Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Jul 2018, 21:39 (Ref:3837596)   #526
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
TOC I believe tested as a favour for TG. I understand the latter highly valued the formers opinions and feedback on the car. So a genuine attempt to try and find some performance gains? And maybe a hope of enticing TOC into the race seat?
Honestly I don't see Tom sitting around at the back with HARD. He's doing very well in GTs and I think it would take a Dynamics / WSR / Motorbase seat to entice him back... I do remember him saying he was very close to a deal this year though, so never say never!
Old 20 Jul 2018, 08:50 (Ref:3837652)   #527
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'd love to see TOC back, he has unfinished business in the series
Old 20 Jul 2018, 09:00 (Ref:3837660)   #528
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
TOC I believe tested as a favour for TG. I understand the latter highly valued the formers opinions and feedback on the car. So a genuine attempt to try and find some performance gains? And maybe a hope of enticing TOC into the race seat?
He's also a very well respected developer of cars. As Team AON would testify as their cars, twice never really looked like winners until he got into them
Old 23 Jul 2018, 07:55 (Ref:3838210)   #529
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All getting a bit messy and unnecessary on the the Rolec/Team Hard/Jake Hill front now.

Hope this gets resolved amicably with no more thrown toys. Its not really needed.
Attached Thumbnails
rolec.PNG  
Old 23 Jul 2018, 08:15 (Ref:3838214)   #530
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know people look out for their kids but I am feeling from things on twitter that Hill Senior is stirring things more than necessary
Old 23 Jul 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3838219)   #531
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks pretty grotesque now, especially with Hill Senior prying into their business.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3838224)   #532
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Heard stories that Dynamic’s were poised to make a bid for the 3rd BMR TBL (from TOCA I’d assume) when it looked like a 3rd car would materialise! However the last minute Price deal kissed goodbye to a 3rd Dynamics Honda for Mat Jackson. That I would like to of seen.
Right idea, wrong Team/Manufacturer, someone's paid the Price for trying to run a big works team without the sponsorship to do so.

Only 2 Subaru's on the grid for the rest of the year, if they can see the season out...…….
Old 23 Jul 2018, 08:52 (Ref:3838226)   #533
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope everything does get sorted out a Team HARD, we've only got a few days till Snetterton
Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3838236)   #534
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5five View Post
All getting a bit messy and unnecessary on the the Rolec/Team Hard/Jake Hill front now.

Hope this gets resolved amicably with no more thrown toys. Its not really needed.
What a shambles.

Although, seriously, why post publicly a private message? Not professional at all.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3838239)   #535
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Right idea, wrong Team/Manufacturer, someone's paid the Price for trying to run a big works team without the sponsorship to do so.

Only 2 Subaru's on the grid for the rest of the year, if they can see the season out...…….
So someone other than Honda will be fielding another car for the rest of the season, or will the BTCC be down a car and a BMR TBL goes back to TOCA?
Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:28 (Ref:3838243)   #536
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
So someone other than Honda will be fielding another car for the rest of the season, or will the BTCC be down a car and a BMR TBL goes back to TOCA?
I would've thought TOCA would want a full grid for the 60th anniversary race - not sure if any teams are in the position to expand though. PMR have a spare Astra and there is a Handy Avensis floating around for SW, though it depends down to time / money / size of team.

Think we could see a new team or two in the 2019 grid...!
Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:38 (Ref:3838247)   #537
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I would've thought TOCA would want a full grid for the 60th anniversary race - not sure if any teams are in the position to expand though. PMR have a spare Astra and there is a Handy Avensis floating around for SW, though it depends down to time / money / size of team.

Think we could see a new team or two in the 2019 grid...!
Nothing to say the VW or Subaru (or MG for that matter) couldn't turn out under another banner for the rest of the season either. Long shot but there must be a couple of Focus cars kicking around, could we see a "Jacksons Ford" entry? we also have Dynamics "spare" old shape Honda if someone turned out with enough in the piggy bank, could we see Sheddon come back to help Neals title bid? <- that would be a bit of a crowd puller for the 60th anniversary bash!

your right cant imagine a big 60th celebration when 1 team has sacked a driver without replacement, 1 team has fallen out with and split with their driver and another has run out of money
Old 23 Jul 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3838283)   #538
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post

is this confirmed anywhere ?

from what I seen only AMD officially still looks for a driver and Gilham with his social media games suggesting he will drive

Last edited by porsche962fan; 23 Jul 2018 at 12:27.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3838285)   #539
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Nothing to say the VW or Subaru (or MG for that matter) couldn't turn out under another banner for the rest of the season either.
The one thing stopping that is the lack of any cars. There were only ever 4 VWs built, and of the 3 MGs built only 2 remain. so basically all the cars available are already on the grid, or at least were last time out.

