Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 24 Mar 2024, 14:50 (Ref:4202543)   #51
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Brands battle gives: Ducati, Ducati, KTM, KTM and KTM. If only Viñales… Lets see the "excuse room" comments.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 16:33 (Ref:4202561)   #52
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Marc and Pecco singing the same song together. Its Sping in Portugal, not Fall…
Old 24 Mar 2024, 16:34 (Ref:4202562)   #53
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
If only Viñales… Lets see the "excuse room" comments.
Gearbox apparently
Old 24 Mar 2024, 16:40 (Ref:4202567)   #54
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bad luck then. This gives a break to Bibendum boys. Did you have a look to the Hondas results? Did they relocate the racing bikes built in China?
Old 24 Mar 2024, 16:47 (Ref:4202570)   #55
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Acosta has "ce petit je ne sais quoi" in him the same as MM had when joining the batch. Still, I think the real MM will be back sooner or later.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 19:09 (Ref:4202610)   #56
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bagnaia keeps his record of being on the podium every time he doesn't crash since Valencia 2022.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 04:34 (Ref:4202642)   #57
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW What a race !!!!!!!

The pressure is on this year for sure.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 22:43 (Ref:4202781)   #58
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I can honestly say that I don't watch F1, but I have followed Moto GP for years and having the opportunity to see off season testing is a bonus.
It's such a pity that the UK doesn't get behind top level motorcycle racing like they do in Spain !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Mar 2024, 18:29 (Ref:4203040)   #59
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is nothing wrong with what the Brits do. Our bike racing is bred on Superbikes and we have dominated that series for many years recently with riders raised in BSB. GP racing left Britain behind in the 70's pretty much and never really returned but for the odd rider talented enough to break through.

I dont know if you know this Gordon but Spain and Dorna basically BOUGHT MotoGP many years ago.

Back in the early 00's there was MotoGP, WSBK the European series and a few other championships. All run by different people.

Dorna now own MotoGP, WSBK, the European series and a few others they have a monopoly.

Meaning they can invest hugely in Spanish riders who start in their early teens riding for GP teams in Spanish series, and the only way Brits can do this is by living there which is basically what guys like Bradley Smith did back then.

Spain have bought top level bike racing and run it the way they want to, the only person who really pushes back is Rossi who has tried to fill the grid with talented Italians, one of which is now a double world champion, without Rossi's efforts the grid would be largely Spanish AS it was in the 2010's with a smattering of foreign riders there mainly to ensure national tv companies buy tv rights and host GP#s and give Dorna money to do so.

it is a business in every sense of the world,
Old 27 Mar 2024, 20:07 (Ref:4203047)   #60
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes its a business. From what we can see, French are struggling in this field too…
Old 27 Mar 2024, 22:43 (Ref:4203064)   #61
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
France has not been a forerunner in GP racing since the late 70's really, the odd rider has been a hinging light like Ruggia, Sarron, jacques, but most like the UK guts are Superbike and 4 stroke based and endurance racing is the big thing in FGrance not really normal bike racing much like Germany. Both has fairly decent Superbike series in the 00s but they both died a death. German pro Superbike was very big series in the early 90's lots of great teams and riders.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 07:16 (Ref:4203240)   #62
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liberty Media to buy Moto GP?

I wonder what they will do with it? I hope it wont get turned into a social media circus like F1. The tribalism on social media now over F1 is genuinely terrifying.

https://www.ft.com/content/b0872e19-...f-427613ec4e48
Old 29 Mar 2024, 08:43 (Ref:4203246)   #63
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
There is nothing wrong with what the Brits do.
Absolutely agree, I'm a firm supporter of the BSB championship with its' simplistic approach, we have had some fantastic close racing without the need for traction control and all the weird and wonderful(and expensive) gizmos. The current trend in Motogp with all these ridiculous looking aero aids and sophisticated suspension adjustments has made the machinery look plain ugly.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 09:21 (Ref:4203252)   #64
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
I am not racing I do not like the Dorna series, they do OK, but thee does seem to be a huge Ducati love in right now, the SBK rules have not really stopped Bautista blasting past every bike about halfway down any straight, and in GP nobody wants to be on anything else,

As for why certain countries do not engage with GP series, well nobody really can, your only choice as a kid as to go to Spain as a young teenager, or be in the Far East where there are well backed academies.

IN reality there is no real feeder series that will get you into GP racing, countless very quick young Brits have tried and failed.
Old 1 Apr 2024, 10:31 (Ref:4203491)   #65
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Liberty Media to Buy Motorcycle Racing Circuit MotoGP in Deal Valuing Its Owner at $4.5B

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...-1-1235861250/
Old 1 Apr 2024, 12:36 (Ref:4203503)   #66
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Liberty Media to Buy Motorcycle Racing Circuit MotoGP in Deal Valuing Its Owner at $4.5B

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...-1-1235861250/
I thought this was an April Fool’s Day joke.
Old 2 Apr 2024, 18:12 (Ref:4203624)   #67
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I thought this was an April Fool’s Day joke.
I wish its was. They own almost everything now or at least are main share holders. Really no good news imo.
Old 3 Apr 2024, 06:56 (Ref:4203676)   #68
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The British invasion has begun in Navarra, JP's new circuit in northern Spain.
Old 3 Apr 2024, 10:01 (Ref:4203709)   #69
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
A lot of money involved there including resurfacing, new communication and security tools. Sounds positive.
Old 3 Apr 2024, 10:11 (Ref:4203710)   #70
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
I find it a real joke that the opening round of a British series is in Spain, when there are numerous tracks that series could visit in the UK.

OK Palmer owns the venue, but still, this is like BTCC having its first round in Dijon or something, a bit of a joke sorry.
Old 3 Apr 2024, 11:36 (Ref:4203726)   #71
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I find it a real joke that the opening round of a British series is in Spain, when there are numerous tracks that series could visit in the UK.

OK Palmer owns the venue, but still, this is like BTCC having its first round in Dijon or something, a bit of a joke sorry.
They race at most of the best UK circuits anyway, I could be wrong but I think the teams and riders will relish the opportunity of kicking off somewhere with a(hopefully) reasonable climate. It's no different to other series utilizing Spa Francorchamps.
Old 3 Apr 2024, 19:19 (Ref:4203765)   #72
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I think the teams and riders will relish the opportunity of kicking off somewhere with a(hopefully) reasonable climate.
Indeed.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 04:41 (Ref:4204145)   #73
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Money talks at Yamaha it seems.
Locked in
Old 8 Apr 2024, 08:25 (Ref:4204172)   #74
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Correct, money power more than engine power. Two more years for Fabio including a major increase in salary and now they are talking about two satellite teams. First, they have to find a co-rider which might be J Martin and or E Bastianini depending on negociations between Ducati and Yamaha. The more we go the more it sounds like a mercato with puzzling decisisons to say the least.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 20:26 (Ref:4204981)   #75
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was some race at COTA. Maverick Viñales becomes the first rider to win with 3 different manufacturers in the Moto GP era!