Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Jun 2003, 21:30 (Ref:644137)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eurosport to screen FULL LIVE FIA GT coverage!

It seems that Eurosport have finally gotten their acts together and have decided to screen the Donnington round LIVE, the full 3hrs coverage too. Heres the TV schedule, http://www.eurosport.co.uk/home/page...rs3_Ven2.shtml now whether or not thats because its the British round so British Eurosport are screening it all live or if its the fact that the series is just getting more and more popular.

Hopefully this will set a trend of things to come. Those of us who have Eurosport all need to tune in when its on LIVE this weekend I think. That way if the viewing figures are good it might encourage them to do it more often. Oh btw the race is on the main Eurosport channel, not Eurosport news.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 22:04 (Ref:644159)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems to be Eurosports policy now to use the lame Eurosport News for live coverage, when there are live clashing events. And good on them too.

Hopefully with Ratel being involved in the LMES he can negotiate some live coverage of the LMES races, at least in part like there LM coverage.

Last edited by JAG; 26 Jun 2003 at 22:05.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 22:08 (Ref:644162)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And live Warm-up and ETCC. Great.

Hope they do this for all the races from now on.

If they are showing the warm-up they must have made a descision to step up the coverage of the SRW as a whole.

I've always liked the Live warm-up program for le Mans. It gives the commentators a chance to give you all the gossip and news.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 22:56 (Ref:644187)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Does anyone remember '99, when Eurosport showed hours and hours of Le Mans, live? Ah, happy days...
Old 26 Jun 2003, 23:06 (Ref:644192)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jag, to be honest with u I think the main reason for Eurosports live coverage of FIA GT is because Moto GP is on the Saturday, instead of the Sunday. When Moto GP is on Sundays again we wont stand a chance in getting live coverage on the main channel. Unless of course as many people as possible watch the tv programme, then we might stand a chance of getting some..
Old 27 Jun 2003, 00:18 (Ref:644228)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Does anyone remember '99, when Eurosport showed hours and hours of Le Mans, live? Ah, happy days...
Eurosprts LM coverage was about the same in 1999 as in 2003.

And Saleen, yes I did notice the lack of a Moto GP race, but the fact they are covering the warm-up as well gives me hope. Afterall many Moto GP races are in the middle of the night in Japan etc.

Anyway, live races on Eurosport news would suit me.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 00:22 (Ref:644231)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Yes same here, as has been done recently. But even better if its on the main channel, for starters u actually get decent commentators like Martin and David, I find the guys on Eurosport news are a little dull and just drone on endlessly. Still, as u say Eurosport news is better than no live coverage at all. Just a shame they have small captions going on around the screen at the same time.

Still my hope is as the LG SRW gets more and more popular Eurosport might even put FIA GT in front of Moto GP. Especially as of next season if the manufacturers sign up..
Old 27 Jun 2003, 09:27 (Ref:644527)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Eurosprts LM coverage was about the same in 1999 as in 2003.
But the race was better.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 18:59 (Ref:645019)   #9
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Don't think that LG SRW can overule the Moto GP - I'm sure the contract is that they have to bring the races etc. live. Maybe when the contract is up for renewal. Whenever that is...?
Old 29 Jun 2003, 11:01 (Ref:645900)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Eurosport to screen FULL LIVE FIA GT coverage!

Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
It seems that Eurosport have finally gotten their acts together and have decided to screen the Donnington round LIVE, the full 3hrs coverage too.
Tell me why I don't live in UK ??? I just get beach volley on the screen... I'll have my revenge in November !!!
Old 29 Jun 2003, 11:13 (Ref:645913)   #11
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We need a real auto sport channel
Old 1 Jul 2003, 14:29 (Ref:648474)   #12
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
We need a real auto sport channel
I agree with you 100%