Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Jun 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4115893)   #26
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Lloyd was discussing his future day before yesterday with Excelr8. Or rather his lack of a future if my info is correct.
When he was interviewed on the grid before the first race at Oulton he said he was looking to try and get more sponsors onboard - so presumably was still short of the full season budget at that point. Add in the damage from Oulton and it's probably game over isn't it?
Old 16 Jun 2022, 14:02 (Ref:4115899)   #27
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
When he was interviewed on the grid before the first race at Oulton he said he was looking to try and get more sponsors onboard - so presumably was still short of the full season budget at that point. Add in the damage from Oulton and it's probably game over isn't it?
Think I saw somewhere, maybe it was from his YouTube video he put up, it was around £60k worth of damage?
Old 16 Jun 2022, 16:38 (Ref:4115915)   #28
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
From Autosport today, Lloyd and Turkington doubtful for Croft.

Lloyd : "The damage to the car is even worse than what we expected, it's a serious incident and a huge impact to my budget. The goal is to be at Croft but it’s not a good situation financially at the moment."
That's not withstanding his own damage - "bruised lungs, bruised ribs, sore around the limbs and swollen knackers!"

Turkington's car has gone to Willie Poole to be assessed/fixed and is more damaged than WSR first thought. Steering rack was pushed into the engine so they are looking at an engine rebuild as well.

According to Autosport "The car Turkington is racing this year is a brand-new one following the sale of his 2019 title winner, so there is no spare available with the next round at Croft". I'm fairly sure buyer of that car was a certain Northern Ireland based collector, so it may not be totally unavailable should all else fail.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 16:42 (Ref:4115916)   #29
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I'm fairly sure buyer of that car was a certain Northern Ireland based collector, so it may not be totally unavailable should all else fail.
Otherwise I imagine Jelley will be arranging some "personal reasons" that require him to sit out Croft.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 18:15 (Ref:4115934)   #30
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

According to Autosport "The car Turkington is racing this year is a brand-new one following the sale of his 2019 title winner, so there is no spare available with the next round at Croft". I'm fairly sure buyer of that car was a certain Northern Ireland based collector, so it may not be totally unavailable should all else fail.
doubtful, it would need the hybrid installed and some other updates

there would be another option , as mentioned Jelley to sit out a round OR maybe something can be arranged with Cicely for Gamble to sit out a round
Old 16 Jun 2022, 18:28 (Ref:4115938)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
2 of the 3 WSR cars this season are 2019 builds, so updating the 3rd from a 2019 build would not be difficult for them.

Availability of the chassis is the factor here.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 18:36 (Ref:4115942)   #32
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

there would be another option , as mentioned Jelley to sit out a round OR maybe something can be arranged with Cicely for Gamble to sit out a round
Is that allowed? I thought missing a round was permitted during Covid only
Old 16 Jun 2022, 19:00 (Ref:4115947)   #33
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Is that allowed? I thought missing a round was permitted during Covid only
It's permitted if TOCA/Gow agree that it's force majeure.

just a guess here,
"my car is still being repaired" = yes
"my car is being used by someone else" = ahh, maybe no
Old 16 Jun 2022, 19:04 (Ref:4115949)   #34
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
TV Coverage now confirmed:

Sat 25 Jun - itv.com/btcc/qualifying-live - from 3:15pm
Sun 26 Jun - ITV4 - 11:30am-6:35pm
This was confirmed at the end of the Oulton Park programme.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 19:13 (Ref:4115950)   #35
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:

I don't think the championship administrator would allow that, unless it were a permanent change.

There will be one different driver on the grid at Croft though.

Last edited by sceptic; 16 Jun 2022 at 19:19.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 19:24 (Ref:4115953)   #36
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
This was confirmed at the end of the Oulton Park programme.
Yes, you're right. The planned broadcast was trailed at the end of the Oulton Park coverage.

