Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Nov 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3475420)   #326
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Whaaaaat?

I think it's a beauty.

Dont get me wrong. I like lmp2s, to me the Ligier just doesnt look very good. Especially in that green.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3475435)   #327
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For a second I thought HPD had already prepared a chassis for ESM as that Krohn livery's similar to the renderings thankfully no
Old 16 Nov 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3475550)   #328
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
No Dome this year an issue with the headrest. But next year I look forward to it.
Old 17 Nov 2014, 19:40 (Ref:3475901)   #329
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Not a pretty sight.
It's amazing how different identical chassis can look just from livery choice. The G Drive and OAK Ligiers at COTA looked stunning, this is hideous to me.
Old 17 Nov 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3475905)   #330
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The new Oreca 05 coupe, only accepting Judd and Nissan powerplants initially, will be run by at least two teams next year
http://sportscar365.com/industry/flo...7-regulations/

HPD compatibility being more 'complicated' is interesting. Also love how he called the old rebadge-"Alpine" as Oreca, which is obviously is, but the marketing people don't like it

Adaptability for 2017 seems to be the new key word for new coupes coming out next year and maybe 16. Hopefully the Oak coupe can make the transition without too much hazzle
Old 18 Nov 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3476208)   #331
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The new Oreca 05 coupe, only accepting Judd and Nissan powerplants initially, will be run by at least two teams next year
http://sportscar365.com/industry/flo...7-regulations/

HPD compatibility being more 'complicated' is interesting. Also love how he called the old rebadge-"Alpine" as Oreca, which is obviously is, but the marketing people don't like it

Adaptability for 2017 seems to be the new key word for new coupes coming out next year and maybe 16. Hopefully the Oak coupe can make the transition without too much hazzle
Awesome news. I really hope everyone ditches the open top lmp2s soon, those remnants of the past need to disappear, and those new coupes look very sexy.

Cant wait to see the car rolling, and also the new hpd coupe and the others like zytek. Imagine a 10+ field of next-gen coupes in the wec.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 14:05 (Ref:3476221)   #332
Deleted
Veteran

They won't get to 10 coupes in 'regular' WEC due to the stupid artificial grid caps and whatnot, but 10+ at LM is certainly inevitable. Open top percentage could actually be on the losing side next year already
Old 18 Nov 2014, 14:18 (Ref:3476229)   #333
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
Awesome news. I really hope everyone ditches the open top lmp2s soon, those remnants of the past need to disappear, and those new coupes look very sexy.

Cant wait to see the car rolling, and also the new hpd coupe and the others like zytek. Imagine a 10+ field of next-gen coupes in the wec.
I do prefer open top P2 cars though. They are much easier to distinguish from P1 for casual fans. I can't remember how many times I have to explain that Ligier is not a P1 during Shanghai 6 hrs.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3476231)   #334
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
I do prefer open top P2 cars though. They are much easier to distinguish from P1 for casual fans. I can't remember how many times I have to explain that Ligier is not a P1 during Shanghai 6 hrs.
Yes they are easier to distinguish now that P1 is all-coupe and P2 still has open tops, but few years ago when you had open tops + coupes in both classes it was even more distracting for those casual fans.

The new all-coupe for both classes (+LMP3) -concept shouldn't be more confusing than all-open-top for P1+P2 10 years ago. Although I'd very much prefer if the LMP2 coupes were more distinct from P1s, particularly the privateers. The CLM especially could just be dragged from the lower class...
Old 18 Nov 2014, 15:05 (Ref:3476237)   #335
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i prefer the open tops too. i'm a fan of being able to see the driver working at the wheel. it's also easier to figure out who's actually driving it when you're trackside or watching on tv.

on another note, speaking as someone who's claustraphobic, i wouldn't be able to get in one of the closed cars, let alone drive it. the door gap is tiny, and the visibility looks rubbish!
Old 18 Nov 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3476242)   #336
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Swings and round-abouts. You always get a few years of coupes when the pendulum swings towards safety or whatever, and then the roofs get lopped off to save costs.

Open-top prototypes will return.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3476247)   #337
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Swings and round-abouts. You always get a few years of coupes when the pendulum swings towards safety or whatever, and then the roofs get lopped off to save costs.

Open-top prototypes will return.
You can´t seriously believe that now can you?

Ohhh BTW ESM confirmed full FIA WEC program. FIA WEC is going to be sick next year!!
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/e...ogram-in-2015/
Old 18 Nov 2014, 15:56 (Ref:3476249)   #338
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
Believe that it has happened before? He's correct, it has and on a couple of occasions that I'm aware of.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3476270)   #339
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I wish I could get people to laugh at my real jokes
Old 18 Nov 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3476271)   #340
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You can't seriously believe that he doesn't seriously believe that we're all seriously believing that your serious unbelief isn't seriously believing that teams through the last few decades have seriously believed that they would get a serious advantage by switching to a seriously open or seriously closed cockpit, depending on what rules were seriously enforced?

Seriously?
Old 18 Nov 2014, 17:08 (Ref:3476276)   #341
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, sucks that ESM is going full-time in WEC. I'm sure IMSA is worried about declining entries- Oh wait, they don't care!
Old 19 Nov 2014, 13:52 (Ref:3476568)   #342
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think SAFETY will preclude us from seeing open topped prototypes again. They are even trying to figure out how to get canopies on F1 cars at this point.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3479908)   #343
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DSC reporting that the Morgan will have an update package for the start of next year. I find it interesting and also good news that even though they have released the liger they believe that there is a financial benefit to further develop the Morgan

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/1...t-in-2015.html
Old 30 Nov 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3480199)   #344
Deleted
Veteran

At this stage when the open tops still have 2+1 seasons left to run, and many teams are sensibly still opting for the Oak-Pescarolo rather than the new coupe, it makes sense to have EVO upgrades when the rules permit them. If they had done nothing the existing customers would have moaned anyway
Old 2 Dec 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3481086)   #345
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pilbeam MP100

Looks better with a lick of paint.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...ndre-la-piste/
Old 2 Dec 2014, 16:07 (Ref:3481087)   #346
FGE
Rookie

Germany
Lüneburg
FGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
How comes, that I always think of a missing frontlight in the nose?
Old 2 Dec 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3481110)   #347
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Yep it looks less like a barn-find now.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 17:36 (Ref:3481122)   #348
Deleted
Veteran

The garage still looks as it could be mine or my neighbours.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3482169)   #349
Deleted
Veteran

New vids & pics of the Pilbeam - Zoo's preparing for the 3h race

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Old 5 Dec 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3482180)   #350
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A great way to shakedown the car.
They save the cost of renting a whole track to themselves. They get the experience of having other cars on track to benchmark with. Other cars will generate the rubbish on track, which will show probable faults in design with pickup.