules won't allow him to walk on the beach...
Old 3 Apr 2021, 08:29 (Ref:4044444)   #312
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
He is like a kite dancing in a hurricane (like James Bond was before him…). Better check the durability of the string tho…
Old 6 Apr 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4044833)   #313
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
First meeting of the french Historic Tour, Albi now postponed to postponed to 9/11 July (announced three days before the start). I dont see Le Castellet 10000 Tours to be held on schedule. As to (NOT to be confused with GPAO) french Dijon meeting 9/11 May…

Last edited by Gerard C; 6 Apr 2021 at 14:24.
Old 7 Apr 2021, 19:39 (Ref:4045001)   #314
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Not actually race dates, but affecting race attendance: MSV publishing today new instructions from Government:

"New guidance was issued by government on Tuesday 6 April which contradicts the previous position that spectators would be permitted at non-elite sport events from Step Two of the roadmap (12 April onwards).
Whilst outdoor attractions like zoos and theme parks can reopen, and events such as boot fairs, steam rallies and food festivals can take place with up to 4,000 visitors per day, a specific ban has been applied to spectators at sport events - even at grassroots level - until 17 May.
This means that all events due to take place between 12 April and 17 May will now be run behind closed doors, and only essential personnel may attend.
MSV is incredibly disappointed by this development. The UK government is now actively encouraging people to get outside and enjoy the fresh air, and circuit venues are by their very nature wide-open spaces like parks, with ample room to enable social distancing across dozens of spectator viewing areas. Nevertheless, we must comply with this new guidance and all affected customers will be contacted by email with options on how to manage their booking - including obtaining refunds.

Spectators will be welcome at all MSV race events from Saturday 22 May, in compliance with COVID-secure guidance issued by government at that time.
Access to all working areas (e.g. paddocks, pit lanes and garages) will be limited to competitors, volunteer officials, marshals and those providing a service at the event, until further notice.
Ticket sales for events due to take place in Step 3 (17 May to 21 June) will be limited and must be purchased in advance. There is no requirement for season pass holders to notify us of their attendance beforehand, other than for the BTCC event at Snetterton and the Truck Racing event at Brands Hatch.
A range of physical distancing measures will be in place across the site, including grandstands. You must not attend in a group of more than 30 people.
We anticipate that from 21 June all limits on the number of race event attendees will be removed. The vast majority of our major race meetings are now scheduled to take place after this date."

I'm sure we will all have our views on the logic that allows Beaches and parks to be packed, whilst not allowing spectators at a variety of blooming great parks, but hey-ho.......
Old 8 Apr 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4045087)   #315
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
So no speccies at the Donington HF. ☹
Old 8 Apr 2021, 10:50 (Ref:4045092)   #316
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
So no speccies at the Donington HF. ☹

Nope -MSV will be in touch about refunds, apparently.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 10:58 (Ref:4045093)   #317
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Nope -MSV will be in touch about refunds, apparently.
Yes there are 3 choices:
1/carry over to '22
2/refund
3/Use for another meeting later in the year.

Seems more than reasonable?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 12:58 (Ref:4045107)   #318
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dam I can't go to the HSCC Snetterton meeting then 17/18 April I have been looking forward to this meeting for over a year, I have been Shielding since March last year, I brought a weekend ticket and a new long carmera lens I wanted to try out. Looks like a weekend seating here watching TSL

Fingers crossed for for Cadwell in June if we not in Lock Down again by then.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 8 Apr 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4045144)   #319
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
An old bloke has been asked to do some scrutineering at Monaco, he cant wait to see a 125 in the flesh.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 21:44 (Ref:4045227)   #320
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
An old bloke has been asked to do some scrutineering at Monaco, he cant wait to see a 125 in the flesh.
High Speed Train?!?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 22:35 (Ref:4045238)   #321
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does seem faintly ridiculous then, that after April 12th, I could attend a boot fair or similar with as many as 4000 others possibly in something like a 10 acre field - but I can't attend a club race meeting at an outdoor venue of perhaps 250 acres that's likely to be attended by a few hundred people? Go figure!

I get the argument that they're lumping all sports in together for these purposes, and social distancing may be problematic with 4000 people in a stadium, for example, but the argument doesn't hold water as far as I'm concerned: it doesn't take a genius amongst the powers that be to realise that there's a huge difference between the aforementioned stadium and a 250 acre outdoor race track.

Yes, I appreciate that all the football fans would be up in arms if we were allowed to go to race meetings but they weren't allowed to go to football matches. But my response to that would be to refer them to the above: use your common sense and accept the fact that there's a big difference between a semi-enclosed football stadium and a wide open 250 acre race circuit venue. Accept it, get over it and move on!

Admittedly, I recognise the flaw in this plan is probably expecting the average football fan to use their common-sense!
Old 9 Apr 2021, 05:24 (Ref:4045256)   #322
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
High Speed Train?!?
Ferrari. His hotel room and plane ticket were just confirmed this is why I strongly believe that at least Monaco will happen and on schedule. But nowadays…
Old 9 Apr 2021, 05:55 (Ref:4045257)   #323
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
High Speed Train?!?

A Fiat?
Old 9 Apr 2021, 06:48 (Ref:4045259)   #324
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nor a Lancia! https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_125_S
V 12, 1497 cc, if I made a typo, apologies. By the way the max power announced was not so bad considering the era imo.
Old 9 Apr 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4045263)   #325
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Very very nice!!