Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 May 2001, 09:37 (Ref:98251)   #1
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lakeside Konica V8 Supercars

And so, the Konica Series circus's next stop is Lakeside for round five of the Championship. Who is going to win? Can a Ford break the dominance of the Holdens? Can Leanne Ferrier win a race?

And more importantly, how many ten-tenthers are going? Crash Test, I guess you'll be there - you went last year didn't you? Anyone else going? The V8's at Lakeside are always great. Hopefully we can have some great racing like race two last year!
Old 29 May 2001, 10:30 (Ref:98256)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was worried when I attended Round 1 at Wakelfield Park that last years parity issues in the Shell series would raise their head this year in the Konicas.

I noticed half the Ford AUs were running the old front spoiler and half were running the new front spoiler.

As the series is now VT Vs AU all these AUs in the Konica field will be the first AUs made which weren't very competitive which means that it will be a while before the competitive AUs being made now find their way to this series.

Maybe this explains the Holden domination in this years Konica Series where as last year the results were more even and a Ford EL actually one the series.
Old 29 May 2001, 11:16 (Ref:98277)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah i live out at Lakeside you know

Even though I'll probably be doing AA stuff, I can probably still spare a while to go and have a beer on the hill....heck, i was working last year and i still managed to sneak in a few cold ones...

My pick is WW (right Moff?). I've seen the car in the workshop, and it looks **** hot...and WW is pumped up for a big one.

Then again, Paul (go Paul!), Trucky etc will all be on the pace no doubt.
Old 30 May 2001, 11:18 (Ref:98757)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there for sure. I went last year and had a great time, one of the best meetings of the year. I would love to see WW get out there and show them how it's done.

In my opinion it's a Ford track, but nearly all the top teams are running Holdens. I don't think it's anything to do with parity, just that Holden are well renowned for doing more, for more competitors, particularly privateers. There's nothing to stop anyone from putting the new front spoiler on an old AU, it's prefectly legal. In last year's series, the VT and AU weren't eligible, so it had to be an EL or VS that took the title.
Old 19 Jun 2001, 00:29 (Ref:106680)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still trying to figure out the support card. There are supposed to be 5 classes racing. So that's V8s, Porsche Cup, Daewoos, Saloon Cars....and something else....
Old 19 Jun 2001, 04:49 (Ref:106735)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
OK, I'll answer my own question, it is of course the CD&E GTP cars Go Richard Winston!
Old 3 Jul 2001, 01:12 (Ref:112345)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Well the meeting is finally on this weekend, and I for one am very excited

WW took his new look yellow and green beast out last Friday, but he had a flat in the kink, and apparently damaged the car a bit...but it should be right to go.

There is a thread in the Trackside forum : http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...5&goto=newpost -check it out!
Old 3 Jul 2001, 02:27 (Ref:112368)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
hey Crash ..got any pics of waynes yellow and green beast as you call it ???

sounds interesting anyway.

dont know if wayne will be right up the front as he hasnt driven for a while but im sure he will be giving 100% and i hope he is up there giving it to them.

as for the winner..you cant go past Simon wills can you ..oh hang on is he doing this round ???

dont know but it is shaping up to be a good one.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 04:21 (Ref:112388)   #9
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did notice in Auto Action a couple of weeks ago Wills had the Team Dynamik VT Commodore up for sale. Perhaps now he has the CAT Enduro drives he may have chucked in the towell ?
Old 3 Jul 2001, 07:26 (Ref:112408)   #10
nz_tourer
Rookie

nz_tourer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow, Wayne is going to race eh? great. I take it that he is driving the VS?

loved the battle between him and Canto last year, one of the best V8 rounds I have seen.

I noticed on RPM that they will have someone there and will have a report on Sundays edition, do they usually have the Konica series live or do we have to wait until the following week?
Old 3 Jul 2001, 08:34 (Ref:112422)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As stated in the Trackside forum, I'll be there, Sunday only.

Konica series rounds are always delayed telecast, a week at least.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 11:26 (Ref:112454)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
To answer David's question from the other thread, WW is driving the repaired Canto smash car from Bathurst 99. There are two rather massive weld marks at the front and back, and it also has a considerably bigger roll cage in it now. The green is the same as the green on the shaggin wagon. His car from last year was crashed at Lakeside earlier in the year with a passenger on board (WW wasn't driving) and I don't know it's current whereabouts.

I just hope it has enough pace to cover the VTs..