I merely updated this thread after ITV published their official PI and confirmation - which will mean EPG's etc. can now schedule.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 20:37 (Ref:4115972)   #37
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
There will be one different driver on the grid at Croft though.
Hmm... Parfitt had enough?
Old 16 Jun 2022, 21:20 (Ref:4115975)   #38
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Someone may have fallen on #HARD times I suspect. No doubt someone here will be able to produce a statistical analysis of how far into each season we've got before the merry go round has turned a little...
Old 16 Jun 2022, 21:23 (Ref:4115976)   #39
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's permitted if TOCA/Gow agree that it's force majeure.

just a guess here,
"my car is still being repaired" = yes
"my car is being used by someone else" = ahh, maybe no
I don't think that would actually matter. As far as I understand the teams are at liberty to allocate chassis to whichever driver they please, the same driver doesn't have to keep the same one each meeting.

I believe the issue would be the team fielding two entries instead of three, not whose car was missing. Happy to be corrected it I'm wrong.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 09:20 (Ref:4116035)   #40
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Hmm... Parfitt had enough?
I don't think he's had enough, just that he will earn a lot more money playing a concert that Saturday night.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 17:53 (Ref:4116135)   #41
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think he's had enough, just that he will earn a lot more money playing a concert that Saturday night.
A repeat of his back injury from Croft last year?
Old 17 Jun 2022, 20:42 (Ref:4116152)   #42
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
A repeat of his back injury from Croft last year?
Would it matter if he didn't turn up for a week. For his results so far this he's barely turned up all year
Old 18 Jun 2022, 06:48 (Ref:4116185)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is there any substance to this Parfett speculation?
Old 18 Jun 2022, 09:38 (Ref:4116206)   #44
3marinadrive
Rookie

3marinadrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Otherwise I imagine Jelley will be arranging some "personal reasons" that require him to sit out Croft.
Why not Hill? According to some 'experts' on here he isn't a patch on Turkington so surely he should be a good little boy and step aside? Why would Jelley step aside anyway!? If it was going into the final round of the championship, with Colin right in the title fight and Stephen out of it, then maybe, but even then the fact that Stephen is paying a significant budget to be in that seat...WSR are one of the best teams on the grid - they will find a solution and all three cars will be on the grid at Croft prepared to the same high standard as ever.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 11:55 (Ref:4116211)   #45
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3marinadrive View Post
Why not Hill? According to some 'experts' on here he isn't a patch on Turkington so surely he should be a good little boy and step aside? Why would Jelley step aside anyway!? If it was going into the final round of the championship, with Colin right in the title fight and Stephen out of it, then maybe, but even then the fact that Stephen is paying a significant budget to be in that seat...WSR are one of the best teams on the grid - they will find a solution and all three cars will be on the grid at Croft prepared to the same high standard as ever.
The solution will be either repair or reshell
Old 20 Jun 2022, 09:00 (Ref:4116399)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do wonder if they will be able to get the car ready in time
Old 20 Jun 2022, 10:26 (Ref:4116412)   #47
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ten days to do a reshell- assuming they have a prepped painted shell on stand by should be pretty easy
Old 20 Jun 2022, 10:39 (Ref:4116414)   #48
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Short answer, yes they are able to.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 16:31 (Ref:4116444)   #49
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Short answer, yes they are able to.
Turkington's yes.
I don't think there's any doubt in his participation this weekend.

Lloyd may need to be cleared by a doctor.

There's a substitute driver for Parfitt, who is busy elsewhere. And I'm told another driver will miss Croft too.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 16:43 (Ref:4116445)   #50
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Turkington's yes.
I don't think there's any doubt in his participation this weekend.

Lloyd may need to be cleared by a doctor.

There's a substitute driver for Parfitt, who is busy elsewhere. And I'm told another driver will miss Croft too.
I think S Griffin's query was related to WSR only? Agreed - not in doubt at all regarding Turkington's participation.

Lloyd (I think) is more about budget than medical clearance I am hearing - unless the financials have been resolved now?