Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 May 2014, 15:23 (Ref:3404545)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gp2 races @ Spain 2014

we just had race 1 of Gp2 at Barcelona and we had an aborted start, SC and messy pit stops but at least we had a very clear winner, sorry for the late thread
Old 10 May 2014, 16:04 (Ref:3404561)   #2
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think anybody expected Cecotto to win that.
He does have the pace though, as he has proved already.
Old 10 May 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3404694)   #3
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amazing debut by Tio! Next to no testing and yet P7 completely on merit. Too bad he has to rely on the availability of free rides...
Old 11 May 2014, 00:50 (Ref:3404753)   #4
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How many years has Coletti had in GP2, yet he's still running into people?

What a goose!!
Old 11 May 2014, 10:44 (Ref:3404874)   #5
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nasr finally broke his duck!
I honestly was seriously doubting whether he'd ever manage it.

A good weekend for Palmer and returnee Dillmann getting on the podium.
Old 11 May 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3405020)   #6
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I appreciate it is very early in the season but it really does look like Jolyon is going to take some beating, and as for Nasr, i am still a long way from convinced.
Old 12 May 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3405529)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
I appreciate it is very early in the season but it really does look like Jolyon is going to take some beating, and as for Nasr, i am still a long way from convinced.
Palmer got on the blower whinging about tyres or something as well?

Suddenly he has a god given right to win EVERY race does he?

Nasr was pretty cool with his maiden win. I still can't believe it's taken this long, maybe he's finally 'getting it'?

I disagree with Will Buxton's praise of Cecotto when he suggested he'd had a word with himself over the winter and had become a much better, calmer driver.

Err, didn't he drive like a total nutcase in Bahrain?!!

Long way to go in this season yet and I don't think one or two guys have got their act fully together yet. When they do the seasoned journeymen may have a spot of bother.
Old 12 May 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3405562)   #8
kotkot
Racer

Hungary
Budapest
kotkot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't wait for that to happen, it's so irritating to see successful youngsters joining GP2 (Evans, Abt, Rossi, Daly, Quaife-Hobbs, only examples) to be beaten by drivers who spent 3+ years in it already.
Old 12 May 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3405585)   #9
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ but that's not exactly unique to GP2 is it? It makes sense that experienced drivers do better, especially with machinery not far off an F1 car that are quite complex. I'd rather see that than rookies doing suspiciously well as we see in other series.

I don't agree with the Nasr criticism either. He's always been more intelligent than all the rest in managing his tyres to be quick at the end of a race (with Singapore last year being the only exception). And he's not passive. He knows when to get stuck in and overtake, and we've seen him charge through the field a few times last year. The main reason why he hadn't won before this weekend is because of the stupid tyre rules last year and because he was going for the championship so couldn't sacrifice a Sunday to get a Saturday win.

And you can't knock Palmer either. Had never been convinced until the second half of last year, but he has speed, strong race craft and consistency. Something several current F1 drivers didn't have in their junior careers.
Old 12 May 2014, 23:08 (Ref:3405654)   #10
kotkot
Racer

Hungary
Budapest
kotkot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rookies struggling has been a typical GP2 thing in the past years, since they introduced the new car, and it is a major issue because GP2 is still really expensive and many talents can't afford even a whole season - how can they prove themselves, then?
Old 13 May 2014, 12:30 (Ref:3405842)   #11
LesterForbes
Site Partner
Rookie

United Nations
Glossop, Derbyshire
LesterForbes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jon Lancaster was on #MotorsportMonday radio show last night, he seemed to give Manor MP an ultimatum live on air and threatened to quit! I really do hope he's back in the car in Monaco and gets a good result, we love the Lancaster.
Old 13 May 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3405989)   #12
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We don't, we rather have Tio in the car :P
Old 13 May 2014, 22:37 (Ref:3406044)   #13
LesterForbes
Site Partner
Rookie

United Nations
Glossop, Derbyshire
LesterForbes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
We don't, we rather have Tio in the car :P
did you hear what he had to say about Tio though he kinda goes off on one, all is not well at MP
Old 14 May 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3406134)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well, it's good to know who the tacky, tabloid version of the other popular weekly motorsport show is.

thanks for promoting your show on our forum without asking for permission, i'll be sure to ask the site administrator to send you a bill.