Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series > ChampCar World Series

Old 5 Feb 2008, 22:18 (Ref:2122043)   #46
CaptainRandom
Rookie

Canada
Edmonton, AB
CaptainRandom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
Biggest negative is the unsuitability of the chassis on
Actually, I recall that the chasis being suitable for oval racing was a requirement laid out to Panoz by the CCWS.

[For example, the DP01 has a more upright seating position than the old Lola (as does the IRL Dallara) to reduce the chance of back injuries when the car goes backwards into a wall, which is a common type of crash in oval racing. (Since the spine is oriented perpendicular to the wall, there should be much much less compressive stress)]

Of course, the Panoz hasn't been raced on an oval because CCWS dropped them from the calendar. But I think that was a money/business issue and not a car issue.

At the end of the day though, the Panoz is lighter, and the Dallara is proven on ovals, so I'm not sure that this information would really change your point anyways. Just mentioning what I remember
Old 5 Feb 2008, 23:25 (Ref:2122081)   #47
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Here's my personal view on the way forward.

New championship called International Indycar Championship.
Already won't happen. FIA wouldn't allow that title. It'd have to be 'series'.

Anyway - Indycar World Series is what is was before the split, I'm sure for nostalgia reasons if they merged that's what it'd be called.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 06:57 (Ref:2122205)   #48
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
One must know the problem before fixing it. In regards to a strong single series, if one examines history, one finds the person in the middle of the whole mess is tony george.

Your steady getting-back-to-Adam-and-Eve approach, ms, isn't very helpful in bringing things forward; ok we know you have a personal problem with TG, but if AOWR want to walk a step further they have to start from the present situation, like it or not, and the present situation TG has a central position, like it or not.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 07:58 (Ref:2122247)   #49
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would anyone believe that Tony George should be the central character of any merged series? If anything it should be independently run for a board of directors. Sure, Tony can be on the BOD, however I wouldn't allow him to be involved in the day to day running of the sport, period.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 09:37 (Ref:2122316)   #50
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I say that TG has a central position, I don't mean that everything must belong to him; I just mean that trying to rebuild AOWR without him (and by consequent without Indy500) has proven a nonsense.

He owns Indy500 and we all know where the "nothing sacred about Indy" principle has brought to.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2122513)   #51
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
When I say that TG has a central position, I don't mean that everything must belong to him; I just mean that trying to rebuild AOWR without him (and by consequent without Indy500) has proven a nonsense.

He owns Indy500 and we all know where the "nothing sacred about Indy" principle has brought to.
I don't think anyone has ever NOT included mr. george in a unified series.

It's all a mute point for now anyways.