Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Apr 2003, 15:56 (Ref:572215)   #26
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Is this the channel that we've been waiting for all our lives!

What are the chances of convincing them to do round the clock coverage of Le Mans.... with Radio le mans commentary!

Or Nurburgring 24 hours for that matter!

No limits...just racing..YAY!!
It's already been asked on their forum about Le mans.....they're going to cover qualifying and as much as they can, but unfortunatley a certain other European channel that seems to despise motorsport has the rights to the live race!
Old 17 Apr 2003, 15:58 (Ref:572216)   #27
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Nurburg 24 hours is on DSF...
Old 17 Apr 2003, 20:32 (Ref:572469)   #28
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this year is looking the best yet !....
Old 17 Apr 2003, 21:10 (Ref:572498)   #29
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
this year is looking the best yet !....
Yes, if u have Sky why do my parents have cable
Old 17 Apr 2003, 21:31 (Ref:572510)   #30
Madd_Dogg88
Racer

Madd_Dogg88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say, Ben Edwards and Tim Harvey r gonna be great, but I was watching the BTCC 2001 review on Motors TV and i suddenly began to miss Charlie Cox and John Watson. Anyone else feel the same?
Old 17 Apr 2003, 22:07 (Ref:572540)   #31
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cox is certainly an enthusiastic commentator but Edwards brings something else to commentating, I'm just not sure what it is but it's good!

Tim Harvey will probably speak his mind commentating - can be good and can be bad!!
Old 17 Apr 2003, 22:13 (Ref:572551)   #32
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
man i wish i had Motors TV, but my parents won't mess around with the TV's anymore cos apparently "we've changed too much anyway!!". Grr.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 09:23 (Ref:572919)   #33
speedchick
Rookie

speedchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh, I miss Cox and Watson too, but am just grateful that we havent got those awful american men doing the commentary - you know, the ones who did DTM last year - cant think of their names at the moment, too early in the morning!
Old 20 Apr 2003, 01:10 (Ref:574465)   #34
argybargy
Rookie

argybargy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christ on a bike (sorry to blaspheme on Easter Sunday). So we've got to put up with Ben Edwards for another year? The bloke could'nt make naked mud wrestling (whatever your persuasion) interesting. And that's an understatement. He's comptetent....but oh so dull.Give it (and us) a rest, Ben. Get Coxy (or Murray) back to inject a bit of life back into BTCC.
It was interesting to note in a recent magazine interview that the great Matt Neal said that ITV's coverage was below par. The whole thing comes over like one of those godawful shoestring midnight hour motorsport programmes put out by ITV which are only watched by night-watchmen/insomniacs. At least they've got Tim Harvey (hooray!) to liven things up a bit.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 02:32 (Ref:574500)   #35
argybargy
Rookie

argybargy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS. touringcarlegend - I agree that Edwards does add something to commentating. Unfortunately for us, it's tedium. And mediocrity. Not two things I like to see associated with the BTCC.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 17:38 (Ref:575779)   #36
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, coverage was great, just like being there for the race day. I don't remember anyone covering a whole meeting live before, and for anyone who can't make it too a race - tune into Motors TV
Old 21 Apr 2003, 17:49 (Ref:575786)   #37
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So was the coverage any good, from what I have read else where it was spot on, what was ever one else thought on it
Old 21 Apr 2003, 18:15 (Ref:575798)   #38
Muppet
Racer

Muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched the first race and yes the coverage was excellent. Just a little freaked out by Phil Bennett getting punted in the pit lane and crashing into the podium lorry... I normally stand near that thing at Donington!!
Old 21 Apr 2003, 18:21 (Ref:575801)   #39
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superb coverage by Motors TV!
Old 21 Apr 2003, 18:56 (Ref:575827)   #40
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderful coverage. Almost 3 hours of BTCC throughout the afternoon because of all the delays and everything. But they didn't cut it short or anything. Just what the BTCC needs and second best to being there! (And drier as well)
Old 21 Apr 2003, 19:08 (Ref:575840)   #41
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great coverage from Motors TV. 2 great races to go with it.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 19:19 (Ref:575847)   #42
Madd_Dogg88
Racer

