Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Dec 2008, 07:27 (Ref:2354042)   #1
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
An interesting question....

It's 2:30AM over here, and an interesting thought just came through my mind.

What if by some weird chance, EVERY car on the grid had to change engines on the weekend? How would the grid be set, since they all have to go back ten places?
Old 13 Dec 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2354051)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's 2:30AM over here
Try counting sheep instead of worrying about F1......
Old 13 Dec 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2354076)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If sleeping ain't a solution there are other ways of getting tired and free your mind to sleep, waaay much better than F1.
Think of that, if everyone's punished than it's alright isn't it ? The idea is not punishment itself but a way to avoid an advantage.
Come on you know what I'm talking about... err... sleep.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 09:52 (Ref:2354093)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, I have had a quick flick through the 2009 regs. I cannot see anything specifically laid out that deals with this. There have been various strategies in previous regulations, but I cannot see any in the 2009 version.

It has varied from inverted failure order straight failure order through the years, but I could not see something this time.

There must be something in it that I have not seen which covers this?
Old 13 Dec 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2354115)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which might be of some relevance...
Old 13 Dec 2008, 10:53 (Ref:2354120)   #6
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well if everyone went back ten places, everyone would shuffle up ten places as the car in front moves back. So you would still have grid places 1 - 20 filled.

Now if the order of the penalties is when the engine change is made (lets say its based on session) then you would get a mix up of the cars but you'd still have spots 1 - 20 filled.

Perhaps someone could ask someone to put some white powder in the fueltanks of all of the cars so we can find out.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2354135)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Whatever happens you can be sure that somehow both McLarens would end up at the back.

Go back to sleep!
Old 13 Dec 2008, 13:18 (Ref:2354182)   #8
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it was every car positions would still remain the same grid..