By the way, 26 cars are entered, including Simon Wills. Michael Simpson is also having a run, and having a first run in V8s is Kenny Habul. Team SA and Morky have TBA's re: drivers.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 14:58 (Ref:112525)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I hope team SA put Donaher back in the car..he was great at Winton and much faster than Adam wallis.

can anyone tell me where I have heard the name kenny Habul before ???I know I have heard it somewhere but where I dont have a clue.

and also the May boys are out for their first run arent they ???

good luck to them and all of them really ...26 cars sounds like a fine days racin.
Old 4 Jul 2001, 00:13 (Ref:112749)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Yep, Wesley May is having a run in the ex-Owen Parkinson, ex-Cougars, ex-Bathurst winning car.

Kenny Habul- I believe he is an ex-Formula Ford driver...I wonder which car he is in...
Old 7 Jul 2001, 08:55 (Ref:114005)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Wow...what a race meeting thus far!

If you want to say gday tomorrow, I'll be floating around the pit lane, looking like a bit of a goose
Old 8 Jul 2001, 11:17 (Ref:114339)   #16
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Congratulations Mark, on a great job as Pit Reporter. Well done.

BTW, how good was Wayne today, he had 3,000 people riding in the car with him and he still got two seconds and a fourth.
Old 8 Jul 2001, 11:48 (Ref:114354)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Cheers David, i think I f'ed up a few times, but as a whole, it would go dammed near to the best weekend I've had in my life.

Wayne was absolutely sensational...and you were rigth, half there people there were barking for him.

But hey, hopw good was Paul Dumbrell- round winner! Races 2 and 3 were a walk in the park...too easy.

Marcus- Donaher had a run, but some front end damage resulted in a rooted radiator- end of day

Then there was the carnage- McGill was nerfed off the track by Parsons, Heath and Shaw had a big one at the kink, and Leanne Ferrier stuffed her car in fairly well too...
Old 9 Jul 2001, 03:09 (Ref:114607)   #18
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark, good job doing the interviews! It was so strange listening to 'Crash Test' doing the interviews. David, were you commentating? It is just that in the front of the program, it listed David Paterson as a commentator. Was this you or someone else?

Regarding Leanne Ferrier, on what part of the track did she crash. I was watching from the kink on the main straight, and didn't see it happpen. Also, who caused the Shaw/Heath incident? I saw it all unfold, but didn't take in what happened. I just saw Heath spinning Shaw.

Did anyone here see Craig Lowndes or Garth Tander in the pits? I saw them, and had a bit of a chat with Craig, and got his signature. He seemed quite happy to be signing autographs. Not so Garth Tander. He didn't say anything.

Speaking of Garth, I noticed he was helping work on the car, and carry stuff around. Is it in his contract, or was he just helping out Leanne Ferrier?
Old 9 Jul 2001, 07:48 (Ref:114650)   #19
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I was watching from Hungry, so i didn't see the Shaw/Heath incident and i have no idea what happened to Ferrier. I saw the Parsons/McGill incident and I think Parsons got off lightly.

I saw Lowndesy working in the pits with the Dumbrell/Parsons crew. I thought it was a no-no for a team to run both makes, but Gibson are running Fords in the Shell series and Holdens in the Konica series.

DNQ, I often do commentary but I didn't do any at this meeting.
Old 9 Jul 2001, 09:45 (Ref:114695)   #20
Bob
Rookie

Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Wayne Wakefield back in the ex-heffernan commodore it looks just as good as it did in the Price Attack colours, if not better.
Great racing on the weekend, too bad there were some heavy shunts for the unfortunete Ric Sahw,Aaron McGill and Alan Heath.
Old 9 Jul 2001, 10:28 (Ref:114713)   #21
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys - I loved reading this stuff, and don't you Banana Benders have all the fun, including the State of Origin.
Old 9 Jul 2001, 11:06 (Ref:114734)   #22
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
G'day Bob, welcome to the funhouse. Wayne's car looked good in the green and gold, but it was fabulous in red. Red cars go faster you see.
Old 9 Jul 2001, 21:55 (Ref:114993)   #23
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Leanne crashed exiting the Karassel, she had a bit of a wobble, over corrected, got in the dirt, had another wobble, kept the boot into it, and ploughed straight into the wall.

I did a bit of an interview with Garth on Saturday during a red flag. He was on the comms all weekend to Leanne, which was funny, because Garry Rogers wasn't... It was funny, he was changing tyres, looking after telementry downloads, opperating the air hoses....all this while being extremely annoyed about not being out there...

Craig was a bit of a phantom in the pit lane, I only saw him once or twice over the weekend....plus he needs a haircut

Actually, the paint on WW's car was expecially made for the team- now that's fairly tricky
Old 10 Jul 2001, 11:23 (Ref:115200)   #24
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Garth is always helping out Leanne at the rounds. I said to him at Oran Park that they have him working and he replied that you know it's going bad when he has to help. I think it is really this way his ticket/accom. is paid for as crew.