Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 11 Mar 2021, 01:03 (Ref:4039741)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ten Tenths - The Phoenix

A little bit more about what's going on.

Around 00:20 Wednesday 11th I started getting notifications from our monitoring provider that the site and the server it's hosted on were unavailable.

This sometimes happens and sometimes it's a false alarm. However, over the next few minutes a lot more alerts came in for other services.

As some parts were still responsive I logged a support ticket to have the servers restarted and went back to bed, assuming things would be restarted and return to normal.

Wednesday morning when I woke up I had a message from a friend in IT who pointed out that OVH, our hosting supplier, had had a major incident and asking if the datacenter that had been destroyed was the one we used.

Unfortunately, yes, yes it is.

The software and database for Tenths is backed up every night and those backups are stored off-site.

So we've had to restore from the previous nights backup, so there will, unfortunately be some posts lost.

You can find further information on what happened here: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKBN2B20NU

Tenths is currently running on a less powerful server located in the US, so performance may be a little bit slower than usual.

If you have any problems then please create a thread in the Forum Support section.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 01:19 (Ref:4039745)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done
Old 11 Mar 2021, 01:52 (Ref:4039752)   #3
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
You've done well in what sounds like a really challenging situation.

We all appreciate the dedication - we really do.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 02:19 (Ref:4039757)   #4
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great job
Old 11 Mar 2021, 03:02 (Ref:4039759)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow! Already back up!

Didnt realize how much i need this place.

Thank you!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 07:08 (Ref:4039766)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Top man! Well done.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 07:25 (Ref:4039767)   #7
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

Didnt realize how much i need this place.

Thank you!
I second that... I was emailing other tenthers to ensure it was not just me.
Great effort in getting it all back online so speedily. Much appreciated.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4039775)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Grant, massive thanks for your efforts.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4039777)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I second that... I was emailing other tenthers to ensure it was not just me.
Great effort in getting it all back online so speedily. Much appreciated.
Yes, I posted details for friends on FB. Great to have Tenths back up and running so quickly. Great job!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 09:23 (Ref:4039785)   #10
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Awesome work, thank you!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4039790)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Glad to hear that things have been recovered... Thanks for all the hard work.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 09:56 (Ref:4039791)   #12
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Add my thanks as well. Grant. You've done really well to get us back and running so quickly, especially as this is a volunteer site rather than a commercial enterprise. A pity that those businesses like the banks could and would act as promptly as you have done.

A really first rate "job". Cheers and thanks.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4039794)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great effort, I was following things on Facebook yesterday and great to see everything back up within 24 hours.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4039797)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Well done Grant, we all appreciate your hard work.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 11:43 (Ref:4039808)   #15
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thank you. My withdrawal symptoms were stronger than anticipated!

Richard
Old 11 Mar 2021, 12:09 (Ref:4039819)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic work from all involved to get things back up and running - much appreciated.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4039897)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Well done!!!

BTW It wasn't me.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 17:38 (Ref:4039908)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FIRE by name, FIRE by nature?
Old 11 Mar 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4039975)   #19
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Cheers Grant! Can you come and fix my laptop please?
Old 11 Mar 2021, 23:05 (Ref:4040004)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Super job Grant!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 23:40 (Ref:4040022)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Brilliant, I've only just clicked on and found we have it back. I have been to an old racing mates funeral today (Norman Ricketts) f*****g covid !!! and no doubt I shall be back talking the usual b******s soon. WELL DONE.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Mar 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4040076)   #22
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, well done to the Ten Tenths Technical Team. It's saved many of us, I'm sure, in these strange times.
Old 12 Mar 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4040171)   #23
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Well done, and thanks!
Old 18 Mar 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4041318)   #24
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Posts regarding tables have been merged with the thread in Forum Support:
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156055

Please report any issues in this section of the site:
https://tentenths.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57
Old 1 Apr 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4044265)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Just as an update, the first of two replacement servers have been delivered, hopefully to a datacenter that's a bit less "melty".

The initial build (VMWare ESX 6.7) has been done and 4 VMs have been provisioned for Tenths. 1 web server and 3 database servers. The database servers and another web server have been serving sites and being tested for about a week now.

Database copy/restore testing from the current server have been taking place and look promising. Looks like there will only be around an hour of downtime to move the whole lot back to France.

Haven't decided when to move back, as we're in no particular rush to move.