Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2021, 07:36 (Ref:4057709)   #976
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Also I understand there were elections in France last weekend. Far be it for me to suggest that the relaxations in covid rules were anything to do with that.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4057711)   #977
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Far be it for me to suggest that the relaxations in covid rules were anything to do with that.
Ha yes? Remember t'was the case few days before the first lockdown. We have a special variant here, the virus should obey the rules of politicians.
Good thing is that the number of people having had two jabs is dramatically improving. Not tongue in cheek…
Old 22 Jun 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4057735)   #978
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gerard, are people still generally anti-vax over there or are they beginning to see sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Just in case I get that wild hair. I've seen mention of UK and EU residents being able to attend with vaccination or PCR test. Anyone know about Americans? I'm fully vaccinated. Maybe one of you will end up with an extra ticket and need an obnoxious American to join you?
i think the issue for europe is that your proof of vaccination is a piece of card that's somewhat easier to fake than our apps and qr codes. pcr tests are still too easy to fake, but they seem to be improving that.

english people, you can now see your "event pass" in the nhs app which is pretty cool. not sure what the test result generated ones look like but the vaccination ones are like the travel ones but with a lot less information.

Last edited by bella; 22 Jun 2021 at 11:08.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 11:25 (Ref:4057739)   #979
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hi Bella. Yes it seems that people are beginning to see that the vaccine is the best solution to fight against the virus. After months of confusion about secondary effects, stocks of vaccines, choice of vaccine, priority lists depending on age, appointment system with ill-working websites, yes there's a good move forward.
May be its because all the organisation is improving, may be sunshine, vacation here or abroad, may be a visit to gran'ma, a concert, restaurant and bistrot, threaten of a mandatory sanitary pass or Le Mans but at last they go and have the first jab.

We can always complain and criticize but after a late and painful start now we have a decent and working thing.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 12:01 (Ref:4057743)   #980
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The vaccine has certainly helped things move forward. I always had faith in the health service with this. I am glad so many have already been vaccinated. It's good too people have been encouraged to get it, the government and the health service can't fight this virus alone. I have nothing but praise for the vaccine rollout, it's what we needed
Old 22 Jun 2021, 12:25 (Ref:4057752)   #981
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Hi Bella. Yes it seems that people are beginning to see that the vaccine is the best solution to fight against the virus. After months of confusion about secondary effects, stocks of vaccines, choice of vaccine, priority lists depending on age, appointment system with ill-working websites, yes there's a good move forward.
May be its because all the organisation is improving, may be sunshine, vacation here or abroad, may be a visit to gran'ma, a concert, restaurant and bistrot, threaten of a mandatory sanitary pass or Le Mans but at last they go and have the first jab.

We can always complain and criticize but after a late and painful start now we have a decent and working thing.
good to hear. i think the idea of proving negative and vaccination status has the same stigma as it does in the uk - it's a very alien concept. but i'm following how the pass sanitaire is done there, and it seems very sensible, inclusive of people who don't want the vaccine and not too difficult to manage. now if only it would read the uk vaccination certificate QR codes it'd be perfect

glad you mentioned the appointment sites being tricky, i've been trying to work out if my local test centre down in the south is free of charge for a travel pcr for les anglais but it's like trying to negotiate with an italian
Old 22 Jun 2021, 15:08 (Ref:4057760)   #982
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Got allocated blue nord, but trying to swap to epinettes.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4057765)   #983
24hrmans
Rookie

24hrmans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post

If you get through, please let me know. They do not (yet) reply to mail. And when calling ACO you get a voicemail and the call is being ended.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4057766)   #984
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You got the letter? Not here yet.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4057768)   #985
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
60 000 spectators expected at Wimbley for the final
10 000 more than LM, in despite of close place...

In France, no gauges for outside concerts...

IMO, ACO is secluded, strangled with her gauge at 50 000, all the more in a large area as circuit de la Sarthe
Old 22 Jun 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4057769)   #986
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it possible that in a couple of weeks they'll put another 50k tickets on sale?
Old 22 Jun 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4057773)   #987
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
No letter but had an email from the ACO saying i had tickets and can print the off, but can't find the withdrawl bit to do so.

Helene at the ACO sorted the swap to epinettes so that may be why i got the email from the booking office.

As a celebration i renewed my membership 8 days early.

Will do the usual, who where on the forum so all those going can see who is camping/staying/living close by for the 2021 race.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4057781)   #988
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
60 000 spectators expected at Wimbley for the final
10 000 more than LM, in despite of close place...

In France, no gauges for outside concerts...

