Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Apr 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3897310)   #26
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Short race. Very exciting.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 22:49 (Ref:3897311)   #27
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
66 wrecked by #3 Corvette on the last lap. Great driving there, Jan :/
Old 13 Apr 2019, 22:50 (Ref:3897312)   #28
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
66 wrecked by #3 Corvette on the last lap. Great driving there, Jan :/
Not his fault the 66 ran out of fuel at the exit of the corner.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 22:53 (Ref:3897313)   #29
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Bah, there was way too much hitting other cars in this race. Both Porsches had their rear diffusers attacked by Gavin/Milner.

Luckily at 912 could hang on to win this.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 22:57 (Ref:3897314)   #30
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Quote:
Bah, there was way too much hitting other cars in this race. Both Porsches had their rear diffusers attacked by Gavin/Milner.
One of them also got into the #7 Acura. But those events don't change the fact there wasn't anything they could have done to avoid the #66.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3897315)   #31
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Watched the race via GTLM in car cams. So I'll give it from that perspective:

1. Porsche. Fastest on the day for sure. Surprised the #91 faded though. Kinda of lucky for us for entertainment purposes.

2. Ford. Quite the brave run by Mueller and Bourdais. Don't know why they had fuel issued wheras the others did not.

3. Corvette. Steady as she goes for them. Not the fastest on the day as usual. I think they are getting tired of this.

4. BMW. Worst of the day by far. This track is not for them at all.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 23:01 (Ref:3897316)   #32
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
One of them also got into the #7 Acura. But those events don't change the fact there wasn't anything they could have done to avoid the #66.
If it effectively ran out of fuel then probably not, no.
If it didn't then it was just one of the many hits the Corvette guys did today.
I had already forgotten about the Acura.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3897317)   #33
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Good race overall. Especially the 2nd half. Good to see the battle between Ford and Porsche play out. Any surprise the DPI's caused both of the FCY's. DPI/GTLM only format is the perfect format for Long Beach. Feels like an all star race.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 23:04 (Ref:3897318)   #34
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Watched the race via GTLM in car cams. So I'll give it from that perspective:

1. Porsche. Fastest on the day for sure. Surprised the #91 faded though. Kinda of lucky for us for entertainment purposes.

2. Ford. Quite the brave run by Mueller and Bourdais. Don't know why they had fuel issued wheras the others did not.

3. Corvette. Steady as she goes for them. Not the fastest on the day as usual. I think they are getting tired of this.

4. BMW. Worst of the day by far. This track is not for them at all.
Bot Porsches were hit in the back. It seemed to affect the 911 more than the 912, although 912 seemed to be slightly more damaged - at least visually.
Maybe it did affect their race, maybe it didn't.

The BMWs also screwed each other in the pitlane with the one with the loose wheel(nut) blocking the exit for the other one.

Last edited by gert; 13 Apr 2019 at 23:13.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 00:09 (Ref:3897326)   #35
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That was a great race. Different strategies, lots of action, and it seemed like chances for other than Cadillac teams to win. Well, it seemed that way for a while.

Both Fords ran dry on the last lap …. But as far as I know, they didn’t pit together (Bourdais in the 66 before, the other during the caution.)

Derani got away with one when he walled the Juncos car, I think.

And once again … max torque wins the day. Nobody can keep up with a Cadillac out of the corners, and no car has enough of a top-speed advantage to make up the difference between corners.

Also, two cars—Mueller in the #66 and Castroneves in the #7—gave up the class lead by hitting the caution speed limiter. I guess it only happens at LB.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 02:21 (Ref:3897333)   #36
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Quote:
If it effectively ran out of fuel then probably not, no.
If it didn't then it was just one of the many hits the Corvette guys did today.
I had already forgotten about the Acura.
It has been confirmed that he did indeed run out of gas.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/m...t-gtlm-battle/
Old 15 Apr 2019, 02:04 (Ref:3897549)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched the race on delay after recording it. Just finished tonight. It was mayhem in the first few laps, yet I still don't feel like I know what happened to all the cars. For instance, only one of the JDC cars was in contention, the other was a few laps down but don't know what happened. Also, I seem to have missed the incident between the 31 and the Juncos car at the end. Will Owen was in the tires with 6 minutes to go but the IMSA officials said it was a racing incident.

I thought Mazda was finally going to have a race win, but nope. couldn't get out in front after their pitstop, but had no pace after that anyways. Although, lack of pace didn't seem to prevent the #5 from winning at the end.

really strange that multiple people hit the pit lane limiter on accident during the race.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3898440)   #38
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Race replay finally on youtube. Seems like under the NBC deal it takes 5 days for it to get put up. Under the Fox one it was just 2.

Saw it and it was fantastic. Race of the year candidate for sure.
Old 22 Apr 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3899022)   #39
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
really strange that multiple people hit the pit lane limiter on accident during the race.
It's actually really common in the hairpin because you tend to "shuffle steer" and move your hands off the wheel since it requires so much steering lock and all the pit lane speed limiters are on the wheel... so if the wheel skips or bounces in your hand in the middle of the corner it's common to hit the button and it takes a second to realize it and turn it back off.

-mike