Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Aug 2023, 18:11 (Ref:4172899)   #2126
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The fact he’s getting results shows he’s not letting the car’s characteristics hold him back. The important thing is it’s faster
Old 9 Oct 2023, 21:27 (Ref:4180760)   #2127
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Once again, we have seen another weekend where the McLaren's have been genuinely competitive, and Lando has lost out to his supposedly weaker teammate.

The win on Saturday was certainly within reach, at least prior to the start, and a great drive on Sunday saw Lando still finish behind Piastri.

Perhaps no-one knows more than Lando that drivers need to grab those fleeting opportunities. They are few and far between.

By failing to gasp those opportunities with Russia, Monza and now Qatar, does Lando lack that edge that separates the very good drivers from those ruthless drivers who will scratch and claw their way to grab that fleeting opportunity?
Old 9 Oct 2023, 23:08 (Ref:4180782)   #2128
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Once again, we have seen another weekend where the McLaren's have been genuinely competitive, and Lando has lost out to his supposedly weaker teammate.

The win on Saturday was certainly within reach, at least prior to the start, and a great drive on Sunday saw Lando still finish behind Piastri.

Perhaps no-one knows more than Lando that drivers need to grab those fleeting opportunities. They are few and far between.

By failing to gasp those opportunities with Russia, Monza and now Qatar, does Lando lack that edge that separates the very good drivers from those ruthless drivers who will scratch and claw their way to grab that fleeting opportunity?
Nah, Lando is a gun.

I really enjoy McLaren's driver lineup, it's one of the strongest on the grid and we can easily appreciate both drivers for what they are - very good and long term multiple race winners.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 23:24 (Ref:4180785)   #2129
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lando has carried the team well and I would argue Oscar wouldn’t be where he is without Lando. However it remains to be seen how much more they could achieve, although I’m sure Lando will get his first win eventually
Old 24 Nov 2023, 11:12 (Ref:4187119)   #2130
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Brown has been busy on his personal Twitter tonight, suggesting McLaren will continue to be supplied technical equipment by Mercedes Benz HPE until at least 2030..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Nov 2023, 13:55 (Ref:4187135)   #2131
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Oscar wouldn’t be where he is without Lando.

On what basis could this possibly be true?
Old 25 Nov 2023, 05:16 (Ref:4187228)   #2132
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Nah, Lando is a gun.

I really enjoy McLaren's driver lineup, it's one of the strongest on the grid and we can easily appreciate both drivers for what they are - very good and long term multiple race winners.
The car is far from perfect.
It is really a bit of a lump of coal that's been upgraded with some diamond style upgrades, but parts of it are still coal or iron.
Lando and Oscar have benefitted from upgrades by really tackling its deficiencies in a intelligent way but it is still a lump of coal underneath.

Hopefully next year's car will remedy many of the underlying MCL60 deficiencies.
Old 23 Dec 2023, 16:59 (Ref:4189719)   #2133
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They had a really good second half of 2023 season and they have two really good young drivers that have enough talent to win multiple races. I am expecting good competition from them in the upcoming season. They may not be able to finish above Red Bull but we may see them finish the 2024 at the second spot.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 19:12 (Ref:4193453)   #2134
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lando Norris extends McLaren deal which will see him stay with the British team beyond 2025. I think it is a good deal for the driver as well as the team.
Old 29 Jan 2024, 13:18 (Ref:4194127)   #2135
MaxLL
Rookie

MaxLL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthrie View Post
Lando Norris extends McLaren deal which will see him stay with the British team beyond 2025. I think it is a good deal for the driver as well as the team.
Hmm, I've read that beyond 2026: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/no...deal/10569397/
Old 30 Jan 2024, 21:35 (Ref:4194284)   #2136
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Be funny when Mr Piastri wins his first race before Mr Norris does, and a WDC..
Old 31 Jan 2024, 01:11 (Ref:4194311)   #2137
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
As much as anyone rates Lando, I also think Oscar is right in the mix. One of my potential 2024 predictions (saving it for the eventual prediction thread) is that Oscar wins a full race before Lando! However I am using reverse psychology on the universe as the accuracy of my predictions are typically quite bad. That if I pick Oscar to win, it will instead be Lando.

Richard
Old 31 Jan 2024, 01:27 (Ref:4194312)   #2138
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Given that Oscar is on about 10% of Lando’s salary in 2024 any challenge would be pretty embarrassing.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 11:05 (Ref:4194369)   #2139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I'll have a fiver on it with you on the latter.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 01:38 (Ref:4194500)   #2140
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'll have a fiver on it with you on the latter.
Sold!