IMO, ACO is secluded, strangled with her gauge at 50 000, all the more in a large area as circuit de la Sarthe
The Wembley situation is definitely not the norm for the UK (at the moment). Causing a lot of anger from other sports at the treatment football gets in comparison to others. But it's a global showcase to show we've got our act together so the government will make an exception. In general it's all trending positively - we just need it all to speed up!
Old 22 Jun 2021, 18:14 (Ref:4057782)   #989
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
glad you mentioned the appointment sites being tricky, i've been trying to work out if my local test centre down in the south is free of charge for a travel pcr for les anglais but it's like trying to negotiate with an italian
Agreed, Madame. I had my jabs and cant thank enough a forumer, John Elwin and Michèle, french resident and his good friend. First, they tried to find an appointment with a doctor in my town. Impossible. Then they pointed me in the direction of "Vite ma dose" with no success but this led me to Doctolib and as if by magic all went very fast and well. Imagine, from desperate I could even chose the vaccine!
Old 22 Jun 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4057784)   #990
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is it possible that in a couple of weeks they'll put another 50k tickets on sale?
'f course its possible but as Simmi says you cant compare Wembley, any concert or football match to LM. The first challenge ACO has to face is the duration of the event and foreign venues. As a foreigner, if you dont have a combo camping/entry/parking, is it reasonable to expect decent conditions to watch the race?
Old 22 Jun 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4057795)   #991
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No letter but had an email from the ACO saying i had tickets and can print the off, but can't find the withdrawl bit to do so.

Helene at the ACO sorted the swap to epinettes so that may be why i got the email from the booking office.

As a celebration i renewed my membership 8 days early.

Will do the usual, who where on the forum so all those going can see who is camping/staying/living close by for the 2021 race.
No letter no email.

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 22 Jun 2021, 21:01 (Ref:4057798)   #992
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/info/health-protocole

It says this about foreigners attending:

What about foreign health certificates?

The rules on foreign health certificates will be confirmed in July. Presently, we recommend you arrange a PCR or antigen test in France with the results available no more than 48 hours before your arrival at the circuit.

Let's hope this foreign certificat will be available. My plan for attending has no time window to get a test in France.

Last edited by whitemr2; 22 Jun 2021 at 21:12.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 21:18 (Ref:4057799)   #993
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
No letter no email.
And you only live a few minutes away!
Old 22 Jun 2021, 21:20 (Ref:4057800)   #994
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The Wembley situation is definitely not the norm for the UK (at the moment). Causing a lot of anger from other sports at the treatment football gets in comparison to others. But it's a global showcase to show we've got our act together so the government will make an exception. In general it's all trending positively - we just need it all to speed up!
Ah, but football and horse racing are 'special'....

Mind you, it looks as though the Festival of Speed will be going ahead as a 'pilot'.... which is good news as I'm stewarding there for four days in July.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 22:12 (Ref:4057803)   #995
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Let's hope this foreign certificat will be available. My plan for attending has no time window to get a test in France.
i think it all pivots on how quickly the govt/the third party contracted to do the app can work out how to integrate foreign certificates into the pass sanitaire. atm you scan a tous anti covid specific 2d/qr barcode on their test and vaccination certificates, which is something non-french docs obviously don't have.

the requirement for paddock people so far in european international events has been to produce a pcr result dated within 72 hours of collecting your pass. with the travel restrictions and vague timelines for results sometimes you may as well just throw a brick at a house and see if it hits a window. it's a real headache.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 22:15 (Ref:4057805)   #996
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s hope it doesn’t come down to the App and that it’s sorted out ASAP, although I’m sure it will be fine.

Just have to keep your fingers crossed, things are getting there
Old 22 Jun 2021, 23:48 (Ref:4057809)   #997
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i think it all pivots on how quickly the govt/the third party contracted to do the app can work out how to integrate foreign certificates into the pass sanitaire. atm you scan a tous anti covid specific 2d/qr barcode on their test and vaccination certificates, which is something non-french docs obviously don't have.
Is the app receiving favourable feedback?
Old 23 Jun 2021, 06:33 (Ref:4057825)   #998
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah, but football and horse racing are 'special'....

Mind you, it looks as though the Festival of Speed will be going ahead as a 'pilot'.... which is good news as I'm stewarding there for four days in July.
Was hoping to do the sunday at goodwood as usual, but the four day pass Helen and Paul have may not allow them to let us use it on the sunday. However i am sure they will say hello at some time.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 07:59 (Ref:4057829)   #999
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Tell them to wander up to the Flint Wall, I'll be stewarding the grandstand there in the mornings all four days. The afternoons I have to myself...
Old 23 Jun 2021, 09:20 (Ref:4057844)   #1000
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is the app receiving favourable feedback?
i’ve not really had the opportunity to use it in anger yet, but it feels more useful and gives better info than the uk one. it’s also available in english if that’s your phone language and reads as if that’s the native language which is excellent. however, we have our vaccination passes and test results in our nhs app, whereas the french system requires you to scan them in via the 2d code, and our tracing app is seperate to the passes and tests so it’s swings and roundabouts.

i have just realised i’ve got mixed up with the apps - your pass sanitaire is the original tous anti covid app. the verif app is handy to have for us brits to make sure your docs are ok but technically it’s only for people checking validity for events etc.