Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 23 Nov 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1161773)   #26
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Which means you're free to select a flag or not as your "Avatar". There may be other Avatars available and we will probably be allowing users to upload their own as long as they fit within set dimensions.
Oh please no . One of the things i enjoy about this forum is, that it's not overfilled with silly looking avatars everywhere .

But the flags at the posts, that'd be nice .
Old 23 Nov 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1161780)   #27
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree - avatars are the work of evil.

Clean lines work best.

No clutter!
Old 23 Nov 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1161781)   #28
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
I agree - avatars are the work of evil.

Clean lines work best.

No clutter!
Spot on. Keep it simple.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 14:40 (Ref:1161782)   #29
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 14:43 (Ref:1161786)   #30
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by the_royksopp
One of the things i enjoy about this forum is, that it's not overfilled with silly looking avatars everywhere .
In your Control Panel in the new software the display of other peoples Avatars is one of the personal preferences that can be turned on/off. So if you don't like seeing Avatars you don't have to.

For anyone that's interested and doesn't have access to the test board, here's a couple of links to screen grabs that show what a thread currently looks like:

Old 23 Nov 2004, 14:44 (Ref:1161788)   #31
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two ons and no offs? No - one of each!

Last edited by Ian Sowman; 23 Nov 2004 at 14:45.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1161799)   #32
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That looks great, with the avatars off

What do the scales do?
Old 23 Nov 2004, 14:58 (Ref:1161804)   #33
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
All info on the new options available will be in the user guide when we move to the new layout.

The final options are not decided on yet, so no point in getting into specifics until we decide what's going to be included in the "final cut"
Old 23 Nov 2004, 15:14 (Ref:1161815)   #34
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
What do the scales do?
Weight stuff.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1161865)   #35
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
New layout looks very nice . Although, i feel very comfortable with the design as it is, i'm sure everybody will get used to the new design .
Old 23 Nov 2004, 16:16 (Ref:1161869)   #36
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
The layout should look close enough to the current layout to be familiar and still allow for easy use of the new features.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 17:25 (Ref:1161921)   #37
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks great, personaly I think that it's good that we have an option, but it can look untidy at times when in other forums when there are 3 different photos.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 17:43 (Ref:1161935)   #38
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I shall switch the avatars off, because they irritate me.

As for welcoming flags, the one I had this morning was different from the one I had last night, but now that version is back. Teething troubles, I suppose.

Neither is what I would choose. hrug:
Old 23 Nov 2004, 18:02 (Ref:1161948)   #39
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally posted by foxy mole
As for welcoming flags, the one I had this morning was different from the one I had last night, but now that version is back. Teething troubles, I suppose.

Neither is what I would choose. hrug:
Were you using different internet connections? As has been explained, the flag displayed is highly dependant on what your ISP has disclosed as the location of your connection. At the moment we're seeing a lot of European AOL users being shown as US and occasionally French AOL users will show up as UK or Germany depending on how AOL routes traffic.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 18:13 (Ref:1161960)   #40
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, now you mention it, I did use a different internet connection this morning, and that does explain it. Thanks.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 18:57 (Ref:1161989)   #41
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I like the new layout. Not too enthusiastic about avatars though as they tend to end up making the pages look untidy.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 19:09 (Ref:1161999)   #42
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
The best idea is, that we get a discrete flag underneath our stars. Make the flags optional, to avoid americans from getting union jack etc.

But most importantly, i dont think the flags should be part of the "switch-off" function for the avatars. Ie. you dont switch off flags when you switch off avatars (you should have the choice though, but the flags should be seperate). I reckon most people wont mind the flags, but would prefer to switch off the avatars.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 22:45 (Ref:1162236)   #43
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it would be cool to have avatars.
Then i could just upload my picture so you all have to look at my face every day!
Old 23 Nov 2004, 22:51 (Ref:1162243)   #44
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I like the idea of avatars...
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
I think it would be cool to have avatars.
Then i could just upload my picture so you all have to look at my face every day!
..... but now I'm conflicted
Old 24 Nov 2004, 09:37 (Ref:1162572)   #45
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I knew you'd like it, Wrex.
Old 27 Nov 2004, 04:19 (Ref:1165381)   #46
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do like the idea of the flags - especially if you could set the flag you wanted.

It's handy in some of the forums to know where people are posting from. An example of this is the Marshalls Forum.

Plus if you live in the same nation, you could always go visit :P

Nice new layout tho Looking forward to getting to use it .
Old 5 Dec 2004, 10:51 (Ref:1171174)   #47
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree. Flags are a good thing IMO, they work well on "other" large motorsport forums and I dont see why it woudnt work well here either.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 11:20 (Ref:1171202)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
I agree. Flags are a good thing IMO, they work well on "other" large motorsport forums and I dont see why it woudnt work well here either.
Other? motorsport forums? Wash your mouth out!
Old 5 Dec 2004, 11:25 (Ref:1171205)   #49
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Care to provide a link to the other motorsport forum where they work? The only one I've seen them on turned them off again as the system they devised to handle them was too server intensive.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 11:43 (Ref:1171219)   #50
Kicking-back
Veteran

There are no other motorsport forums!