Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4056526)   #851
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i am not sure they will get many people paying for that unless the wall and plagues remain permanent in which case you might buy one and then go and look at it in future years, or perhaps buy a plague for those fans who have past away and will never visit again.
Simon I am not sure!

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 15 Jun 2021, 13:55 (Ref:4056527)   #852
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just heard from the ACO that no camping at Tertre rouge this year, i have gone back asking which sites will be available to see if any are suitable for Kevin, looking less likely we will be going to be honest.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4056530)   #853
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So they've contacted you about your ticket allocation then?
Old 15 Jun 2021, 14:19 (Ref:4056533)   #854
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well yes for GA tickets but they are not much use if there is no were close to camp
Old 15 Jun 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4056536)   #855
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah. So they didn't give you any idea at all which campsites will be open? They just told you no TR? You'd think they'd offer you an alternative?
Old 15 Jun 2021, 14:49 (Ref:4056539)   #856
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well waiting for an answer
Old 15 Jun 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4056563)   #857
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Just heard from the ACO that no camping at Tertre rouge this year, i have gone back asking which sites will be available to see if any are suitable for Kevin, looking less likely we will be going to be honest.
Was this a response on a mail you send or did they contact you activly.
I still have nothing, I think I will pass for this year.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 19:15 (Ref:4056574)   #858
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It was from my contact at the ACO who organise the disabled access/facilities
Old 15 Jun 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4056575)   #859
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah. So they didn't give you any idea at all which campsites will be open? They just told you no TR? You'd think they'd offer you an alternative?
I think it was Bleu Nord and Epinettes that were mentioned on PH forum. Not great options. But also unconfirmed. Not sure the ACO know themselves. Think there might be a few people camping in the carparks at this rate.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4056588)   #860
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
...Not sure the ACO know themselves...
Seems that way. They seem to be hoping there is some benefit in the token gesture of having people camping outside the circuit boundary - if they wanted campers well out of the way they'd stick them all down in Beausejour.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4056597)   #861
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think it was Bleu Nord and Epinettes that were mentioned on PH forum. Not great options. But also unconfirmed. Not sure the ACO know themselves. Think there might be a few people camping in the carparks at this rate.
It's been done before... We used to have tents in Parking Rouge. We'd park up where directed and then move out of the line half an hour later down to the bottom of Rouge and put the tents up. Not that I ever slept in one.....
Old 15 Jun 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4056599)   #862
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i remember people camping in the old car parks, but no facilities and no security
Old 15 Jun 2021, 21:54 (Ref:4056602)   #863
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I camped at the parking near the small Dunlop bridge leading to Houx on the friday before till the monday morning after the Prequalifications (remember them?) in 1999 and again in 2001. Haven't done that since.
My premises were a bit more modest then
Old 16 Jun 2021, 07:52 (Ref:4056639)   #864
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
i remember people camping in the old car parks, but no facilities and no security
Yep, I was talking about over 30 years ago. These days you'd come back and the tent would be gone....
Old 16 Jun 2021, 08:41 (Ref:4056643)   #865
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
oh how times have changed, once you could roll up on the friday buy a camping ticket and race tickets, pitch a tent and the facilities? were a very smelly rapidly filling port a loo. Some things were better in the old days but the campsites are not one of them.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 08:42 (Ref:4056644)   #866
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We camped in the car park in 1997 on my first visit to LM - we just arrived on the Saturday morning knowing nothing about the event other than there was meant to be an English radio station that you needed to listen to for the commentary.

Someone stole my umbrella that was slid between the awning and flysheet as I slept.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 08:51 (Ref:4056645)   #867
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Slightly O/T, but Monza will allow a limited number of fans in

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/m...-fans/6573987/
Old 16 Jun 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4056647)   #868
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

Someone stole my umbrella that was slid between the awning and flysheet as I slept.
That's entirely understandable. I had agents out confiscating umbrellas from those miscreants who thought it was going to non-sun......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 16 Jun 2021 at 09:18.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4056651)   #869
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just received an e-mail from Catherine from the Tourist Office:
"Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
For the persons who want to assist to the next 24 hours race in august, I inform you that the 2020 tickets are not valid et must be changed.
I will try to respect your 2020 order except for the parkings and the campsites
Only on sale :

Parking rouge et blanc
Aires d’accueil Epinettes et Bleu nord.So I will be available from tomorrow the 17 preferably by mail.

SANITARY CONDITIONS : Sanitary pass or negative PCR test of less than 48 hours (subject to changes in health standards required by the government)

I stay at your disposal.

Best regards,
Catherine"
Old 16 Jun 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4056652)   #870
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, at least something is on offer...... and I take back my comments about the Tourist Office!
Old 16 Jun 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4056657)   #871
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post

SANITARY CONDITIONS : Sanitary pass or negative PCR test of less than 48 hours (subject to changes in health standards required by the government)
This is new - possibly very key information as it gives another means to entry if the French app doesn't play ball. Albeit, I don't know how it will work if you're there Weds-Sun for example. One PCR won't cover that.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 11:17 (Ref:4056660)   #872
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, our original plan was to be there for something like 12 days, you'd certainly need more than one PCR test....
Old 16 Jun 2021, 11:29 (Ref:4056662)   #873
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the verif app i believe will scan the pcr test result and display it there by means of the qr code scanner. smart - makes it harder to fake a test result. currently it doesn’t read the code on uk vaccination paperwork, but i’m sure that’ll change before the start of july. that may mean that you’ll need a french pcr test if you can’t fulfil the vaccination/prior case of covid requirements, but the cost isn’t any worse than a fit to fly test in the uk at the moment, if at all.

anyone from the uk awaiting their second dose, you can bring it forward to 8 weeks after the first which will give you a better chance of being plus two weeks by the time you head francewards.

i would imagine the proof of pcr is only required on the day you collect your tickets (and inevitable wristband), as it is in the paddocks across europe where a pcr result is required at the moment. flawed for a multitude of reasons but it ticks the boxes.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4056686)   #874
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well new plan, new companion this year.
Tuesday night newhaven dieppe ferry (not done that since 1985) slow run down in an old vw campervan, whichever campsite i get given from Wednesday until Sunday, slow evening trip back to dieppe ferry to newhaven then back to kent late monday morning. Looks like i will be there but very different i think
Old 16 Jun 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4056694)   #875
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Finally some late emailed confirmation from the ACO for those with credit notes:

YOU ARE HOLDING A 2020 LE MANS 24 HOURS CREDIT NOTE?
Your voucher remains valid and your 2021 booking will be handled by the Ticketing Service on the basis of your 2020 Credit Note. Your tickets are already booked, your letter is on its way.

What's in that letter - I've no idea. I'd rather have a personalised emailed response telling me what I've got. Will be interesting to see if the camping tickets go on sale tomorrow.