Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jul 2001, 08:13 (Ref:112840)   #1
Michael H
Racer

Michael H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ETCC and DTM should be on Australian TV!

Everyone should write to tv stations to get DTM and ETCC on Australian tv soon! These series offer great racing and it is a disgrace that Australians can't watch these series'.
Old 4 Jul 2001, 12:14 (Ref:112915)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know if we would ever see this sort of thing on free to air (unless there is another set up like TOCA's from last season- but how many people were watching that anyway?) I'd say we lobby Foxtel, they've been showing more and more motorsport from everywhere of late....
Old 4 Jul 2001, 12:34 (Ref:112924)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I totally agree we should have both on TV. Seven should show it, because they cover ST, but FOXTEL is showing heaps of cool motorsport this year ( Le Mans this weekend ), and i think the ETC and DTM would be pretty popular. The ETC and DTM are the two most important Touring Car series in the ( the ETC is backed by FIA ), and we get F1 and Rallying, so why not quality touring cars.

Maybe we get get FOXTEL to start a Speedvision style channel for Australia
Old 4 Jul 2001, 12:44 (Ref:112930)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The problem is money- TOCA pay top $$ for their time on Channel 7, and they probably are in more in favour of showing more stuff on the locals who are basically paying for the air time.

Re: Foxtel- I don't think that there is a big enough audience there, such a channel would be pretty expensive, but they do seem to be taking a fair bit of speedvision coverage in now....we can hope and pray i guess
Old 5 Jul 2001, 23:04 (Ref:113569)   #5
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly, it's not going to happen. Have you even heard a news paper of tv station mention the words 'DTM or ETCC'?
Old 6 Jul 2001, 12:51 (Ref:113735)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
papers don't usually mention BTCC, AMA or British Superbikes, Tranzams or American ProRally series, but we get them on FOXTEL, and as the ETC and DTM are the two most prestigous and important touring car series in the world, i think someone could justify showing them.
Old 6 Jul 2001, 21:26 (Ref:113874)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
racer69, I don't have Pay TV, so I didn't know that they telecasted the BTCC and those other events you mentioned.
Old 7 Jul 2001, 01:36 (Ref:113967)   #8
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pay TV in Australia is unbeleivable. I jave one friend with Foxtel and another on Optus Vision. There is NEVER anything on offer an the 30 or so channels each has. Just seems to be like the Free to air networks...football, football and after that, football.

An all motorsport channel and an all sci-fi channel would get me interested in Pay TV.
Old 7 Jul 2001, 10:33 (Ref:114031)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Apart from the things that 69 has said, we also get hings like Nascar and IRL, i know Optus carries a lot of US open wheel stuff etc...join the two together i say
Old 7 Jul 2001, 12:02 (Ref:114076)   #10
nz_tourer
Rookie

nz_tourer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since coming over to QLD, I have very much enjoyed Fox's coverage, better than NZ pay tv. V8 brutes, good to see Le Mans coverage on today, BTCC, never see that stuff back home. Speedvision is good, interesting to see the Drags coverage though am not really a fan, and have seen a bit of F Xtreme as well, go Rees!! NZ has live CART coverage.