Of those 3 makes, only Subaru have a spare car available, and I don't see either Subaru or BMR finding the cash to be able to field that.

Quote:
Long shot but there must be a couple of Focus cars kicking around, could we see a "Jacksons Ford" entry?
One shell is with Ciceley, minus any useful parts. The others are all with Motorbase, and somehow I can't see Jackson in a Motorbase car any time soon.

Quote:
we also have Dynamics "spare" old shape Honda if someone turned out with enough in the piggy bank, could we see Sheddon come back to help Neals title bid?
Factory team running an old model alongside two new cars? Can't see that happening.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 12:44 (Ref:3838287)   #540
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

Factory team running an old model alongside two new cars? Can't see that happening.
it can happen if this car is under a sponsor's banner and of course total different livery
Old 23 Jul 2018, 12:46 (Ref:3838289)   #541
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
The one thing stopping that is the lack of any cars. There were only ever 4 VWs built, and of the 3 MGs built only 2 remain. so basically all the cars available are already on the grid, or at least were last time out.

Of those 3 makes, only Subaru have a spare car available, and I don't see either Subaru or BMR finding the cash to be able to field that.
This is the point I am making, speculating that there might be an Avensis somewhere or an Astra is fine but we already know there is a working MG, VW and Subaru already prepared as I dont recall any of these getting written off at Croft. My suggestion is rather than look at what cars are there, could these existing cars not be transferred to be run by an alternative team if there is a danger they will not be able to fulfill their agreement by having no driver to run in them
Old 23 Jul 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3838290)   #542
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
This is the point I am making, speculating that there might be an Avensis somewhere or an Astra is fine but we already know there is a working MG, VW and Subaru already prepared as I dont recall any of these getting written off at Croft. My suggestion is rather than look at what cars are there, could these existing cars not be transferred to be run by an alternative team if there is a danger they will not be able to fulfill their agreement by having no driver to run in them
...Infiniti
Old 23 Jul 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3838291)   #543
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Do we know for sure the old chassis hasn't had the new body parts attached to it in the last 4 or 5 weeks?
Wouldn't seem logical to keep the car as a spare if there was no intention or remote possibility of it ever being used.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 12:58 (Ref:3838293)   #544
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Do we know for sure the old chassis hasn't had the new body parts attached to it in the last 4 or 5 weeks?
Wouldn't seem logical to keep the car as a spare if there was no intention or remote possibility of it ever being used.
I've been informed in the past that the new body is not compatible with the old chassis.

Not to say they haven't used the parts from the old chassis to build a 3rd car though - or even a 3rd car from the ground up?
Old 23 Jul 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3838294)   #545
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
If it's the one I think it is then I think it is a show car - it was on the Honda stand at FOS a few weeks back (Neal 2017)
Old 23 Jul 2018, 13:56 (Ref:3838299)   #546
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
we can ignore my suggestion of Honda rolling the old car out for Sheddon to help Neal for the rest of the season - final round clashes with WTCR Chinese round
Old 23 Jul 2018, 14:09 (Ref:3838300)   #547
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
we can ignore my suggestion of Honda rolling the old car out for Sheddon to help Neal for the rest of the season - final round clashes with WTCR Chinese round
Besides the date clash, the main reason why it would never happen is why would Honda allow that? The whole point of Dynamics running the FK8 is that it promotes the current product Honda sells, not a car which is a couple of year out of production.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3838301)   #548
Evantra
Veteran

England
Also he drives for Audi now...
Old 23 Jul 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3838302)   #549
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Besides the date clash, the main reason why it would never happen is why would Honda allow that? The whole point of Dynamics running the FK8 is that it promotes the current product Honda sells, not a car which is a couple of year out of production.
Some suggestions...

1. - As mentioned, it could have been done under a different banner
2. - We have already raised the question if the old car could have been stripped to build up a new car or reshelled
3. - 60th anniversary may have allowed a champion to return in a car (even of not THE chassis) he has won the title in in recent years, meaning another champion on the grid for this event which may have attracted more interest from potential sponsors

However as you say this is quite unlikely, it just seems at the moment we are potentially heading to the 60th anniversary event 2 possibly 3 cars down which I don't think Gow will allow to happen for his showcase event, that's what im most curious about as I just cant see it happening.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3838309)   #550
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
is this confirmed anywhere ?

from what I seen only AMD officially still looks for a driver and Gilham with his social media games suggesting he will drive
The Price parting company whisper is no longer a quiet secret as I understand it. Not sure if this means 2 or 3 Subarus though. Mr Scott could always jump in if keeping the TBL is a priority.

Talking of bosses jumping in, I'm now very strongly suspecting Mssrs Gilham and Hollamby peddling. One or both depending on the Hill/HARD divorce progress.