Madd_Dogg88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great coverage, but Ben Edwards was soooo boring. I thought Tim Harvey was great when he actually got the chance to speak, but that wasn't very often. Does Edwards actually know who's driving this year? I thought Murray Walker made a lot of mistake, but at least you could laugh at them. Edwards just p****d me off, when i managed to stay awake. Bring back Cox and Watson
Old 21 Apr 2003, 19:23 (Ref:575851)   #43
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Madd_Dogg88
Great coverage, but Ben Edwards was soooo boring. I thought Tim Harvey was great when he actually got the chance to speak, but that wasn't very often. Does Edwards actually know who's driving this year? I thought Murray Walker made a lot of mistake, but at least you could laugh at them. Edwards just p****d me off, when i managed to stay awake. Bring back Cox and Watson
Disagree 100% there, Ben Edwards was fantastic all afternoon......I was amazed at his depth of knowledge of not only the BTCC, but all the support races too, he seemed to know every detail of every drivers career, amazing! He and Tim Harvey make a great commetating partnership IMO

Some great races this afternoon, Obviously the BTCC was great, but special mentions too for the Legends guys....what a great race that was!

Plus next time out the Clio's will join the show....can't wait!
Old 21 Apr 2003, 19:46 (Ref:575864)   #44
Griffin
Rookie

Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw it and thought it was great. Ben and Tim make a great partnership. Plus, you've got to think, Ben was commentating almost continually for 5 hours or more, thats pretty good going! Cameras were good, didn't miss much.

Great start to the season.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 20:35 (Ref:575897)   #45
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ben is a great commentator. Much better than the pairing the BBC had after Murray left.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 22:25 (Ref:575965)   #46
GasMan
Racer

GasMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loved every second of the Motors TV coverage today. I've neverbeen so animated during a live race in my own living room in my whole life. I was shouting, cursing and cheering through each and every race. I can honestly say that not one race was a let down. All full of action and all interesting. Especially the Legends race. As usual.

I must admit a few years ago ben Edwards did get on my nerves but after watching him do LeMans and CART for a few years and a few of the F1 races I have grown to like him. Tim Harvey and Gareth Howell complemented his style perfectly and all in all, a great job to everyone involved in the day.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 22:28 (Ref:575968)   #47
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At least we don't get the stupid "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" screamed out by some certain commentators from Ben Edwards... Tim Harvey provided an excellent drivers point of view - he was able to expand on a lot of things, though Ben isn't afraid of a racing car now and again.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 22:36 (Ref:575974)   #48
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top Coverage from Motors tv !....i urge anyone who cant get this channel , to cut your shopping bill down , and put the money to a cheap sat reciever.....Best investment you could ever make !!!

Top quality coverage ...i mean , when have we ever got coverage of anything that gets near what we had today !

top notch .
Old 21 Apr 2003, 22:48 (Ref:575982)   #49
GasMan
Racer

GasMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
At least we don't get the stupid "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" screamed out by some certain commentators from Ben Edwards...
Heh, funny you should mention that, I was cringing so much on Sunday afternoon at the race start I missed the first half of the first lap.
Old 22 Apr 2003, 05:43 (Ref:576125)   #50
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Muppet
I watched the first race and yes the coverage was excellent. Just a little freaked out by Phil Bennett getting punted in the pit lane and crashing into the podium lorry... I normally stand near that thing at Donington!!
Okay, for those of us without the benefit of Motors TV, what happened to Bennett? (it's too early to go hunting for news!)
So far I'm just comparing the BTCC coverage from last year, but I've got to say that I'd take Ben Edwards any day over Charlie Cox. Cox really did start to drive me mad with his 'quotes' during a race.